Is Irvin Riding Shotgun for O'Shea?

LeBird

Bob sure seem to be looking after O'Shea tonight. Keeps saying they have a lots of call to answer to proceed and put a string of 9 commercials in a row. Excuse me but if there are a lot of calls how can you take them when you have 6 minutes of commercials. 

you want less commercials? Stop listening to CJOB. No business is going to turn down money and listeners don't pay radio stations money. That comes from the advertisers.

It's a losing business strategy tho. More commercial = fewer listeners = can't charge advertisers as much. CJOB's rating have been declining the past few years. The station is getting stale.

I did listen to the last question - once again a caller asked why the hell are you still playing Brohm and why don't you give Marve a chance - answer was that Marve needs to learn to play "in the system". The system sucks MOS.

Yep he acknowledged that Marve moves the ball, but Brohm plays within the system. So the coaching staff prefers someone who obeys orders over winning.

I did listen to the last question - once again a caller asked why the hell are you still playing Brohm and why don't you give Marve a chance - answer was that Marve needs to learn to play "in the system". The system sucks MOS.

Yep he acknowledged that Marve moves the ball, but Brohm plays within the system. So the coaching staff prefers someone who obeys orders over winning.

That has to be the worst answer except "There will be consequences" X8.

That has to be the worst answer except "There will be consequences" X8.
Based on O'Sheas criteria, I could be the Bombers backup QB. I need no talent, as long as I "play within the system" I'm gold! I'll throw a tonn of pick 6's and throw the ball in the dirt, and the coaching staff will love me!

Officially 30 minutes of a 1 hour call in show were commercials Time for 13 callers.

Do those 30 minutes of commercials include the two 5 minute news breaks? Or is it 30 + 10 leaving 20 minutes for callers?

You used to be able to download it as a pod cast and the run time was like 23 minutes

I'd like to see them adapt 'the system' to suit the talent they've got on the roster.

Trying to force a square peg into a round hole is a losing strategy.

But if you hit the peg long enough it will become round however if that peg is a QB he will tend to throw a lot of bouncers as required.

I'd like to see them adapt 'the system' to suit the talent they've got on the roster.

Trying to force a square peg into a round hole is a losing strategy.

My thoughts exactly. Bellefeuille isn't good at adjusting.

Wonder if we could send him to the Adjustment Bureau. They seem to have pretty good success.

Bob can't ask tough questions, cause they are the team radio  broadcaster. The team wouldn't be too happy with the coach getting grilled by their own broadcaster.

Therefore, not really much to be learned from the coach's show. Mike likes Brohm. did anybody expect him to say anything else?

and when Burke or Chamblis criticizes a player, they get dumped on by the same fans.  :lol:

Anyway, its Not just the Bombers.   It's standard in sports media of all kinds.

If you want some blunt opinion, tune in to

Troy Westwood 1290 after the games.

He's definitely not afraid to say what he thinks. and he's pretty funny.

According to that caller he said "All Marve does is move the ball" and O'Shea agreed.  Why the hell isn't that the main criterion?  ARGHHHHHHHHH

I haven't listen to the coaches show live for over a year... I timed it once and over 1/2 is commercials and "news" ... there is about 20 minutes of football content and

I agree Bob Irving is tossing softballs up for O'Shea...

The only way to listen is http://www.cjob.com/audio-on-demand/

Then you can skip to the "I have to watch the Film" and "Hurl is a doing his job" and "Brohm needed the work" and so on...