CFL Preseason B Other Games BC vs Cal / Mtl vs Ott / Ssk vs Edm

Riders in trouble if injury to any oline. No depth there at all.

Gord Hinse is a stud OL according to Rider fans. Non issue.

Watched a bit of that game last night... with Hinse at LG and some guy (Phillips I think?) at LT that line was absolutely brutal... if Clark can fill in at either guard spot they'll be OK for 1 injury, otherwise they're SOL...

That Ft Mac facility looked impressive. Not sure what they'll use it for.

Lots of flags, no way am I blaming the refs for that as other preseason games haven't had near the flags as the esks/riders.

I think they were looking to bring in a soccer team

Hard to evaluate Sunseri based on the reps he got last night.  Couldn't even get his eyes downfield before the Eskimos were on top of him.

If the Riders cut him, I'd be interested in having him over whichever one of Marve or Portis is ranked lower by our coaches.

Not me thanks

Yeah me either, especially not Marve, Sunseri's arm is much weaker, and even when he has had time, his long range accuracy has been terrible.  Plus I tend to think he gets the deer in the headlights syndrome based on what I seen in his games.  I also like the way Marve has been developing and think his ceiling is way higher.

As to Goltz, I'm not calling for him back, but I'm not all that surprised that he seems to be doing better in Edmonton.  Playing for incompetent coaches can make you look way worse than you are and may not always reflect the best of your abilities.  Simpson I believe had some nagging injuries in 2013, plus having that bad O-line in front of him didn't help either.  But I always thought he was decent.

As to the other game, I know many people disagree on this point, but I think the Redblacks really do have a coaching problem.  I know it's not the only thing, I think Hank's age is just too far up there and he just isn't seeing the field like he used to, and he won't be playing much longer either, but even if it is only preseason, I just don't feel any different vibes coming out of there or anything that says that team is going to be improved.  I could be wrong, but if I was a Redblack fan, I don't like what I'm seeing period going on over there right now and it reflects poorly on the coaches.

And for those who put this squarely on Marcel D, I'd hate working for or with that guy too, he's certainly proven he's an idiot before, but I'm looking at the here and now and blame Campbell and his staff because the referendum was to go out and get more or better talent onto that roster and especially fix those WR problems.  Desjardins did that and even Schultz said the Redblacks have more talent on that team this year, so someone in the front office did their job.  But when results pile up on that field in trainwreck fashion like they have been even with upgrades, there's a coaching problem.  I don't see anything playing out much differently than last year for them and Rick Campbell's rope is going to run out I'm willing to bet.

Hard to evaluate Sunseri based on the reps he got last night.  Couldn't even get his eyes downfield before the Eskimos were on top of him.

If the Riders cut him, I'd be interested in having him over whichever one of Marve or Portis is ranked lower by our coaches.

The possibility of Stunseri being a better player than a guy like Marve is laughable.

I'm guessing that you must have missed watching him last season, because he got more than a few reps there.  Suffice to say that he impressed them so much that they immediately went out and hired Glenn.  No thanks

I'm guessing that you must have missed watching him last season, because he got more than a few reps there.  Suffice to say that he impressed them so much that they immediately went out and hired Glenn.  No thanks

What I saw last year is why I'd be interested.  Average CFL QB in his second season last year, some good (good enough arm, good mobility, good command of what's going on around him on the field), some bad (tendency to lock on first read and trouble moving through reads), but a solid base to build from with a guy who is relatively young and can already give you a chance to win if he's needed.

At some point Chamblin decided he wasn't the guy and went with Joseph, gifting the Eskimos a playoff win, but hey he did the same thing with our MLB.

Hard to evaluate Sunseri based on the reps he got last night. Couldn't even get his eyes downfield before the Eskimos were on top of him.

Pass.

LOL on Sunseri.  Still remember sitting around the pool at the Marriot in Maui last year while 20 Rider fans cranked up the game on the internet, chasing away all of the people from the pool, and sat around arguing about how fast Sunseri was going to break Calvillo's records, and how they would prefer him starting over even Ricky Ray...good times...good times...

LOL on Sunseri.  Still remember sitting around the pool at the Marriot in Maui last year while 20 Rider fans cranked up the game on the internet, chasing away all of the people from the pool, and sat around arguing about how fast Sunseri was going to break Calvillo's records, and how they would prefer him starting over even Ricky Ray...good times...good times...

You should have stumbled over and puked your Maui mai tai all over their transmission device.  Opportunity lost.

LOL on Sunseri. Still remember sitting around the pool at the Marriot in Maui last year while 20 Rider fans cranked up the game on the internet, chasing away all of the people from the pool, and sat around arguing about how fast Sunseri was going to break Calvillo's records, and how they would prefer him starting over even Ricky Ray...good times...good times...

You should have stumbled over and puked your Maui mai tai all over their transmission device. Opportunity lost.
Or better yet, you should have sharted in the pool they were hanging out in.

LOL on Sunseri. Still remember sitting around the pool at the Marriot in Maui last year while 20 Rider fans cranked up the game on the internet, chasing away all of the people from the pool, and sat around arguing about how fast Sunseri was going to break Calvillo's records, and how they would prefer him starting over even Ricky Ray...good times...good times...

You should have stumbled over and puked your Maui mai tai all over their transmission device. Opportunity lost.
Or better yet, you should have sharted in the pool they were hanging out in.

Too much collateral damage with that sort of nuclear option. There might be innocent bystanders wanting to use the pool. There is a code, we are not barbarians.

Hard to evaluate Sunseri based on the reps he got last night. Couldn't even get his eyes downfield before the Eskimos were on top of him.

Pass.

I think that's why he was cut. 

Too much collateral damage with that sort of nuclear option. There might be innocent bystanders wanting to use the pool. There is a code, we are not barbarians.

Yeah, foreign country, want to be a good guest, all that jazz.  I figured the Rider fans were being incredibly rude, why should I be rude too.  It was just entertaining listening to how clued-out Rider fans are.  Just amazing.

Yeah, foreign country, want to be a good guest, all that jazz.  I figured the Rider fans were being incredibly rude, why should I be rude too.  It was just entertaining listening to how clued-out Rider fans are.  Just amazing.

Distributing manure around someone you don't like?  That's a very Rider thing to do.  Never sink to their level.