Rod Pedersen on the Bombers

Atomic

Asper's "poor job on the Stadium" is why we have a Stadium right now.

He runs the successful Creswin.

Some people just hate for the sake of hate.  How dare that family be successful and wealthy.  They suck!

You're missing the point.  No member of the board of directors should be meddling in day-to-day football or even business operations.  Asper has shown in the past that he oversteps his boundaries as a board member and this report pretty much confirms that he has not learned his lesson.

His role in the construction of the stadium is irrelevant.  He is not the owner.  He is not the CEO.  He should not be involved in the day to day operation of the club.

That wasn't my point at all.  My point was I'd be happy with him as an owner.  My point was to wonder why we hate a successful businessman with wide-spread connections, lots of money and who would do anything to see the team succeed.  And the only responses on that point were nonsense about his dad and his brother.

Some people just hate for the sake of hate.  How dare that family be successful and wealthy.  They suck!

You're missing the point.  No member of the board of directors should be meddling in day-to-day football or even business operations.  Asper has shown in the past that he oversteps his boundaries as a board member and this report pretty much confirms that he has not learned his lesson.

His role in the construction of the stadium is irrelevant.  He is not the owner.  He is not the CEO.  He should not be involved in the day to day operation of the club.

Unless he was asked to provide support due to his experience , business acumen and past work with the CFL BOG's.   

Sit in a meeting with David Asper and I will guarantee that your perception of him will change.  Extremely bright and is very forward thinking.  Izzy put Canwest in a very difficult position by growing to fast and taking on a lot of outside debt.   Izzy was more of a cowboy when it came to business, David is the strategist.   

I speak from personal experiences, not so much with Izzy but I've seen David at work and I was impressed. 

I don 't care if it is Asper and Dunn and the rest of the baker's dozen or Mikey Mouse and Goofy until you eliminate that volunteer board of self appointed , self serving individuals nothing is going to change. If no one else can figure it out at some point the true landlord, the government will.

Assuming I don't like rich people? I have nothing but respect for Mark Chipman, the Richardsons, Thompson. Not impressed with how the Aspers have handled things since Izzy died. Don't think David did great with the stadium. However just an opinion. Do feel we need a new board.

Funny how Gene Dunn running the team is a 'problem' yet he was chair of the CFL for quite some time... and, I mean, who do people think will be running the team if it goes private?  Dunn or Asper...

Every business be it non-profit or private comes down to the CEO... we finally have a good one.  Bauer was good until his grudge against Ritchie... too bad really.

I don 't care if it is Asper and Dunn and the rest of the baker's dozen or Mikey Mouse and Goofy until you eliminate that volunteer board of self appointed , self serving individuals nothing is going to change. If no one else can figure it out at some point the true landlord, the government will.

And that would be the worst case scenario

I would think ODay is pretty far down the wishlist...

'Hey there, I know that you've only been an assistant GM in the league for two years but you've helped the guy we fired in 2009 build a great team but he's not coming back.  And I know you bleed green and all that but, hey, do you want to run the Bombers?  We love taking chances on rookies... its fun!'

My vote is almost anyone other than ODay.

I'd take O'Day before I even consider Forde, speaking of lack of experience.  Just because he gets on TV and can talk about football doesn't give him any management potential.  NFL teams aren't clamoring to hire Mel Kiper Jr.

It's an interesting point.  They say "nobody owns the Bombers."  Well when your revenues are in the area of 10 mill a year and you owe someone about 100 mill, they own you.  If the current Premier or the next one or the next one or the next one decides changes are needed then changes are coming. 

I'm really not sure what the big deal is with Pedersen's blog, it's not like he said something that most here haven't thought about, heck even our own media members have stated that some of the B.O.D's are a little too hands on. Pedersen put down names that's pretty much the only real difference and I'm not surprised at all that Asper's name was there.

