"There is nothing Marve can show in practice this week"

bb1

But O’Shea continues to insist Marve is hurt — the club has kept the origin and nature of Marve’s injury murky, even while continuing to dress him for games — and O’Shea says there is nothing Marve could show in practice this week to earn the starting job ahead of Brohm if Willy cannot go.

"Robert Marve hasn’t been able to take reps for the last two weeks," said O’Shea.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Willy-is-either-made-of-metal-or-hes-tougher-than-a-2-steak-318743551.html

In this case, it's Wiececk's verbage and not a quote from O'Shea himself.
Did you miss where he says Oshea said this?Man do you need to be there to believe? Are the reporters twisting and lying now to make Oshea look bad?

It's Wiecek's interpretation/summation of what O'Shea actually said, which was that Marve hasn't been able to take reps for 2 weeks.

O'Shea said this on the coach's show last night too.

Thanks.

Yes that is one to read into his comment however I would take Marve with 0 reps the past 2 week vs Brohm and all the reps... I would even try D. Davis over Brohm if he isn't moving the team.

But O’Shea continues to insist Marve is hurt — the club has kept the origin and nature of Marve’s injury murky, even while continuing to dress him for games — and O’Shea says there is nothing Marve could show in practice this week to earn the starting job ahead of Brohm if Willy cannot go.

"Robert Marve hasn’t been able to take reps for the last two weeks," said O’Shea.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Willy-is-either-made-of-metal-or-hes-tougher-than-a-2-steak-318743551.html

In this case, it's Wiececk's verbage and not a quote from O'Shea himself.
Did you miss where he says Oshea said this?Man do you need to be there to believe? Are the reporters twisting and lying now to make Oshea look bad?

The direct quote from O'Shea is the one that is IN QUOTES.  I.E. "Robert Marve hasn’t been able to take reps for the last two weeks,".  The statement "and O’Shea says there is nothing Marve could show in practice this week to earn the starting job ahead of Brohm if Willy cannot go", is not a quote from O'Shea, otherwise he would have put it in quotes.  The two sentences don't even make sense when put together.  If Marve is hurt and he "hasn't been able to take reps for the last 2 weeks", then of course he won't be able to do anything in practice to win the starting job.  Sounds more like Wiececk is trying to get people riled up by wording it a certain way.

I guess I will have to quote Sinatra on this.People believe what they want to believe, no where is that more obvious than in this thread. Hopefully Willy plays and we don't have to find out whether MOS would stick with Brohm the whole game no matter what.

I guess I will have to quote Sinatra on this.People believe what they want to believe, no where is that more obvious than in this thread. Hopefully Willy plays and we don't have to find out whether MOS would stick with Brohm the whole game no matter what.

Believe what they want to believe?  I guess I choose to believe in reading comprehension.

Believe what they want to believe? I guess I choose to believe in reading comprehension.

yea i tend to believe whats put in front of my face as opposed to looking for hidden meaning, veiled conspiracies and inuendo that simply is conjecture and not there.

So basically not a direct quote and essentially all he's really saying is that Marve isn't healthy enough right now to get enough work in on a short week for him to start.

Much ado about nothing.

Exactly.. How people can misconstrue that line to imply marve is pigeon holed and destined to rot is laughable..
What's laughable is you always taking a personal affront to any critical comment about the state of the Blue Bombers.The reporter stated it as a direct quote so that's how it is. You don't agree fine leave it at that.

no.. i dont but thanks for coming out. i choose to believe my teams coach. i choose to believe the media when they tweet marves limping..

You choose to look for things that are imaginary.. ill stick to reality..

I don't get what everyone is freaking out about.  Do people think that Marve isn't actually injured?  And that's not the real reason he didn't play?  Come on.  Marve himself says this was the case, that he only dressed in an "emergency" role.  As bad as Brohm was, that's not what they mean by emergency... Marve was only there in case Willy and Brohm both got injured.  Now he is back to 100% so we'll see what happens.  The thought that O'Shea and Bellefeuille have some kind of grudge against Marve is just absurd.

http://bluebombers.com/video/index/id/113531

I don't get what everyone is freaking out about. Do people think that Marve isn't actually injured? And that's not the real reason he didn't play? Come on. Marve himself says this was the case, that he only dressed in an "emergency" role. As bad as Brohm was, that's not what they mean by emergency... Marve was only there in case Willy and Brohm both got injured. Now he is back to 100% so we'll see what happens. The thought that O'Shea and Bellefeuille have some kind of grudge against Marve is just absurd.

http://bluebombers.com/video/index/id/113531

no no.. its all a conspiracy! Marve is the anti-christ and oshea and walters are trying to stop armageddon by limiting his growth. obvs.

