Election 2015

FrostyWinnipeg

2.4 million people have voted at advance polls. People were saying lineups were as long as 30 minutes.

This turn out is good news for the Cons. if those advanced polls were located in retirement homes but basically bad news if they weren't.

They weren't. I'm in my late 30's - plenty of friends who are my age or younger voted yesterday

Same here.  My wife & I went on Saturday & the age of people voting was pretty diverse.  Quite a few of my friends (late 20's to late 30's) have already voted as well.

At our station, it was close to a 45 min wait with less than a dozen people in line in front of us so I can't even imagine how long some of the waits were at busier stations.    

Generally, they say advanced polls means change.  But how much of it is also just the changing methods of a younger demographic?  From my own social media circle, Ive seen a lot of advanced poll voters and its not like these people have to vote early to vote against the Cons.

I'd certainly say it doesnt bode well for the Cons but I would say its not all "change" voters.  Its just people who live busy lives voting when its convenient.  Plus, being a long campaign, there are probably people who want to vote that are maybe tired of the election and once they vote, it's out of sight, out of mind.

Generally, they say advanced polls means change.  But how much of it is also just the changing methods of a younger demographic?  From my own social media circle, Ive seen a lot of advanced poll voters and its not like these people have to vote early to vote against the Cons.

I'd certainly say it doesnt bode well for the Cons but I would say its not all "change" voters.  Its just people who live busy lives voting when its convenient.  Plus, being a long campaign, there are probably people who want to vote that are maybe tired of the election and once they vote, it's out of sight, out of mind.

Good turn out in advanced polls usually means motivated voters.  They can be motivated by the opportunity for change or motivated to preserve the status quo.  Which of these two scenarios do you think is most likely playing out?

Good turn out in advanced polls usually means motivated voters.  They can be motivated by the opportunity for change or motivated to preserve the status quo.  Which of these two scenarios do you think is most likely playing out?

As I said in the very first line of my post, "change"

@CTVNews: Trudeau says he would tell Putin off 'to his face' if he becomes prime minister http://t.co/z1jL6mi7xE#elxn42 http://t.co/jj4N9o1GsY

Awwww that's cute

giphy.gif

It could happen... Trudeau already proved he could whoop the best the Conservatives could throw at him.

8c59f5acbd9bb5d8c0498c1685df5ddc.jpg?stm

Trudeau wouldnt even know what to say to Putin if he could even get a conversation with him.  And Trudeau is the type of guy who'd ask for Putin's autograph, not chastize him. 

@CTVNews: Trudeau says he would tell Putin off 'to his face' if he becomes prime minister http://t.co/z1jL6mi7xE#elxn42 http://t.co/jj4N9o1GsY

Awwww that's cute

giphy.gif

It could happen... Trudeau already proved he could whoop the best the Conservatives could throw at him.

yeah Trudeau proved he can whip a bouncer at a strip club.

Awwww that's cute

giphy.gif

yeah Trudeau proved he can whip a horrible senator who was hand picked by Harper.

FYP.

@charlesadler: Seat Projections: #Liberals 134, #Conservatives 119, #NDP 80 http://t.co/j54RP1LKmU@CBCPolitics @SiriusXMCanada #elxn42

Painful for Adler no doubt.

Nice hair though :wacko:

110121_harper5.jpg

Harper's hair wasn't too bad either back in the day... much better than it is these days at any rate.

I don't understand the whole nice hair thing. They both got nice hair, what's the big deal. I wish I had nice hair!

They say over 2 million people voted at the advanced polls, To me this sound like People wanting change, Not sure what the final numbers will be but i think the cons are done, Liberals will probably win.

It's weird, I don't consider myself a con, liberal or NDP, i vote for the person i feel would best represent what i want in a person running things, the party to me is irrelevant...More people should think like this, If the con guy in the riding is a huge ****** and a bad person, why would anyone vote for him? because they consider themselves a conservative? makes no sense to me. But... i will say this, i was very undecided on who to vote for, but those damn commericals the Cons are running, the more i see them, the more it makes me want to vote for someone not conservative... and since i Don't really like Muclair or whatever his name is, that leaves 1 option and i feel that 2 million people voting at advanced polls say that we all know who that 1 option actually is.... It ain't harper, it ain't the NDP... 

Liberals win and it won't be as close as people think. 

I don't diagree with you Goalie. I'm disappointed on the Cons to a degree. But the mistakes I see come with being in power for a long time.

And people naturally gravitate towards "change" when the incumbent has been around awhile.

But the rise of the liberals is less about their policies and more about a turn away from the NDP

That's a win in my book...to a degree. Liberals are lesser of two evils. I'll save a couple hundred bucks in tax under the liberals so it doesn't change my life. But I will laugh heartily of Harper wins.

I might vote this week. And it will most likely be Cons.

I don't diagree with you Goalie. I'm disappointed on the Cons to a degree. But the mistakes I see come with being in power for a long time.

And people naturally gravitate towards "change" when the incumbent has been around awhile.

But the rise of the liberals is less about their policies and more about a turn away from the NDP

That's a win in my book...to a degree. Liberals are lesser of two evils. I'll save a couple hundred bucks in tax under the liberals so it doesn't change my life. But I will laugh heartily of Harper wins.

I might vote this week. And it will most likely be Cons.

You make no sense but since it's all kinda of a joke to you ethier way why even vote?