As for the whole "without Asper there would be no stadium" that's BS IMO, Canad Inns also had a proposal, even if it wouldn't have worked or never was built etc, it doesn't matter, Asper clearly didn't have the money to get this thing done either so what's the difference ? There were two proposal's and the Province decided to go with Asper.

I stated when Asper was brought back onto the Board that I was completely against it and I still am. How that Buffoon was allowed back just bottles the mind, although considering that it was Asper that brought along Watchorn I shouldn't have been surprised.

As for him being the Private owner, I hope to god that doesn't happen, while there is nothing wrong with being "fanboys" of the team or league (Braley, Forzani Group, Jeff Hunt now in Ottawa, and Bob Young all grew up as fans of the CFL), you can not meddle and have to make the right decisions, something I don't beleive Asper can and/or wouldn't do. Not even mentioning what a disaster he and his siblings seem to cost this Province and City as of late.

Successful as in not finishing projects, getting paid off to get out of the picture and leaving the taxpayers on the hook?  Name one successful Creswin (or more commonly 352833 MB Ltd.) development.  There isn't one.  It's a shell company.

this report pretty much confirms that he has not learned his lesson..

This report confirms nothing. Pedersen doesn't know what he's talking about. He's still spewing the crap that Mack forced Lapo to hire Crowton. According to him we've been on the brink of hiring Tillman 4 times. He has no credible sources in Winnipeg. Geez the Winnipeg media were scooping him on stuff going on in Regina until Taman decided he should talk to the local guys first.

Successful as in not finishing projects, getting paid off to get out of the picture and leaving the taxpayers on the hook? Name one successful Creswin (or more commonly 352833 MB Ltd.) development. There isn't one. It's a shell company.

I don't recall Creswin being a developer. I thought it is a real estate company that manages commercial properties such as 201 Portage Avenue.

* The Blue Bombers appear to be nowhere near ready to hire a General Manager.  They're still firing people, including Sunday's dismissal of offensive coordinator Gary Crowton.  If you're paying attention, Crowton was a holdover from the Joe Mack regime as Mack hired Crowton to be Paul Lapolice's offensive coordinator after Jamie Baressi was let go days after the 2011 Grey Cup.

And I stopped reading right there.... a hold over... so 1 week is a hold over... also no mentioning that Mack told Lapolice YOU NEED A DEDICATED OC... Lapo SELECTED Crowton.. it was Lapo's guy.   

All that other stuff is nonsense and sounds like a lot of BS... almost Nate like in just throwing crap out and hoping to be right about something.  

I would say owning the TD building is pretty successful but then again maybe you judge success differently. I'm sure your bank account is a lot larger than Asper's.

And I don't get the venom to him for trying to get a new stadium built. He wasn't able to pull it off. At least he tried and his efforts drove the bus that eventually got us IGF.

And I agree with 'em. It's the right thing to do for now. Lord knows that, like most of you, I've never been a big fan of MB, but at this point it's nice (reassuring?) to have someone with experience in the league. A little too much with the NFL minds trying to convert their way of thinking to the CFL game, instead of just doing things the CFL way right from the outset.

**** Jeremy O'Day...I'm PRAYING he stays in Sask, so Taman pops loose. That's the best case scenario, I think...

Agree.  And I know this is kerosene around here but of all the "known commodity" GM's Brendan is the most likely to come here.  Sask won't want to lose O'Day.  Brendan has an affinity for the Bombers.  He and Miller have a previous relationship.  Well, we could go on and on.  And I won't even complain when he trades draft picks for a Quarterback. 

Bombers should have some strategic (for a change) leaks about wanting to go hard after O' Day.  Let the fan base in Sask get all panicky about losing him.   

**** Jeremy O'Day...I'm PRAYING he stays in Sask, so Taman pops loose. That's the best case scenario, I think...

...And I won't even complain when he trades draft picks for a Quarterback. 

Hey, it worked out pretty good when he first came here...