Its that the coaching staff appears to have both anointed and sustained Brohm as the #2...despite him accomplishing next to nothing, as a Bomber......that has some of our teeth on edge. Not some pseudo conspiracy....

Yep that is what it looks like ,and sounds like but hopefully we don't find out.

Its that the coaching staff appears to have both anointed and sustained Brohm as the #2...despite him accomplishing next to nothing, as a Bomber......that has some of our teeth on edge.   Not some pseudo conspiracy....

Maybe the rational posters to a degree yes.. But there is ample reasons listed as to why this is..

I'll reinerate again tho..

-marve hurt

-brohm is more experienced

-brohm is more of a pocket passer

These are the 3 that stand out to me as why brohm is ahead of marve at this point..

Its that the coaching staff appears to have both anointed and sustained Brohm as the #2...despite him accomplishing next to nothing, as a Bomber......that has some of our teeth on edge.   Not some pseudo conspiracy....

Maybe the rational posters to a degree yes.. But there is ample reasons listed as to why this is..

-marve hurt

These are the 3 that stand out to me as why brohm is ahead of marve at this point..

- when Marve was not hurt....Marve was outperforming Brohm. 

- Brohm has way more experience, as a pro (7yrs)....which is why he should be held to a higher standard, at this particular point.

- more of a pocket passer - does not mean much if the passes fall incomplete or into the hands of the opposition.

No agenda here.....if Brohm had to go in on Thurs......I would be rooting for him to do well, and help our team win.  After all, he wears the Blue and Gold.  It's only that he has been singularly unimpressive, so far - and the idea of further grooming this guy, given age/experience....does not make a lot of sense.  As far as Marve needing a bit more grooming/experience...and avoiding Tee Martin Syndrome or something....I would not totally disagree....

People (in general) seem to think that if you are boosting one guy..... by extension...you are automatically denigrating the other..or vice versa...

Things are generally more complicated than that.....

My point is that Marve hasn't really had a chance to go in.  Brohm has played parts of two games this season.  Marve was hurt for one of them.  Maybe you could make an argument that Marve should have gone in eventually against Hamilton but is it that unreasonable that a coach would stick with his backup QB for one game?  I think if Brohm starts this week and looks horrible, then it's time to put in Marve.  And I bet that's what we'll see unfortunately.

Most people here probably don't know who those guys were. They were a favourite of Ed Sullivan performing on his show numerous times. I do remember reading that Wayne & Shuster had opportunities to go to the States & have their own show with one of the 3 major US networks at the time but chose to stay in Canada. They'd have been a lot wealthier & famous had they done that but didn't want to. Can you imagine writing that story? It would have been hillarious being in that room with everyone getting it done. 

Brohm was anointed the #2.  At least in the same sense that Willy was anointed the #1 and Hajrullahu was anointed the kicker.  Also known as making a depth chart.

As for the sustained part, you have one guy who has gone in cold mid-game on two occasions with only backup reps leading in and another guy who for reasons that are unclear is injured.  In that instance I'm not shuffling nameplates around either.

If Brohm has an entire week working with the ones and Marve is healthy and Brohm defiles the bed for 60 minutes and Marve spends the entire time on the sidelines doing pistol squats on his 100% healthy knees, then my teeth would be on edge.

Saturday?  We lost an ugly football game in an unpleasant manner.  But since I've never seen any loss deemed acceptable or pleasant by any message board...people having their teeth on edge after a loss seems to be a pretty common theme around these parts.  Some don't even change their dentures with a win.

-marve hurt

Once again, I'm going to ask the question, when?  When has Marve outperformed Brohm?  In practice?  In preseason?  It's comments like this that make me want to lose it on people.  Practice and preseason mean almost nothing.

