Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

Saw the new Ghostbusters movie.  Nothing earth shattering and the 3rd act is resolved too quickly and easily for my liking but other than that I enjoyed it.  The cast was funny and nowhere near as annoying as the trailers painted them out to be.  Good FX and the cameos were nice albeit brief, which is probably a good thing.  Going by a ratings system I'd give it 2.5 out of 4 stars.

Another review of Star Trek from a dedicated Trek site - mostly spoiler free, its a really positive review:

http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/07/star-trek-beyond-embraces-treks-fifty-year-legacy/

Also, there is a new TV spot going around called "Be Ready" which contains a major spoiler.  I caught part of a description before I turned away.  Im usually a spoiler junky but this close, I might try to avoid it.  its basically a revelation about the villain, so avoid it if you dont like spoilers.  They dont reveal it in the link above though, so read the review.  Its good!

If you're in to watching Star Wars Celebrations video's, be careful of the video of the Rogue One panel.  One of the Asian guys says a spoiler that wasn't meant to be said.  To be fair he stated right from when he started talking that he was from Beijing and didn't speak english very well, so I think it was more a slip of the tongue.  But yeah, that spoiler may end up getting around unfortunately.  When he said it, you could see Alan Tudyk's face just go like "omg" and kind of did a head slapper.

There is a fun video of Mark Hamill just talking about Star Wars and stuff if you do a search for "Mark Hamill star wars celebration 2016".  I love listening to him.  There's also one of Carrie Fisher and Warwick Davis is interviewing her.  It's a bit less entertaining but still fun.  You can tell she fried her brain a bit when she was younger with all the drugs.  She can barely remember filming the movies.

1 hour ago, Logan007 said:

If you're in to watching Star Wars Celebrations video's, be careful of the video of the Rogue One panel.  One of the Asian guys says a spoiler that wasn't meant to be said.  To be fair he stated right from when he started talking that he was from Beijing and didn't speak english very well, so I think it was more a slip of the tongue.  But yeah, that spoiler may end up getting around unfortunately.  When he said it, you could see Alan Tudyk's face just go like "omg" and kind of did a head slapper.

There is a fun video of Mark Hamill just talking about Star Wars and stuff if you do a search for "Mark Hamill star wars celebration 2016".  I love listening to him.  There's also one of Carrie Fisher and Warwick Davis is interviewing her.  It's a bit less entertaining but still fun.  You can tell she fried her brain a bit when she was younger with all the drugs.  She can barely remember filming the movies.

Yeah, I dont think its too huge a spoiler but definitely concerns the fate of a character.

Is this damn trailer on line that they showed at Celebrations yet?  The one with vader at the end??

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah, I dont think its too huge a spoiler but definitely concerns the fate of a character.

Is this damn trailer on line that they showed at Celebrations yet?  The one with vader at the end??

Nope.  No one knows if they're ever going to show that specific one to the public.  Kind of stupid if you ask me.

Paramount officially announces Star Trek 4 is greenlit with Chris Hemsworth returning as George Kirk.  Script to be written by Payne & McKay which is interesting because they wrote the discarded Trek 3 script with Orci.  So Paramount must have liked their work but really wanted to be rid of Orci.

This also means studio likes Beyond and seems determined to get a quicker jump on Trek 4, which is good.

52 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Warning: MAJOR SPOILERS in this trailer:

I used the spoiler eye ball because the image used for youtube gives it away.  Damn it.

Okay i watched it for half sec and turned it off. If i think it is what i think it is then dont click it its like secret of the whole film but then i could be wrong.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I want to click it so badly, but I won't, even though I have no idea when I'm going to get to see this movie.  Not too many people I know like Star Trek and I don't like going to the theater alone so...  I saw the picture from Youtube but I don't get why seeing the picture is going to spoil anything. 

26 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

I want to click it so badly, but I won't, even though I have no idea when I'm going to get to see this movie.  Not too many people I know like Star Trek and I don't like going to the theater alone so...  I saw the picture from Youtube but I don't get why seeing the picture is going to spoil anything. 

Hmmmm...I cant really give a reply without further spoiling.  If you dont see why its a spoiler then you havent been spoiled!  So dont click! lol

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hmmmm...I cant really give a reply without further spoiling.  If you dont see why its a spoiler then you havent been spoiled!  So dont click! lol

Well, I can only think of one thing that would be that....ooooohhh.....well maybe two things that would be that color.  But he doesn't look like either of those groups of "aliens".  So, I'm not sure I'm on the right track.

DAMNIT...so tempting.........

4469804273_b2ec431582.jpg

14 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Well, I can only think of one thing that would be that....ooooohhh.....well maybe two things that would be that color.  But he doesn't look like either of those groups of "aliens".  So, I'm not sure I'm on the right track.

DAMNIT...so tempting.........

4469804273_b2ec431582.jpg

If I understand it correctly, its not about type of alien.  lol. I know you want to know.  I LOVE spoilers.

19 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If I understand it correctly, its not about type of alien.  lol. I know you want to know.  I LOVE spoilers.

Ok I watched it.  I thought the spoiler was something completely different then what I thought it was.  I didn't know what he was in the movie so it didn't feel like a huge spoiler.  I thought he was some kind of borg, lol.

Both WW and JL trailers give me hope for DC's future.  And of course Suicide Squad.

Really, the only trailer out of the bunch I didn't like was kind of the Lego Batman movie.  Robin just seemed to get really annoying as the trailer went on.

dont get me wrong,  the trailers look decent as far as will i watch the movies or not,  obviously yes, just wasn't overly wow'd. my 12 year old got pretty excited when he saw Cyborg tho in the JL trailer.

I saw a pic earlier about Hulk wearing armor in Thor: Ragnarok

hubejzfg8otvul5w30wz.PNG

and while I'm familiar with the gladiator like fighting they seem to do in asgard, and even when the hulk is there, im a little skeptical. IMHO they have had trouble with the CGI of the hulk at the best of times, ruffalo's, nortons, bana's...ect  this might look even worse on him

this is a common look he's had in various works

0ed88439f71440e76c73abe7efe15b10.jpg