Election 2015

FrostyWinnipeg

Minority Liberal government. Both Harper & Mulcair resign. 

But what if...Trudeau says something like "If you don't want the Conservatives in office vote Liberal."

Lots of fence NDP'ers would vote Liberal.

Would that be enough to make it a majority? I'm not sure it would. Not even sure they gonna have the most seats.

8FiocnR.jpg?1

Funny how people post the anti harper (and in some cases anti Trudeau) stuff like its fact. Regardless of outcome of the NDP don't win there will be plenty of bewildered lefties claiming the wrong guys won.

How is that a lefty thing?

No matter who wins there will be people saying the wrong guys won.

Otherwise the vote would be unanimous.

There has been a whole lot of moral authority coming from harperquarters. Tough on crime, making niqab an issue (dare I say it), etc. etc.

Not really moral authority.  They ran on tough on crime and run successive campaigns.  Thats not a moral authority issue.  Its a voter issue.

And it was the courts that made the Niqab an issue this election.  And the 70% of Canadian who agree with the Conservative opinion.  I agree the media blew it out of proportion as an issue impacting Canadians though.  Its sort of one of those no-brainers that it makes "common sense" and so many Canadians agree, that it really shouldnt have been an issue.  But the courts disagreed.  Which is the role of the courts, so be it.

There has been a whole lot of moral authority coming from harperquarters. Tough on crime, making niqab an issue (dare I say it), etc. etc.

Very well said.

More like moral majority since those issues are supported by the majority of Canadians.  Its generally the left that gets their moral authority panties in a bunch over what Canadians "want" and "need".  Plus its those people that take things like "crime" and pretend their minority opinion is the morally correct one.

Im not sure that's desperation.  But I do think it's a good idea.  If the Liberals actually looked at doing this, I'd be interested...

Its pandering to their base.  The Cons are off track on the pot issue and have been for awhile. 

Not really moral authority.  They ran on tough on crime and run successive campaigns.  Thats not a moral authority issue.  Its a voter issue.

And it was the courts that made the Niqab an issue this election.  And the 70% of Canadian who agree with the Conservative opinion.  I agree the media blew it out of proportion as an issue impacting Canadians though.  Its sort of one of those no-brainers that it makes "common sense" and so many Canadians agree, that it really shouldnt have been an issue.  But the courts disagreed.  Which is the role of the courts, so be it.

It wasn't the courts or the media that connected the hijab to 'protecting Canadians from Terrorism.'

But I'm not going down that road again - been there - done that.

It wasn't the courts or the media that connected the hijab to 'protecting Canadians from Terrorism.'

But I'm not going down that road again - been there - done that.

It was the media.  I could be wrong but I'd have to have you link me to the Cons making the connection between the Niqab being worn during citizenship oath and "protecting Canadians from terrorism" because I dont think Canadians think that.  I think the media likes to pretend Canadians are dumb but I think most Canadians (maybe outside of Quebec) see it for what it is.

And it was absolutely the media that blew the Niqab debate up because they liked the idea of trying to paint Harper as racist.  Which is, ofcourse, silly.

Very well said.

More like moral majority since those issues are supported by the majority of Canadians. Its generally the left that gets their moral authority panties in a bunch over what Canadians "want" and "need". Plus its those people that take things like "crime" and pretend their minority opinion is the morally correct one.

Ah you are so funny. 'Its bad when they do it but here is why we are justified in doing the same thing'

Very well said.

More like moral majority since those issues are supported by the majority of Canadians. Its generally the left that gets their moral authority panties in a bunch over what Canadians "want" and "need". Plus its those people that take things like "crime" and pretend their minority opinion is the morally correct one.

Ah you are so funny. 'Its bad when they do it but here is why we are justified in doing the same thing'

You've shown to be far more intelligent than to completely whiff on that one.  Try again.

Very well said.

You've shown to be far more intelligent than to completely whiff on that one.  Try again.

The fact of the matter is that you and KBF both epitomize the types of behaviours that you detest so much that "only exist in the NDP" 

Very well said.

The fact of the matter is that you and KBF both epitomize the types of behaviours that you detest so much that "only exist in the NDP" 

Not remotely true.  I cant speak for KBF but I am wide open to non-Conservative ideas, have been critical of Conservative policies I dont agree.  I look at things as logically as possible.  And just because logic and common sense dictate some negativity towards the left is not a personal insult towards you.  The fact you take it as such speaks volumes.

