It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...

IC Khari

I had to venture over to the other board to find him and bring him back...the sacrifices we make around here... :)

Isn't the other board for all intents 100% dead now/?

There are 3 boards....incl The Extra Point (Bombers Official board via BlueBombers.com)

Guy was still rambling on about Lyle Bauer and his "thugs", the other day......I know a lot of it is a act, but certain parts appear pathological in nature...

To  think I used to defend him... 

Welcome back to the board ISO.

Hey, it's iso! Welcome back!

Yeah, welcome back!

Show isn't bad and has potential.  It's kind of like a football version of Entourage

Yeah the Entourage vibe comes from having Mark Wahlberg as the producer. Its very like the Entourage as well in that they have guest stars from the NFL (current and past players and coaches) playing versions of themselves, much like Entourage has a lot of movie stars playing themselves, and as Entourage was supposed to be a glimpse of sorts into how Hollywood works this show is supposed to be a glimpse into how the NFL operates, including contract negotiations etc. I like it, it's pretty funny, and the Rock is pretty good in his role as a newly retired NFL player trying to become a financial manager while dealing with his past concussion history and lingering pain/painkiller addiction, and also trying to retain a shred of integrity. I highly recommend it to football fans. The slam on Saskatchewan was the first CFL reference I've seen so far, but I expect a few more. What is funny is that the Rock actually played for Calgary in 1995.

Show isn't bad and has potential.  It's kind of like a football version of Entourage

Yeah the Entourage vibe comes from having Mark Wahlberg as the producer. Its very like the Entourage as well in that they have guest stars from the NFL (current and past players and coaches) playing versions of themselves, much like Entourage has a lot of movie stars playing themselves, and as Entourage was supposed to be a glimpse of sorts into how Hollywood works this show is supposed to be a glimpse into how the NFL operates, including contract negotiations etc. I like it, it's pretty funny, and the Rock is pretty good in his role as a newly retired NFL player trying to become a financial manager while dealing with his past concussion history and lingering pain/painkiller addiction, and also trying to retain a shred of integrity. I highly recommend it to football fans. The slam on Saskatchewan was the first CFL reference I've seen so far, but I expect a few more. What is funny is that the Rock actually played for Calgary in 1995.

He attended training camp. He wasn't good enough to make the team.

He attended training camp. He wasn't good enough to make the team.

He played for two months in 1995 and then was cut from Calgary's P/R, according to what I have found.  His dad is Canadian, wrestler Rocky Johnson, and the Rock has dual Canadian/US citizenship.  I did not know that.  Under current CFL rules, if he played in the CFL, the Rock would be considered a National player. 

The Rock in 1995 with Calgary:

02f187f3580e8f7f24c605ff1bfe5a30_crop_ex

Well you apparently know a lot more than I do. :wacko:

I was sure I heard he didn't make it out of camp, but I heard about it a while ago, so..

Westwood and Libel were talking about this a few months back. Apparently he left the Stamps because his girlfriend at the time didn't want him playing football in Canada. This came I believe from Westwood who would have been playing around the time this happened so idk. Maybe a google search is in order :)

And after a quick search it says a back injury ended his career before seeing a game. So who knows. Maybe the GF reason is true and wanted to leave.

From a 2012 blog entry by Mike Beamish of the Vancouver Sun:

As coach of the Calgary Stampeders in 1995, Buono, now the Lions GM, did indeed cut the former Miami Hurricanes defensive tackle two months into the CFL season, in an apparently mutually agreeable parting of the ways.

Buono didn’t think Johnson had much of a future in the CFL, an opinion that freed him to find his true destiny as the colourful pro wrestler/action movie actor known as The Rock.

“He was okay as a football player,” Buono concedes. “His agent phoned me from Miami because he had a wrestling opportunity [because of Johnson’s wrestling heritage] and asked me to do him a favour by cutting him. I knew he was from a wrestling family. Let’s put it this way: I didn’t have any problem letting him go.”

I put this is one thread already, but it is appropriate for this one as well...

More important question, is the show any good?

First episode I caught was.. Ok. HBO's newest killer show IMO is the brink.

Other than 2012 when the Riders truly did suck, that fanbase needs a few years of eating crow & being humble. Then we'll see how great they are supporting their team. We'd see that they're no better than anyone else.

I think you mean 2011. That was our bad year (5-13).

Time flies. :)

Does it ever! Life feels like it's in fast forward these days :).

Nice edit on your other post BTW, haha :lol:.

First episode I caught was.. Ok. HBO's newest killer show IMO is the brink.

I don't know about the Brink. I've been watching it but I'm not overly sold on it.

I like how they really don't pull any punches and it's so serious yet tongue in cheek. The actors they have brought in (yes including jack black) all seem to really enjoy their roles and play em very well..