Report - cjob to lose radio rights (real story)

Thinking it could blast excessive amount of commercials just because it had proclaimed itself to be the Superstation is costing them. For the first time in eons they have lost the #1 spot last month for the AM shows. I guess to many the Q was a better show than Adler. When they synced the audio I would listen to Bob instead of TSN but the syncing has been hit and miss.

I wonder if Bob has been asked to stay because of what might happen when he goes. Now that they no longer take a color man with them on road trips it realy isn't the same.

Any show is a better show then Adler's.  I like that he asks the hard questions, but he sometimes goes too far with his own agenda and acts like one child making fun of another child.

Thinking it could blast excessive amount of commercials just because it had proclaimed itself to be the Superstation is costing them. For the first time in eons they have lost the #1 spot last month for the AM shows. I guess to many the Q was a better show than Adler. When they synced the audio I would listen to Bob instead of TSN but the syncing has been hit and miss.

I wonder if Bob has been asked to stay because of what might happen when he goes. Now that they no longer take a color man with them on road trips it realy isn't the same.

Any show is a better show then Adler's.  I like that he asks the hard questions, but he sometimes goes too far with his own agenda and acts like one child making fun of another child.

And that is what happens when you try to be a Bill O'Reilly/Ezra Levant clone.

Yeah, the important thing to remember is that you don't really know if it's "his" agenda, or just one side that he's choosing to be on for the sake of argument. It's more like playing a character. Not sure if a guy in that position is going to show his real-life true colours...

Yeah, the important thing to remember is that you don't really know if it's "his" agenda, or just one side that he's choosing to be on for the sake of argument. It's more like playing a character. Not sure if a guy in that position is going to show his real-life true colours...

Very true.

How do people not understand that it's all entertainment? It's like the heels in the pro 'rasslin. Just trying to get a reaction out of people and in order to do that you gotta go over the top. No one gets excited about a moderate balanced opinion on the radio. 

What the heck is on CBC that makes so many listen to it?  I have zero desire to even try it.

Nice gains for 1290 too.  Im sure I heard them say H&L was the highest rated show too, or something to that effect.

I wonder if Moose games would drive CJOB up enough to edge close to the top spot.  I do agree their commercials are killer.  very hard to listen to.  Even when trying to listen to pre-game coverage of Bombers games, I'd usually give up.  With 1290 doing the shows better, it's a no brainer to listen to them instead.

If I was CJOB, i would have brought Marty Gold over, bringing his drive home show to the same slot.  I dont know how his format would work with a break every 5 minutes for commercials, traffic and weather but I know CJOB didnt like the amount of listeners he was getting on his RRCC show in that key time slot.  Just some new blood, some excitement would help CJOB

How do people not understand that it's all entertainment? It's like the heels in the pro 'rasslin. Just trying to get a reaction out of people and in order to do that you gotta go over the top. No one gets excited about a moderate balanced opinion on the radio. 

It's not the fact that we don't know, it's the fact that this is CJOB, not WWF.  I used to listen to this station when I was little and went over to my grandparents who had it on all day long every day and it used to be good.  Now it's just getting lame, and his show is making it that way.  It's just what you said, over the top. 

It's not the fact that we don't know, it's the fact that this is CJOB, not WWF.  I used to listen to this station when I was little and went over to my grandparents who had it on all day long every day and it used to be good.  Now it's just getting lame, and his show is making it that way.  It's just what you said, over the top. 

But it's still entertainment so it is comparable. The market for listeners is competitive these days. It's not just other radio stations either. There are so many options for someone looking for some audio entertainment even talk radio has to hop on the sensationalism bandwagon. No one gets excited to listen to moderate opinions. Gotta get people riled up. 

It's a big 'who cares' In the off season when the state of radio in Winnipeg, which old wrestler you liked, and lots of other non-football related subjects show up on this forum.  Once the season starts and TC is part of the season, this kind of non-football crap should be taken out of the Bomber section and moved to the general section so folks who want to talk about it can and those of us who are here to talk football can simply mark General as read and move on.  

I for one like that threads can evolve into different topics, that's how conversations naturally flow.

Yeah. That's one of the reasons I liked Ted Dibase (The Million Dollar Man). His conversations always flowed to how much money he needed to spend to win a match. He was an old wrestler/villain I despised, but yet was very entertained by. As for the state of radio in Winnipeg...

Are you saying that pro rasslin' isn't real?!?!?!?!?

Are you saying that pro rasslin' isn't real?!?!?!?!?

Santa+and+pro+wrestling+is+still+real+to