New CFL Commish

gbill2004

I always thought that Bill Maher was a Liberal. Guess I was wrong. And Sean Penn is looking old & tired just like the rest of us. 

Maher is what passes for a liberal in the US, but he is still obnoxious. It is is possible to make your point without coming across as an arrogant twit.

Maher is fantastic. I'm not anywhere near that much of a hippie leftist, but love his arguments and how he presents them. Telling everyone how and why you're so much smarter than them is pretty much how I want to live my life...

Maher is fantastic. I'm not anywhere near that much of a hippie leftist, but love his arguments and how he presents them. Telling everyone how and why you're so much smarter than them is pretty much how I want to live my life...

Except that most of the time he's wrong.  He comes off stating things as fact but then doesn't let anyone else give their side of the argument.  He's nothing but a piece of trash.

I always thought that Bill Maher was a Liberal. Guess I was wrong. And Sean Penn is looking old & tired just like the rest of us.

Maher is what passes for a liberal in the US, but he is still obnoxious. It is is possible to make your point without coming across as an arrogant twit.

His stance on political correctness is Big C Conservatism.

He is too far up his own ass to be taken seriously. It's funny to watch people either seriously believe him or get angry about what he's saying, but he's as douchey a ****** as ever douched. 

Bill Maher and Ezra Levant are two sides of the same coin- arrogant, usually willfully ignorant of the facts and contemptuous of anyone who dares to disagree with them. They rely on volume and personal attacks rather than logic or reason. And both have made handsome livings telling their sycophants what they want to hear.

Bill Maher and Ezra Levant are two sides of the same coin- arrogant, usually willfully ignorant of the facts and contemptuous of anyone who dares to disagree with them. They rely on volume and personal attacks rather than logic or reason. And both have made handsome livings telling their sycophants what they want to hear.

Maher makes a helluva lot more money than Ezra ever did on television. 

I remember a time when Liberal Democrats & Conservative Republicans could have an intelligent conversation about anything political. Both sides had their points. Now it's all insults & shouting at one another. Now you have the religious right & the looney left going at it. 

I remember a time when Liberal Democrats & Conservative Republicans could have an intelligent conversation about anything political. Both sides had their points. Now it's all insults & shouting at one another. Now you have the religious right & the looney left going at it.

Yup. Don't get me wrong the cons have idiots in their celebrity wing too. Like rush. But as for liberals I mich prefer a guy like Colbert who still makes fun without seeming like an arrogant child

Yup. Don't get me wrong the cons have idiots in their celebrity wing too. Like rush. But as for liberals I mich prefer a guy like Colbert who still makes fun without seeming like an arrogant child

But like people say, for the Libs there's Bill Maher. . 

Thing about Maher is, he's not a liberal who thinks he's better than cons. He thinks he's better than everyone.

At least, that's how he presents his character, anyhow, and it's hilarious. Religulous is one of the best things I've ever seen.

Maher makes a helluva lot more money than Ezra ever did on television. 

That's true.  One probably makes millions each year while the other is unemployed while posting videos proclaiming he and the Sun Network won debates on several current topics of interests and whining how unjust it is that CBC gets mandatory carriage in what should be a free market while complaining the SUN News network should have been given that same mandatory carriage..

Thing about Maher is, he's not a liberal who thinks he's better than cons. He thinks he's better than everyone.

At least, that's how he presents his character, anyhow, and it's hilarious. Religulous is one of the best things I've ever seen.

but you shouldn't judge the one good thing he's done and hold it up as the standard for him. Rest of the time he's just a whiny liberal ******. He's an anti-vaccine type isn't he? 

Levant like him or not says things that have to be said. CDN media is centre left and so concentrated the diversity of opinion is almost nil.

If you take real political discourse on the popular level seriously you need people like Levant.