Again, I'm not saying Brohm doesn't suck, or that I don't want Marve to play.  I want Marve to play, and I hope he succeeds.  But we haven't seen anything from him to say he is better then Brohm yet.

The rest of your comments I agree with.

-marve hurt

I wouldn't include Brohm as a pocket passer as a reason, I truly don't think they care about that.  But it is tangentially related in that Brohm tries to execute the play calls whereas Marve fairly quickly gives up on the play calls, which is something they care about.

So we have a guy who is attempting to execute the plays as called with zero success and a guy who is largely ignoring the plays as called and instead running a one-man wildcat offence to greater success due to pure athleticism.  The Tebow effect?

OShea was a player much longer than he's been a coach.  He will treat all his players "fairly" because that's how he'd want to be treated.  Part of being treated fairly is giving players an opportunity.  His definition of opportunity is very different than Tim Burke's and Cory Chamblin's, who think 3 plays and then crapping on them to reporters is the way to go.  Brohm started the year as the vet backup and Marve as the young project.  That's not a conspiracy; part of putting Marve in the 3-spot is to protect him and giving him time to grow out of the spotlight rather than exposing all his warts.  But winning also matters.  If Brohm gets his "fair" shot (my guess is at this point in the season fair to OShea means getting to work with the starting receivers for an entire week of practise) and does not show some moderate level of improvement, then the future becomes now and those names flip on the depth chart.

But none of that happens as long as Willy is healthy enough to play.  So frankly, I'm very happy if none of that happens.

-marve hurt

Once again, I'm going to ask the question, when?  When has Marve outperformed Brohm?  In practice?  In preseason?  It's comments like this that make me want to lose it on people.  Practice and preseason mean almost nothing.

Again, I'm not saying Brohm doesn't suck, or that I don't want Marve to play.  I want Marve to play, and I hope he succeeds.  But we haven't seen anything from him to say he is better then Brohm yet.

Last season?

I think a lot of folks are forgetting that Marve hasn't getting many(any?) reps in the last 2 weeks.  We had 1 day of practice.  That's not enough for Marve to leapfrog Brohm or to give Marve a good chance at being successful. That's probably what O'Shea meant by there's nothing Marve could do to get the start this week.

-marve hurt

Last season?

BROHM, B 2014 WPG 39 70 55.7 454 54 0 0 1 1.43

MARVE, R 2014 WPG 11 22 50 140 42 1 4.6 0   85.4

So you're telling me that you can tell by these stats, that Marve outperformed Brohm last season?  Really?  Looks pretty similar to me, other then Marve running a lot more then Brohm.  With this little amount of playing time behind Marve, we can't really judge if he's better then Brohm.  Again, I hope he is if he ever gets to play because I'm tired of watching Brohm.  But you have no proof yet.  Every time I hear people say "WE NEED TO START MARVE, HE'S BETTER THEN BROHM", all I keep hear is the past few years bouncing back..."we need to play Brink, he's better then Buck", "we need to play Elliott, he's better then Brink", "we need to play Goltz, he's better then Buck/Elliott", etc...  And when they got to play what did we hear from the same people who were screaming and yelling to have them play?  "Get rid of Brink/Elliott/Goltz...he sucks!".

-marve hurt

Last season?

BROHM, B 2014 WPG 39 70 55.7 454 54 0 0 1 1.43

MARVE, R 2014 WPG 11 22 50 140 42 1 4.6 0   85.4

So you're telling me that you can tell by these stats, that Marve outperformed Brohm last season?  Really?  Looks pretty similar to me, other then Marve running a lot more then Brohm.  With this little amount of playing time behind Marve, we can't really judge if he's better then Brohm.  Again, I hope he is if he ever gets to play because I'm tired of watching Brohm.  But you have no proof yet.  Every time I hear people say "WE NEED TO START MARVE, HE'S BETTER THEN BROHM", all I keep hear is the past few years bouncing back..."we need to play Brink, he's better then Buck", "we need to play Elliott, he's better then Brink", "we need to play Goltz, he's better then Buck/Elliott", etc...  And when they got to play what did we hear from the same people who were screaming and yelling to have them play?  "Get rid of Brink/Elliott/Goltz...he sucks!".

And that's why we need to bring back Casey Bramlet!