Bombers Add Quarterback Tyler Russell

Rich

Quite a difference between the first and second videos. In the first, he showed poise, a fluid snap of the arm in throwing passes, and looked like he could run if need be. In the second, he was let down a lot by his receivers but frequently looked tentative and off his rhythm. A pocket passer, no question, and did not look like he had much of a chance to land on his feet here.

Who are CFL qbs going into free agency this off season? I'd like to see us sign a decent veteran qb with experience to back up Willy. Not Kevin Glenn btw. Now, maybe Marve is that guy, I guess we'll find out.

I think anyone decent will re-up with their teams or head to a place with a better starting opportunity.

as Irving just tweeted: "He's just here to be evaluated, not to be a saviour..."

Bob Irving is the new Captain Obvious. 

That's probably his response to this...

jim bender         @bendersun

Psst, the #bombers have actually signed a QB - Tyler Russell. 6-4, 220-pound Mississippi State. But will he see any action this year?

To which Irving should have replied "Dear God I hope not - do you comprehend how many things will have to go wrong and how bad things will have to be before playing this kid this year could be considered the right decision?  You cover sports, right Bender?  You understand guys come onto and off of the practise roster all the time in football.  If you don't, well, they do.  We had multiple QBs added and deleted from our practise roster last year before we traded for Portis.  This is a guy who is auditioning for a chance to audition for the 3rd or 4th string job next year.  And if they don't like him he'll be gone in 2 weeks and the next guy will be shipped in.  This will continue until Willy is healthy and Davis needs his spot back on the PR.  And then it will start again when the PR expands in October.  If this kid gets a handle on the CFL, learns the playbook, develops a rapport with the receivers and passes all 3 guys ahead of him on the depth chart before Willy returns, he's way too good to be playing in this league.  Seriously Bender, stop coming in to work after a bender."

That's 144 characters, right?

No harm in bringing him in for a cup of coffee and a number 2.

I thought after a coffee it would be a No. 1
Coffee is known to help with the digestion process.
I always take a No. 2 after my coffee.
That's why I said a cup of coffee and a number 2.

Lebird is correct.  Coffee is a diuretic so you'd be going number 1 more often.

Gotta remember this guys name so I can start chanting it when I don't like how our QB is playing.  Although Davis is up next.