Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

A few upcoming DC notes from Latino Review and Birth.Movies.Death

- Looks like a Booster Gold film is in the works.  This could be part of Warner's "change in direction" after the critical lampooning of BvS. 

- Aquaman is being written from page one.  That's not a good sign.

- Wonder Woman wrapped.

- Something I didnt notice, in BvS, the Aquaman cameo clearly showed the actor holding his breath (because he was filmed under water) and since he's supposed to be able to breath under water, an actor with puffed out cheeks obviously holding his breath isnt going to fly.  They've created some sort of new rig to correct this and film Aquaman in front of green screen and CGI his hair to appear under water.

29 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

A few upcoming DC notes from Latino Review and Birth.Movies.Death

- Looks like a Booster Gold film is in the works.  This could be part of Warner's "change in direction" after the critical lampooning of BvS. 

- Aquaman is being written from page one.  That's not a good sign.

- Wonder Woman wrapped.

- Something I didnt notice, in BvS, the Aquaman cameo clearly showed the actor holding his breath (because he was filmed under water) and since he's supposed to be able to breath under water, an actor with puffed out cheeks obviously holding his breath isnt going to fly.  They've created some sort of new rig to correct this and film Aquaman in front of green screen and CGI his hair to appear under water.

I noticed that.  I was wondering, how the heck are they doing to do an underwater Aquaman film if it's going to look like that?  If Aquaman were "real" like DC thinks it's doing with it's superheroes...I think anyone underwater would have shaved their heads to avoid the hair in the face and what not.  So much for "realism" in the DC universe.

" The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice fallout isn’t over just yet, and Warner Bros. has made its biggest move thus far in course-correcting after the disappointing critical and commercial reception to the superhero smackdown. Per THR, the studio has set DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns and WB executive vice-president Jon Berg to co-run DC Films, serving as the first executives specifically in charge of running the studio’s slate of DC Comics Adaptations. "

Full article here:

http://collider.com/dc-movies-geoff-johns-batman-v-superman/#disqus_thread

44 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

" The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice fallout isn’t over just yet, and Warner Bros. has made its biggest move thus far in course-correcting after the disappointing critical and commercial reception to the superhero smackdown. Per THR, the studio has set DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns and WB executive vice-president Jon Berg to co-run DC Films, serving as the first executives specifically in charge of running the studio’s slate of DC Comics Adaptations. "

Full article here:

http://collider.com/dc-movies-geoff-johns-batman-v-superman/#disqus_thread

That seems like something that would have made sense beforehand.  And anyone who watched Man of Steel knew Snyder wasnt the guy (or at least not the guy to do it without some major creative over-site).

If Justice League hadnt been scheduled to begin filming so soon after BvS I bet he would have been pulled altogether.  I've read rumors that the script is being re-written every day on set.  And thats a rumor that was out there for BvS too that Affleck was trying to correct issues with the script on-set.

The good news is, Wonder Woman is complete with lots of lead time before it launches.  And Suicide Squad has lots of positive buzz (and got a significant investment in re-shoots too).  So it might just be the Snyder-led aspects that are in trouble.  DC cant let this all slip away over a lousy director.

21 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That seems like something that would have made sense beforehand.  And anyone who watched Man of Steel knew Snyder wasnt the guy (or at least not the guy to do it without some major creative over-site).

If Justice League hadnt been scheduled to begin filming so soon after BvS I bet he would have been pulled altogether.  I've read rumors that the script is being re-written every day on set.  And thats a rumor that was out there for BvS too that Affleck was trying to correct issues with the script on-set.

The good news is, Wonder Woman is complete with lots of lead time before it launches.  And Suicide Squad has lots of positive buzz (and got a significant investment in re-shoots too).  So it might just be the Snyder-led aspects that are in trouble.  DC cant let this all slip away over a lousy director.

Yeah, I agree.  Snyder would have been pulled I think as well.

I heard about Affleck doing rewrites, but in an interview he shot that down.  So, did he or didn't he.  Was he trying to let Snyder save face or was that actually true, or just a rumor made up?  Who knows.

I hope WW and SS is good.  I really want the DCEU to succeed.  Although now they've apparently said they're going to do a Harley Quinn movie?  It feels like they're just throwing stuff into a pile instead of having a well laid out plan.  I don't know.  I home Johns gets everything in line and hopefully Affleck as executive producer of JL will right some wrongs.  I just wonder if they can fix this mess.

Edited by Logan007

Speaking of Suicide Squad:

THR is now reporting that WB is "working to smooth out" the third act of SUICIDE SQUAD. The outlet states that since the audience perception of the film is largely positive as a result of the past two stellar trailers for the film, they want to make sure that the finished product either meets or exceeds all fan expectations. It's not really clear based on the article what smoothing out really means? Did they make substantial changes in reshoots? Are they rejiggering the ending using existing footage? Or are they simply working on the film per usual with the mind of keeping a solid third act? There are no other real details in the piece, so it's hard to say what one should think regarding this news, as that can change based on how they interpret this news. - See more at: http://www.latino-review.com/news/suicide-squad-dc-and-wb-working-to-smooth-o

Edited by The Unknown Poster

Bond never used to be a physical guy till Craig, but now that they've gone that route I think they should keep it. I like the idea of Bond actually being a big, intimidating force. Was never a fan of Elba taking on the  role. 

I like Elba.  He's a good actor, physically imposing, charisma and presence.  But he's too old now.  Thats true Bond wasnt always big but I think the role was rather physical.  Even Brosnan was physical even though he wasnt imposing.  Today's sensibilities probably require a more imposing actor.

I'd like to see someone who can bring back a bit more of the swagger and debonair qualities of Bond that Craig didnt have.  Some sort of Brosnan/Craig combo would be nice.  I think Cumberbatch could pull that off.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:
Tom Hiddelston rumoured to be in talks

to take over the role. He's a good actor but does he have the physical presence?  I'd like to see Cumberbatch. I think the Elba train has left the station. 

Yeah I think Elba too old. Cumber looks to have less physical presence then Loki.

I think after the dour Craig films it's to get it on. Calling Martin Campbell as the next director.

Cummerbatch bulked up for Star Trek Into Darkness on very short notice.  He could easily look imposing.  Although his face isnt intimidating at all.

Hiddleston has the Brosnan suave qualities for sure. 

Fassbender would be an interesting choice too.

As an aside, I always thought Hiddleston would make a perfect Data if they needed to recast (even just due to age) the role for a Star Trek production.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

14 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

As an aside, I always thought Hiddleston would make a perfect Data if they needed to recast (even just due to age) the role for a Star Trek production.

Ooooh I like it.  Although he'd never go for it without a huge paycheck, but that would be very cool.

Casting news for Thor Ragnarok:

Jeff Goldblum as GrandMaster, Karl Urban as Skurge (aka The Executioner), Cate Blanchette as Hela and Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/marvels-thor-ragnarok-cast-adds-goldblum-urban-confirms-blanchett-hela

Looking forward to this.  Great casting.

Edit: The GrandMaster could explain how Hulk gets to Asgard, or whatever planet he'll be on.

Edited by Logan007