It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...

IC Khari

Lapo would be reunited with some of his former players like Getzlaff, Bagg, Durant & Dressler. He'd have more talent to work with than he did in Winnipeg so maybe he'd do okay. 

Can't really agree with that. The talent level in Saskatchewan is REALLY low right now.

Lapo would be reunited with some of his former players like Getzlaff, Bagg, Durant & Dressler. He'd have more talent to work with than he did in Winnipeg so maybe he'd do okay. 

Can't really agree with that. The talent level in Saskatchewan is REALLY low right now.

On the defensive side of the football I agree but they are playing well offensively. They're moving the ball & scoring but they can't stop other teams. I'm enjoying seeing guys like Chick & Breakenridge really suck this year. :)

1. LaPo sounds good on TSN because he has a ton of time to prepare and pick out one thing to talk about.

2. Taj Smith is done for the year because others have surpassed him? Isn't that called cut or are the Riders faking an injury?

Just means he won't ever start a game. They probably haven't decided what they're actually doing.

If I wanted to hire a new head coach right now... realistically I have to think Lapo is the only option.  No one is going to let you steal their coordinators halfway through a season.  Maybe you could convince Benevides, I suppose, but not sure he would be interested considering he stated he wanted the year off from football.

That said, I hate mid-season coaching changes.  I would give Chamblin the year to figure it out.

If I'm Lapo is keep the TSN gig. He could do that for several years. Coaching the Riders, he'll be fired in a couple years and no guarantee the TSN gig will still be there for him when that happens. He makes good coin working 2-3 days a week, for half a year with TSN.

I'm not arguing with you personally because I keep reading this same sentiment from many different sites, honest question-how much does he make at TSN?

Rod Petersen guaranteeing the Riders will win against Austin's Ti-cats this week and against the Esks the next week. :D

Any time I think about cutting the Rider fans some slack Pedersen reminds me why I shouldn't.

All that green Kool-Aid has made him quite possibly the biggest DB on the Rider payroll ;)

Lapo was also the biggest ***** of a coach I've ever seen. The man played not to lose rather than playing to win. Lots of close games sure but they never really took the chances needed to win.

It's his high profile job on TSN that makes people think he's a good HC, when he really isn't.

And it was his clueless GM and lack of a back-up QB that makes people think he's an awful HC, when he really isn't. Good players make good coaches.

In his first year with the team Lapo had Pierce and Jyles as his #1 and #2 qbs. Both experienced CFL players and well suited to their respective roles. The backup qb issue was more when Tim Burke was in charge and perhaps if he hadn't taken an irrational dislike to Joey Elliott the problems wouldn't have been so bad.
Yes Joey Elliott would have saved the team. That's why he is the franchise qb for what team again?

yes. i was gonna say this but you nailed it.. guy wasnt worth his ego or attitude..

Whats the sudden man-love for Lapo as an HC ? He had one shot at it and looked way in over his head. What's changed ?

Not it love with LaPo, but always thought he took a lot more heat than deserved for the Bombers' failures. He inherited an absolute mess from Mike Kelly, who ran both Doug Berry and Brendan Taman out of town and then dismantled the team and its reputation with his antics. Has a tough first year with a record number of close losses, and has the wherewithal to recognize his biggest failing as a coach, which is self-admitted micromanagement. Improves in that area next year, and really thanks to the fact that Buck Pierce actually stayed healthy gets to the Grey Cup. Then is forced to start 4 in a row on the road and loses his QB again, and is starting to claw back at 2-6 when he gets blind-sided by Mack. Everyone who blamed LaPo rejoices for about a week until the next game, when 52-0 in Saskatchewan highlights that the problem wasn't the coach, it was his boss and how the team was (so very poorly) built. But too many on the boards had invested their credibility in praising mighty Joe in the wake of Mike Kelly's poor showing, so they bought into the "LaPo as incompetent" theory and began repeating it ad nauseum to deflect from their misguided assessment of Joe Mack's uselessness.

I liked Lapo but man was he a chicken-****. I still remember the Lions game that got him fired. I was sitting a few rows behind the Bomber bench. Elliott kept coming off the field and slamming his helmet down because he was frustrated at the play calling as Lapo kept calling draw plays on second down in the red zone to ensure that we got a field goal, instead of going for the TD. And we lost by one point. No killer instinct.