I've been clear.  I like Stephen Harper.  The vast majority of the Anti-Harper hysteria is nonsense and silly.  The Liberals would be my second choice if I had to have a second choice.  I dislike Trudeau.  I find it insulting that the Liberals installed him as leader knowing his positives had nothing to do with effectiveness as leader.  But as I have previously said, it doesnt change my life if the Liberals win and the Cons lose.  In fact, I do a bit better tax-wise.

Hey, at least I don't lie and say that Harper has cut billions from health care.  I am still trying to understand why massive whopping lies like that are just accepted and tolerated by the self-appointed moral majority here, and yet TUP and I are continually singled out (as in the post above), for committing the heinous crime of not marching in lock-step with Team I Hate Harper.  I will actually be extremely happy if Trudeau wins a minority, truth be told.  I just don't see the need to make up constant lies about Harper, for what purpose?  And I will be extremely happy to see the NDP reduced back down to 40 seats or less.  Yes, I really can't stand the NDP.  So what.

Great point KBF. If harper was so bad the left wouldn't hve to lie. While the right talks policies the left talks about what a personal devil the PM is. Desperate and disrespectful

Anyway...

The Liberals, who started the election in third place, have overtaken the Conservatives in seat projections, with 128 seats to the Conservatives’ 122. The NDP, once the front-runner, is trailing with 84 seats.

Very well said.

Not remotely true.  I cant speak for KBF but I am wide open to non-Conservative ideas, have been critical of Conservative policies I dont agree.  I look at things as logically as possible.  And just because logic and common sense dictate some negativity towards the left is not a personal insult towards you.  The fact you take it as such speaks volumes.

I've been clear.  I like Stephen Harper.  The vast majority of the Anti-Harper hysteria is nonsense and silly.  The Liberals would be my second choice if I had to have a second choice.  I dislike Trudeau.  I find it insulting that the Liberals installed him as leader knowing his positives had nothing to do with effectiveness as leader.  But as I have previously said, it doesnt change my life if the Liberals win and the Cons lose.  In fact, I do a bit better tax-wise.

you are beyond delusional. You don't even know where left and right lie. You pretend there is a media bias to the left when the mass media portray a very central view, the SUN and post portray a very right wing view and the left (the real left not your idea that just right of your opinion is left) is completly unrepresented in the mainstream media.

You claim the "NDP is so biased" when you show the exact same biases. You chastize the NDP for trying to claim the moral high ground, then try to claim it in the next breath. You claim the NDP is intolerant of the right's viewpoints and then show the exact same intolerance. My personal favourite is how you get so butthurt when somone stretches the truth about your guy and then do the exact same thing right back

I don't even like the NDP, nor will I ever vote for them but I'll say it again you and KBF both epitomize the types of behaviours that you detest so much that "only exist in the NDP"

I don't even like the NDP, nor will I ever vote for them but I'll say it again you and KBF both epitomize the types of behaviours that you detest so much that "only exist in the NDP"

Wonderful.  I am going to check my care-o-meter.

Care+o+meter_87cfcf_3773452.jpg

I'll say it again.  I'll never understand why giant whopping lies are tolerated here.  It just boggles the mind. 

Wonderful.  I am going to check my care-o-meter.

Care+o+meter_87cfcf_3773452.jpg

I'll say it again.  I'll never understand why giant whopping lies are tolerated here.  It just boggles the mind. 

not sure why you bring up the same one point twenty times, starting to get forgetful?

Get over it. There are plenty of legitiamte reasons to want Harper out of office. Quit crying about the same comment someone made ten pages ago.

anyone voting for the conservatives pretending that harper is a good economic steward is living with a giant wopping lie. Its not unique to one side of the spectrum.

Very well said.

you are beyond delusional. You don't even know where left and right lie. You pretend there is a media bias to the left when the mass media portray a very central view, the SUN and post portray a very right wing view and the left (the real left not your idea that just right of your opinion is left) is completly unrepresented in the mainstream media.

You claim the "NDP is so biased" when you show the exact same biases. You chastize the NDP for trying to claim the moral high ground, then try to claim it in the next breath. You claim the NDP is intolerant of the right's viewpoints and then show the exact same intolerance. My personal favourite is how you get so butthurt when somone stretches the truth about your guy and then do the exact same thing right back

You are projecting your perceptions and biases on others.  Im not sure where anyone said any specific behavior existed solely in the NDP or ALL the media.  You're rabid defense of the left and mis-perception of what people here post is laughable.  Which NDP candidate is your Uncle?  Because you take things very personally.  You need to relax.

The SUN is a right leaning paper.  Yes.  Ezra is right leaning.  Who is denying these things?  But you put words in people's mouths and make leaps to try and make irrelevant points.  And if you cant, you name call or insult.  Might as well call you Angry Tom.  lol