Rookie Camp Report May 29

Sounds like Waggoner might be a SP teams beast from day one too

Sonofabitch is gonna tear downfield with a smile on his face and hit everything in sight...

Just... Soooo.... HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!! Followed by eeeeeeeee then smash a la bobby Boucher!

Maybe it's cuz calling someone a ridiculous name on the Internet is stupid. I dunno man. If you wouldn't say it to his face why say it here and if you would say it to his face, well maybe it's just me but that would make you a huge *******. I mean unless you are 15 or something then sure go ahead. But I dunno. I don't think you are. I find it pretty sad when grown men resort to name calling of people they 1. Don't know and 2. who the hell is Brandon really. You are nobody and you are calling someone who Is well he's more famous than you a ridiculous name. It just reeks of jealousy. Not quite Gbill jealousy of Mike but close

You probably should change your name to crybaby lol! Wow let me know where to send you a box of Kleenex I wasn't aware that you get so worked up over a joke!

Also for the record I was one of the few who defended the pick during the draft in the chat while people like Mike made it seem like Walters made a huge mistake and was so critical of the move.

I was surprised at the Richards pick because everyone was saying Lamar Durant was going so high. Maybe shouldn't have been so surprised after Ottawa took Harty. So far though Richards has really impressed in camp so can't be mad yet.

I was just bummed about the Morgan pick. Mostly because I'd never heard of him and there were still other players on the board I had heard of. I'll be happy if he's a strong St player

Man, was I bummed at the Richards pick.

Me to... I was extatic that Waud actually fell to us at 11 and thought it was a no Brainer.. and I was optimistic we'd still have a good chance a good receiver would still be available at 15

Me to... I was extatic that Waud actually fell to us at 11 and thought it was a no Brainer.. and I was optimistic we'd still have a good chance a good receiver would still be available at 15
Waud is probably a better prospect than Richards, but Waud doesn't fit in with how the Bombers plan on managing the ratio.

Waud is an interior DL, correct? With Westerman signed I don't see us starting two Canadians on the DL.

I think we're going to like Richards.

Whether it is the Bombers or the Jets I can be disturbed on their draft selections But look at it this way.

They both have very good scouts and also interview most of their picks plus spend Hours looking at the players.

I also think Richards will be a great WR and would never knock him as he is a Bomber.

Jade Ettienne is a great guy and will be a very good school teacher.

Maybe it's cuz calling someone a ridiculous name on the Internet is stupid. I dunno man. If you wouldn't say it to his face why say it here and if you would say it to his face, well maybe it's just me but that would make you a huge *******. I mean unless you are 15 or something then sure go ahead. But I dunno. I don't think you are. I find it pretty sad when grown men resort to name calling of people they 1. Don't know and 2. who the hell is Brandon really. You are nobody and you are calling someone who Is well he's more famous than you a ridiculous name. It just reeks of jealousy. Not quite Gbill jealousy of Mike but close

1. That's pretty much the reason we have the internet isn't it?

2. Yeah Brandon, he's slightly more famous than you!! RESPECT HIM!!!! Unless of course you don't give a ****...then carry on.

Waud is probably a better prospect than Richards, but Waud doesn't fit in with how the Bombers plan on managing the ratio.

Waud is an interior DL, correct? With Westerman signed I don't see us starting two Canadians on the DL.

Agreed... But I'd like to point out that that was how I felt at the time... Richards is quickly growing on me more and more...

And I could be wrong but... Waud kinda seems like his ceiling is like a Bulcke? Where as Richards is kinda like a Fantuz? I think Richards seems like the better pick now the more I learn about him.

Whether it is the Bombers or the Jets I can be disturbed on their draft selections But look at it this way.

They both have very good scouts and also interview most of their picks plus spend Hours looking at the players.

I also think Richards will be a great WR and would never knock him as he is a Bomber.

Jade Ettienne is a great guy and will be a very good school teacher bartender.

Fix that for you. ;)

Problem with this is Westerman is already 30 so he's a "now" solution if he turns out to be a solution at all, he might be competitive another 2-3 years.  Waud could be a long-term solution and may turn out to be a fixture on the Argo line for a decade now that he's got his NFL rejection out of the way early.

We've quickly gone from one end of the spectrum to the other re: Richards. I'm still sitting in the middle with "I have no clue" and will wait and see how he grows. Glad he showed something in RC...

Agreed, I was happy with the pick at draft time and I am glad he showed up for RC but I want to see how he does in main camp and pre-season games. Initial impressions look good though.

Re Richards vs Waud...and the signing of a 30 year old NI

Wasn't that precisely the reason the Bombers were able to gain a little more ratio flexibility...by signing Westerman, and being able to go elsewhere with their pick?

We could debate all day who the Blue should have taken, and Waud may ehave been a great choice, but still, we definitely needed a strong NI receiver and after seeing Demski and Hardy being grabbed, it was a pressing point that had to be addressed.

Could they have waited until 15th?

Possibly.

But the kerfuffle would never have ended had another team Westerman'd us and grabbed Richards and Durant. And we don't even know how they felt about Durant.

Every team signs players and uses their signings partially with the goal to fill in their roster at the draft.

I believe the Bombers, with their careful evaluation of who they had, and who they wanted, did a credible job at the draft.

They can't get everybody and they can't fill every fan's board at the same time.

1. That's pretty much the reason we have the internet isn't it?

2. Yeah Brandon, he's slightly more famous than you!! RESPECT HIM!!!! Unless of course you don't give a ****...then carry on.

I am quite envious of many of the former players who end up selling used cars.

Re Richards vs Waud...and the signing of a 30 year old NI

Wasn't that precisely the reason the Bombers were able to gain a little more ratio flexibility...by signing Westerman, and being able to go elsewhere with their pick?

We could debate all day who the Blue should have taken, and Waud may ehave been a great choice, but still, we definitely needed a strong NI receiver and after seeing Demski and Hardy being grabbed, it was a pressing point that had to be addressed.

Could they have waited until 15th?

Possibly.

But the kerfuffle would never have ended had another team Westerman'd us and grabbed Richards and Durant. And we don't even know how they felt about Durant.

Every team signs players and uses their signings partially with the goal to fill in their roster at the draft.

I believe the Bombers, with their careful evaluation of who they had, and who they wanted, did a credible job at the draft.

They can't get everybody and they can't fill every fan's board at the same time.

Durant is the one player we can make conclusions on - the Bombers liked him less than Richards.  The rest of it is just farts in the wind.