"There is nothing Marve can show in practice this week"

bb1

But O’Shea continues to insist Marve is hurt — the club has kept the origin and nature of Marve’s injury murky, even while continuing to dress him for games — and O’Shea says there is nothing Marve could show in practice this week to earn the starting job ahead of Brohm if Willy cannot go.

"Robert Marve hasn’t been able to take reps for the last two weeks," said O’Shea.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Willy-is-either-made-of-metal-or-hes-tougher-than-a-2-steak-318743551.html

what do you think this is? Training camp? Brohm is #2 on the depth chart and Marve is #3, that won't change until Brohm has enough rope to hang himself in game time. 

Brohm's yet to throw a TD, has thrown several INT's, hasn't moved the offence, and the whole team goes flat when he comes in.  How much more rope do you think he needs to hang himself?

what do you think this is? Training camp? Brohm is #2 on the depth chart and Marve is #3, that won't change until Brohm has enough rope to hang himself in game time. 

Brohm's yet to throw a TD, has thrown several INT's, hasn't moved the offence, and the whole team goes flat when he comes in.  How much more rope do you think he needs to hang himself?

Not much. If he gets the starters reps all week and craps the bed in a game he starts I expect them to take a long hard look at the situation. 

I think if Brohm starts and craps the bed, then they will change their thought process. It's one thing to come in off the bench, it's another to start the game and suck. We will see what happens, Hopefully Willy can play but a small part of me hopes Brohm plays and craps the bed. 

But O’Shea continues to insist Marve is hurt — the club has kept the origin and nature of Marve’s injury murky, even while continuing to dress him for games — and O’Shea says there is nothing Marve could show in practice this week to earn the starting job ahead of Brohm if Willy cannot go.

"Robert Marve hasn’t been able to take reps for the last two weeks," said O’Shea.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Willy-is-either-made-of-metal-or-hes-tougher-than-a-2-steak-318743551.html

In this case, it's Wiececk's verbage and not a quote from O'Shea himself.

So Marve hasn't taken any reps in 2 weeks and the game is this Thursday meaning what? 2 practices at most? maybe 1 and a walk through tomorrow? Makes sense to me. 

I would like to see what Marve can do but.. if he hasn't taken reps for 2 weeks and it's a short week, man, people are just wanting him to fail it seems. 

What would happen if Marve started and sucked? 

So Marve hasn't taken any reps in 2 weeks and the game is this Thursday meaning what? 2 practices at most? maybe 1 and a walk through tomorrow? Makes sense to me. 

I would like to see what Marve can do but.. if he hasn't taken reps for 2 weeks and it's a short week, man, people are just wanting him to fail it seems. 

What would happen if Marve started and sucked? 

Chants of "Free Davis!" would spontaneously erupt???

I honestly don't know what they see in Brohm, i really don't... he throws balls in to double coverage always, can they not see that on the film? He one hops passes to guys? can they not see that on the film? He sucks the life out of the team when he comes in to the game, I just honestly don't really get what they see in him, yeah i get that he "knows the system" but if skipping passes and throwing picks and throwing in to double coverage is knowing the system, maybe it's not only time for Brohm to go away, maybe it's time for a new system. 

It's gonna get ugly thursday at IGF if brohm starts and struggles. It's gonna get real ugly and honestly, instead of risking a worse injury to Willy, he should sit this week, don't risk it, it's just one game... let him sit, rest up... if this was a long week i'd probably say let him play but it's a short one, a real short one, 1 practice b4 the game... it's not enough and man could you imagine if Willy plays and is injured even worse? The season is done then pretty much.

If i were them, START BRohm and see what happens... hopefully it gets so bad that they are forced to put in Marve,  although honestly, I bet brohm would have to throw 5 or 6 picks b4 that happens. 

I hope Brohm does well but.. i know better than that really... he's gonna suck if he starts and suck real bad too. The vultures and boo birds will be out and for the first time in a long long time, I'll actually agree with the boo birds, I never really think it's cool to boo your team but... if brohm starts and struggles and isn't pulled, yup... boo away people, boo like you've never boo'd b4. 

Brohm has been at the helm for about 140 minutes of regular season play already, that's more than the equivalent of two full games. In that time, he's thrown 5 interceptions, 0 TDs, and has lost a fumble, with an abysmal passer rating of 53.8. Meanwhile, Marve has not committed a single turnover in 53 minutes of regular season play, and has shown to be capable of moving the ball effectively.

The job of a backup is to be able to step up in relief of an injured or underperforming  QB, so what's the use in having a QB who can't do his job?? Might as well play Davis if Marve is injured. Brohm has not once earned the primary backup position, going all the way back to last year's training camp when he was pretty much neck-and-neck with Max Hall. I have a difficult time thinking about his position on this team as anything but a classic case of cronyism.

Care to explain how it's cronyism exactly? using facts instead of made up things? 

for what it's worth

Robert marve now getting reps for bombers so he looks healthy enough to play if necessary

Man our media....

Robert Marve is hobbling a bit but is throwing darts in his limited reps. #Bombers

Guess he is hurt a bit... there goes those conspiracy theories.

One question that's been on my mind recently tho... In the off-season, did we fire the wrong coordinator? 

Not saying that ETCH shouldn't have been fired but... should MB have been fired too? 

YES!!!

As soon as I hear or read any of our current coaches say "I may of misjudged our current talent", then I know he knows his job is in jeopardy.