One less Braley team in the league

Rogers is just evil. Anti Canadian really. They are taking lots of heat for this.

And rightfully so. Rogers has built his empire by being aggressive but also by ignoring customers once they were lured on board. They have been rated the worst telecom company for customer service for several years in a row. This has been like an infected tooth for the CFL that has finally been pulled, but like dentistry, not without pain.

And rightfully so. Rogers has built his empire by being aggressive but also by ignoring customers once they were lured on board. They have been rated the worst telecom company for customer service for several years in a row. This has been like an infected tooth for the CFL that has finally been pulled, but like dentistry, not without pain.

I've been with Rogers for many years, but only because the only other option at the time was Telus, and I tried them and their network and service sucked even harder than Rogers, if that's possible. I should look at switching again. Anyone who poops on the CFL poops on me. And I don't like being pooped on.

all i'm saying for now (since this is just about finally at an end) is that:

i) i've watched several groups who have kept a facade of friendly partnership all the while hating and wishing destruction upon each other. can't be understated: they'd gladly watch each other die of a thousand knife wounds and they all know this and feel the same way... but all must work "together" for the stated common goal even though each had a different endgame.

ii) the histrionics and drama that some CFL posters go into about certain people in particular and organizations in general are often derided as hysterical exaggerations. i can't stress enough how well founded some of these scenarios (and using your imagination in this situation, it won't be that difficult to suss out what i'm saying) are. in fact, it isn't unfair to say that the worst case scenario for some of us was the best case scenario for some of them. further: that worst case scenario could have brought about a bigger win for them that some viewed as necessary for long term objectives to be realized.

iii) it became increasingly clear as last season wore on, that a deal which was all but signed off on was not given the final okay to proceed by a certain party to draw out and weaken the possibility of a deal being reached at all. the team, the league and an interested buyer were strung along for almost a year... which nearly scuppered the chance at any deal at all (other than Braley eventually giving the team back to the league)

iv) the stadium poiticking was shameless and barely even veiled attempts to keep the CFL from having a home in the GTA. in a weird twist, the team's biggest ally here turned out to be apathy... as in, the powers that be didn't want to be bothered with a stadium funding debate to such an extent that no political will on the side of "soccer specific" could overcome it.

in the weeks and months ahead a lot of this will surface... but suffice to say: there are malevolent forces that pose an existential threat to the Argos and to the CFL. and for the Nth time in their storied history, the Argonauts have avoided extinction... and by virtue of that, the league did as well (trust me, the league was/is in the crosshairs too).

It seems right that Rogers would want the CFL eradicated. Killed my hockey watching, tried to kill my football, and I expect them to now go after my beloved curling tour, even though they own it....

Okay, so Rogers is a bigger villain than any of us had imagined. Sad to think that there are those who are so, well, evil as to try to kill off a whole league with such a storied history for convenience or spite. Thanks, Bluto and I can only imagine your distress, anger and sadness.

all i'm saying for now (since this is just about finally at an end) is that:

i) i've watched several groups who have kept a facade of friendly partnership all the while hating and wishing destruction upon each other. can't be understated: they'd gladly watch each other die of a thousand knife wounds and they all know this and feel the same way... but all must work "together" for the stated common goal even though each had a different endgame.

ii) the histrionics and drama that some CFL posters go into about certain people in particular and organizations in general are often derided as hysterical exaggerations. i can't stress enough how well founded some of these scenarios (and using your imagination in this situation, it won't be that difficult to suss out what i'm saying) are. in fact, it isn't unfair to say that the worst case scenario for some of us was the best case scenario for some of them. further: that worst case scenario could have brought about a bigger win for them that some viewed as necessary for long term objectives to be realized.

iii) it became increasingly clear as last season wore on, that a deal which was all but signed off on was not given the final okay to proceed by a certain party to draw out and weaken the possibility of a deal being reached at all. the team, the league and an interested buyer were strung along for almost a year... which nearly scuppered the chance at any deal at all (other than Braley eventually giving the team back to the league)

iv) the stadium poiticking was shameless and barely even veiled attempts to keep the CFL from having a home in the GTA. in a weird twist, the team's biggest ally here turned out to be apathy... as in, the powers that be didn't want to be bothered with a stadium funding debate to such an extent that no political will on the side of "soccer specific" could overcome it.

in the weeks and months ahead a lot of this will surface... but suffice to say: there are malevolent forces that pose an existential threat to the Argos and to the CFL. and for the Nth time in their storied history, the Argonauts have avoided extinction... and by virtue of that, the league did as well (trust me, the league was/is in the crosshairs too).

I will be the first to say I didn't understand most of this post, but it could be that I am on my second bottle of Crown as this freaking hockey game doesn't seem to want to end.

I will be the first to say I didn't understand most of this post, but it could be that I am on my second bottle of Crown as this freaking hockey game doesn't seem to want to end.

I didn't get the correct decoder ring either.

I didn't get the correct decoder ring either.

Translation of Bluto's post: Rogers sucks.

I've been with Rogers for many years, but only because the only other option at the time was Telus, and I tried them and their network and service sucked even harder than Rogers, if that's possible. I should look at switching again. Anyone who poops on the CFL poops on me. And I don't like being pooped on.

You may wish to consider Koodo- we've been with them for 6 years and have had excellent coverage and service when needed.

You may wish to consider Koodo- we've been with them for 6 years and have had excellent coverage and service when needed.

Thanks for the tip.  Once the truth is known and it is indeed shown that Rogers is trying to kill the CFL, I am done.  No way am I supporting a business that has that kind of attitude.  NO WAY.

Thanks for the tip.  Once the truth is known and it is indeed shown that Rogers is trying to kill the CFL, I am done.  No way am I supporting a business that has that kind of attitude.  NO WAY.

Plus Koodo has really funny commercials.

Plus Koodo has really funny commercials.

Isn't Koodo just owned by Telus? Telus are a bunch of assholes too, but but not as big as Rogers I suppose. Rogers are basically the devil.