Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

dont get me wrong,  the trailers look decent as far as will i watch the movies or not,  obviously yes, just wasn't overly wow'd. my 12 year old got pretty excited when he saw Cyborg tho in the JL trailer.

I saw a pic earlier about Hulk wearing armor in Thor: Ragnarok

hubejzfg8otvul5w30wz.PNG

and while I'm familiar with the gladiator like fighting they seem to do in asgard, and even when the hulk is there, im a little skeptical. IMHO they have had trouble with the CGI of the hulk at the best of times, ruffalo's, nortons, bana's...ect  this might look even worse on him

this is a common look he's had in various works

0ed88439f71440e76c73abe7efe15b10.jpg

That's his gear from the Planet Hulk storyline where he gets sent into space by the Illuminati and ends up on a planet where they turn him into a gladiator.  He eventually wins everything and overthrows the overlords of that planet and gets married and has, I believe, 2 kids.  They're going to merge that storyline into Thor Ragnarok.

• 2 weeks later...

When a company doesn't lift the embargo on reviewing a movie until 2 to 3 days before the movie releases, that's usually not a good sign. I want to see the movie but my hopes feel like they're being dashed away that it's going to be good. It's too bad too, because some of the cast looked really good. Which I can say for all the DCEU films. Unfortunately they're underperforming. I'm still hoping I enjoy it though no matter what reviews are out there. *gulp*

17 hours ago, Logan007 said:

When a company doesn't lift the embargo on reviewing a movie until 2 to 3 days before the movie releases, that's usually not a good sign. I want to see the movie but my hopes feel like they're being dashed away that it's going to be good. It's too bad too, because some of the cast looked really good. Which I can say for all the DCEU films. Unfortunately they're underperforming. I'm still hoping I enjoy it though no matter what reviews are out there. *gulp*

The other thing that is a concern is when a movie goes back for a ton of reshoots to get things right. Reshoots in themselves aren't bad, but reshoots that seemed to be based on the criticism of batman vs. superman tells me that the studio is in panic mode trying to engineer a hit rather than trusting the creative people to get it right. 

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

The other thing that is a concern is when a movie goes back for a ton of reshoots to get things right. Reshoots in themselves aren't bad, but reshoots that seemed to be based on the criticism of batman vs. superman tells me that the studio is in panic mode trying to engineer a hit rather than trusting the creative people to get it right. 

Mad Max had a bunch of reshoots...  the reason they had reshoots was because the studio was amazed at how awesome the movie looked and wanted more bigger and badder action scenes....

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

Mad Max had a bunch of reshoots...  the reason they had reshoots was because the studio was amazed at how awesome the movie looked and wanted more bigger and badder action scenes....

Oh, is that why it was so boring?  Thanks for letting me know.

;)

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

cant believe the dc fanboys are trying to get rotten tomatos shut down for all the negative suicide squad reviews. 

As if that's ever going to happen.  Those guys are a bunch of knobs.  Waaahh...other people didn't like the movie I want to like and HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN YET....

Le sigh...

As much as I loved the first one (seriously one of my all time favourite Christmas movies), I just don't know what more you can do with this. Never mind that you're trying to do it without Bernie Mac or John Ritter (who were fantastic in the first one...) but it's really a lot of the same jokes, just amped up to 11. I dunno...I love the first one, and I'm just not sure they needed to give it the sequel treatment.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

As much as I loved the first one (seriously one of my all time favourite Christmas movies), I just don't know what more you can do with this. Never mind that you're trying to do it without Bernie Mac or John Ritter (who were fantastic in the first one...) but it's really a lot of the same jokes, just amped up to 11. I dunno...I love the first one, and I'm just not sure they needed to give it the sequel treatment.

The first one has gained in popularity over the years so I think this should do well. It's movies like Alice in Wonderland and Snow White & the Huntsmen that should not have got sequels.

And Alice made like a billion too!

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

I feel the same way but I'll still watch the sequel.  I just have zero expectations that it will be anywhere near as good as the first.

Oh don't get me wrong...I'll watch it.....but I'm concerned about ruining the legacy of the first one with a shitty, unnecessary sequel.

25 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Looks ok, but to be perfectly honest I'm nowhere near as interested in rogue one as I am for episode 8. I guess its a good distraction since itll be another year and half, but I guess my excitement for this one is a little tempered

Yeah, got a bad feeling about this.