Drew Willy Watch 2.0

Don't normally post this type of stuff .. but honestly .. if I have to sit through another Brohm **** show I am going to be less than impressed with O'Shea and the coaching staff.

Brohm has been an absolute disaster in relief work, that is, combined with the dumbed-down play calling. I used to trust that Brohm would be better starting, because of more rep time, but that now has gone the way of the dodo. He simply should be better.

Marve should come in as relief. If only for a change of pace. But the thing is, is he ready for backup or just relief?

Which brings up our whole package of backup QBs. Certainly Marve should be in position to overtake Brohm for #2 by now. If he isn't, then something is wrong...the QBs...the assessment of the QBs, or the whole damned scenario.

I just find it hard to believe somebody, somewhere in the Org. (QB Coach, MB, MOS, Danny MaC) can't do something about this tenuous QB situation.

For some reason, after last season they thought they were set at QB and evenly aggressively pursued Brohm to resign which has proven to be a colossal mistake.  So far Danny Mac is earning a D minus for his QB recruitment program. 

If they decide Tyler can't cut it and Daniels can't go, do you play 4 NIs on the OL and take one off somewhere else?

Darrin Bauming ‏@DarrinBauming  7h7 hours ago
RT Devin Tyler is out this week. O'Shea assured regular starter Jace Daniels (lower-body) will be good to go Thursday night. #Bombers

If they decide Tyler can't cut it and Daniels can't go, do you play 4 NIs on the OL and take one off somewhere else?

RT Devin Tyler is out this week. O'Shea assured regular starter Jace Daniels (lower-body) will be good to go Thursday night. #Bombers

Good..... Tyler was gawdawful

Devin Tyler should be out of a job. If Daniels gets hurt again we should be playing Neufeld at RT.

The disturbing fact is the Blue Bombers wont go anywhere without Willy. Brohm is god awful and for some reason the coaching staff doesn't see it. His release is slow, his footwork is sloppy and slow, his arm is mediocre at best, and he locks onto his target. Willy certainly isn't an elite quarterback in this league yet. He tends to not always progress through his targets, and gets happy feet in the pocket but he gives us by far the best chance to win game in and game out. I think part of the problem on offense is that although our offensive line is better then it was last year, its very much still a work in progress. Part of the problem is also our predictable and vanilla play calling. I feel like the Edmonton coaches used their play calling in a way that utilized their players strengths. Anyways sadly we need Willy if we're going to be competitive in any football game but there's certainly underlining issues with this club.

That second and 3 play, where Edmonton stacked the box, and Willy handed off to Cotton for a two yard loss, just had me screaming at the TV.  Everyone knew a hand-off was coming, and yet MB just made Willy do it anyway.  Same with the hand-off to Marshall on the 3 yard line.  Brohm should have had AT&T on his helmet, he was telegraphing that play so much.

I do hate the way we run the ball. Where's the sweeps? Counters? Off tackle runs. Seems like shot gun formation run up the middle every time. No imagination. No variation. That falls on the coaching staff.

Our left tackle was embarrassing and our centre was constantly shoved backwards without any resistance..

But yup, we shoulda been running off tackle for losses. Seems wise.

Darrin Bauming ‏@DarrinBauming 7h7 hours ago

Devin Tyler should be out of a job. If Daniels gets hurt again we should be playing Neufeld at RT.
Good call.

The disturbing fact is the Blue Bombers wont go anywhere without Willy. Brohm is god awful and for some reason the coaching staff doesn't see it. His release is slow, his footwork is sloppy and slow, his arm is mediocre at best, and he locks onto his target. Willy certainly isn't an elite quarterback in this league yet. He tends to not always progress through his targets, and gets happy feet in the pocket but he gives us by far the best chance to win game in and game out. I think part of the problem on offense is that although our offensive line is better then it was last year, its very much still a work in progress. Part of the problem is also our predictable and vanilla play calling. I feel like the Edmonton coaches used their play calling in a way that utilized their players strengths. Anyways sadly we need Willy if we're going to be competitive in any football game but there's certainly underlining issues with this club.

That second and 3 play, where Edmonton stacked the box, and Willy handed off to Cotton for a two yard loss, just had me screaming at the TV.  Everyone knew a hand-off was coming, and yet MB just made Willy do it anyway.  Same with the hand-off to Marshall on the 3 yard line.  Brohm should have had AT&T on his helmet, he was telegraphing that play so much.

I do hate the way we run the ball. Where's the sweeps? Counters? Off tackle runs. Seems like shot gun formation run up the middle every time. No imagination. No variation. That falls on the coaching staff.

Our left tackle was embarrassing and our centre was constantly shoved backwards without any resistance..

You thought Bryant was embarrassing. Not what I was watching. Our OL had an overall poor game, but they are infinitely better than last year's line. I expected better run blocking than what we are getting though.

You thought Bryant was embarrassing. Not what I was watching. Our OL had an overall poor game, but they are infinitely better than last year's line. I expected better run blocking than what we are getting though.

I think *hope* he meant RT... Devin Tyler... then I would agree...