Draft Day Thread - - It's here, its now

BigBlue

Yeah, I gotta agree that with all the pre-work the Bomber staff have done in addressing lineup issues and aligning potential candidates with future openings, that they have considered carefully how their choices will play out.

I'm sorry a few are disappointed with the picks. Myself, I'll wait until there is something to be disappointed with.

Well his interviews were red flagging every gm.. so i mean its not crazy Walter's passed.. he wants character guys.. as for Morgan.. we currently employ 2 Canadians in our secondary.. he can arguably play SAM, corner. or safety... how is that a bad thing again?

Yeah, I gotta agree that with all the pre-work the Bomber staff have done in addressing lineup issues and aligning potential candidates with future openings, that they have considered carefully how their choices will play out.

I'm sorry a few are disappointed with the picks. Myself, I'll wait until there is something to be disappointed with.

exactly.. nothing wrong with the kids we drafted and i hope that they pan out. until they don't maybe we should, oh i dunno, be optimistic and hope for the best? Seems like a good concept to me..

(insert generic "you would cheer if we drafted a donkey/goat/dead guy reply here)

Talked to my friend who was in he war room. Some interesting notes. Wanted Chungh second overall. Wanted Demaki at 11 but knew he was already going to be taken by the Riders. Wanted Richards at 11. Walters had a prediction board up and nailed about 98% of the picks. Guess the guy knows his drafting. Bombers were high on Waud and Shorthill.

Addisson Richards NFL Scouting Report

ANALYSIS

Strengths

Tall, rangy target. Able to fit in and compete at East-West Shrine Game practices against much better competition than he had faced previously. Easy mover who is smooth in his routes. Works back to the ball and digs out low throws. Hands-catcher.

Weaknesses

Slow off the line of scrimmage. Is unable to eat up cushion and threaten cornerbacks with deep speed. Lacks twitch and suddenness at top of his routes. Will have to make contested catches a habit.

Draft Projection

Undrafted

Bottom Line

Developmental receiver with height and plus hands. Richards showed that he belonged at the East-West Shrine Game, but he must improve his route running to make up for his lack of separation quickness.

Overall not a bad draft for the Bombers. Morgan may turn out to be a stud or a dud but Sukh Chungh and Richards are pretty solid picks IMO (even though I would have loved Durant). The short D-lineman could be a useful component and I like the French FB. Could have done better maybe but I've seen much worse drafts recently. At any rate, I think our O-line will have the potential to be feared in the not too distant future ...

I like Chungh. I like Richards at 11 with Demski gone. Ppl talk about Durant but he fell huge. Why? Who knows but his ranting on twitter makes one question his character. Morgan? Never heard of him so no comment. Bucknor isn't young so Jones Morgan might be a good future on the corner and should help special teams. The DL has an engine that doesn't stop.the fb looks like a better pontbriand. The LB apparently led his team in tackles bUT played on a crappy team. Good draft really but yet to be seen how it turns out. Addressed some needs. Almost puked when sask took Demski. Imo 5 and 6 overall picks were reaches and Demski does not seem to fit a need in sask.

I know some people are really curious about the Morgan pick, but to me Richards will be someone who's career I hope goes better than I think. There's lots to like about him but he strikes me as a really raw player. Watched some clips of him just now. Showed good tracking ability on deep routes, certainly uses his size well. Hopefully it works out for him, he'd be a tremendous asset.

Addisson Richards NFL Scouting Report

ANALYSIS

Strengths

Tall, rangy target. Able to fit in and compete at East-West Shrine Game practices against much better competition than he had faced previously. Easy mover who is smooth in his routes. Works back to the ball and digs out low throws. Hands-catcher.

Weaknesses

Slow off the line of scrimmage. Is unable to eat up cushion and threaten cornerbacks with deep speed. Lacks twitch and suddenness at top of his routes. Will have to make contested catches a habit.

Draft Projection

Undrafted

Bottom Line

Developmental receiver with height and plus hands. Richards showed that he belonged at the East-West Shrine Game, but he must improve his route running to make up for his lack of separation quickness.

Seems to solve a lot of issue by using the waggle and playing the slot