Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

On 2016-08-29 at 8:28 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

STB NEEDS a big China to mitigate losses.  They will lose money no matter what.  But they are possibly looking at upwards of $200MM loss.  Who knows if Trek 4 will even happen.

30+M weekend in China for STB so that should bring it to 315m.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

15 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

How much you think it cost? BOM says 185 and factor in 100m for promotion.

I believe thats correct.  But studio's only take in a percentage of the box office and that percentage diminishes the longer its in theaters.  They get more the first few weeks.  In China, they only get 25% I believe.  So as important as China is to film now, the studio still only takes home a smaller percentage.  A film has to make several times its budget in box office revenue to break even.

Paramount goofed in many ways.  That budget being one of them.  Star Trek isnt a summer tent pole action drool fest.

Here's a breakdown I found from a quality poster on a Trek board I frequent:

Total worldwide box office including China is $285,393,322

Budget $185 million
Marketing $120 million
Box Office $142 million (Less Theater take $142)
Total remaining to break even $163 million

Paramount is expected to earn another $8-13 million of a $15-25 million BO, which means they will close with a loss of over $150 million, before home video and TV deals, which are not likely to immediately put this film into the black, much less be considered profitable.

http://lrmonline.com/news/joe-manganiello-confirmed-as-deathstroke-in-ben-affleck-directed-standalone-batman-film

Hmmmm, I like him (Im a True Blood fan) but not sure he has the right acting talents for the role.  I always looked at Deathstroke as an intellectual match for Batman as well as a physical one.  But I guess he's certainly an imposing physical force.

56 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

http://lrmonline.com/news/joe-manganiello-confirmed-as-deathstroke-in-ben-affleck-directed-standalone-batman-film

Hmmmm, I like him (Im a True Blood fan) but not sure he has the right acting talents for the role.  I always looked at Deathstroke as an intellectual match for Batman as well as a physical one.  But I guess he's certainly an imposing physical force.

reboots running out of villians the avg person has not heard of

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Calling BS on that. 15 mil maybe.

150m £ is 200m US!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3776182/James-Cash-Bond-Daniel-Craig-offered-staggering-150million-Sony-bosses-two-007-movies.html

Daniel Craig has reportedly been offered a staggering $150million to shoot two more James Bond movies. 

The 48-year-old British hunk, who has played the super sleuth since 2006, has yet to confirm his departure from the role yet famously said he would rather 'slash his wrists' than reprise the part. 

Sources tell Radar Online that Sony bosses are desperate to keep Daniel in the picture for a further two films, in order to 'phase in a younger long-term successor'.

I heard it was $150 million DOLLARS.  But who knows.  That would be $75m per film.  There have been higher salaries.  Its not out of the realm of possibilities.  There was talk of "passing the torch" that got some people upset as though there would be a transition "in universe" from one Bond to another...which seems very odd for Bond films.

48 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I heard it was $150 million DOLLARS.  But who knows.  That would be $75m per film.  There have been higher salaries.  Its not out of the realm of possibilities.  There was talk of "passing the torch" that got some people upset as though there would be a transition "in universe" from one Bond to another...which seems very odd for Bond films.

I've never read anyone getting a straight up salary of 75 million dollars per film.   Usually the big time stars get 20 million + box office bonuses.  

The 75 million per flick seems insane.  The few google articles I read said that the rumor is complete bs. 

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Most realistic Bond. Can we end it at that?

But that's just film making. You could cast Brosnan right now and make it realistic. 

I wish they'd have the balls to do the epic where all the old Bonds appear and its revealed that "James Bond" isn't a person but a title. Bring all the old Bonds into canon. And have someone picking them off one by one forcing the surviving ones to work together. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

But that's just film making. You could cast Brosnan right now and make it realistic. 

I wish they'd have the balls to do the epic where all the old Bonds appear and its revealed that "James Bond" isn't a person but a title. Bring all the old Bonds into canon. And have someone picking them off one by one forcing the surviving ones to work together. 

Sounds like a Deadpool story.