New CFL Commish

gbill2004

Bill Maher and Ezra Levant are two sides of the same coin- arrogant, usually willfully ignorant of the facts and contemptuous of anyone who dares to disagree with them. They rely on volume and personal attacks rather than logic or reason. And both have made handsome livings telling their sycophants what they want to hear.

Maher makes a helluva lot more money than Ezra ever did on television. 

That's true.  One probably makes millions each year while the other is unemployed while posting videos proclaiming he and the Sun Network won debates on several current topics of interests and whining how unjust it is that CBC gets mandatory carriage in what should be a free market while complaining the SUN News network should have been given that same mandatory carriage..

You are wrong about CBC being mandatory carriage. Sun News was constantly whining about government interference (between losing lawsuits for defamation and slander) but as soon as it became clear no one wanted to watch Faux News North, they started demanding mandatory carriage for themselves. Good riddance.

I always thought that Bill Maher was a Liberal. Guess I was wrong. And Sean Penn is looking old & tired just like the rest of us.

Maher is what passes for a liberal in the US, but he is still obnoxious. It is is possible to make your point without coming across as an arrogant twit.

I always thought that Bill Maher was a Liberal. Guess I was wrong. And Sean Penn is looking old & tired just like the rest of us.

Maher is what passes for a liberal in the US, but he is still obnoxious. It is is possible to make your point without coming across as an arrogant twit.

His stance on political correctness is Big C Conservatism.

No offence, but this makes no sense whatsoever.  The phrase "big C Conservative" or "big L Liberal" is referring to someone belonging to a specific political party.  Small c conservative is someone who holds a conservative ideology, completely different than belonging to the party.  Maher is a classical liberal, which is usually called libertarian now.

No offence, but this makes no sense whatsoever.  The phrase "big C Conservative" or "big L Liberal" is referring to someone belonging to a specific political party.  Small c conservative is someone who holds a conservative ideology, completely different than belonging to the party.  Maher is a classical liberal, which is usually called libertarian now.

Well,you got my jist.

I agree that Maher is a Libertarian, but quite different from a liberal, at least in the Excited States. Down there, Libertarians are not far off the Tea Partiers in that they believe that any government presence or regulation at all is unwarranted. As an example- they both believe that governments ought not to mandate that restaurant employees wash their hands while on duty. So, if you get food poisoning, your recourse would be to sue the restaurant owner (if you survive the poisoning). Both subscribe to the Miltom Friedman University of Chicago economics model where the only role of government is to defend the state and enforce contracts. Extremists tend to merge in beliefs even if they start out saying they are quite different.

Ummm, libertarian<>liberal

So did we settle that the new commish is small or large c or l? The off season can do strange things to football discussions around here.

I dunno, he looks pretty tall to me.  So I think the big question is....did he ever play basketball?