Rod Pedersen on the Bombers

Atomic

After the past few years I would welcome BT back. 

He still makes mistakes -- Odell Willis, getting fleeced for Geroy -- but he has done a commendable job in SK versus what Mack/Kelly have produced. 

That said, it sure is easy to play GM when you show up with your box of napkins and the starting QB is already firmly in place. 

He still makes mistakes -- Odell Willis, getting fleeced for Geroy -- but he has done a commendable job in SK versus what Mack/Kelly have produced. 

That said, it sure is easy to play GM when you show up with your box of napkins and the starting QB is already firmly in place. 

And money is no object....

Taman at least understands the value of a good O-Line.  He spent the money on Labatte and Picard and Best and it is paying dividends big time.  Meanwhile, their first selection in 2012 is now playing tackle, and NI tackles are worth their weight in gold.  Meanwhile our NI tackle taken two spots below the Riders pick is still sitting on our 9 game injured list.  Just think if we had Pencer and Swiston at tackle, we'd have 5 NI O-linemen.  Our entire D could be imports.

That would be great... It would be 2 and out every series for the O and lead the league in sacks given up. The o line is suspect with only 3 nips.

Well Sask at 4 NI's on the line.  Somehow they are doing fine.  It's not an import v non-import issue, it's about finding quality players.  We haven't done that, while Sask has.  And guess who is doing better.

I would say owning the TD building is pretty successful but then again maybe you judge success differently. I'm sure your bank account is a lot larger than Asper's.

And I don't get the venom to him for trying to get a new stadium built. He wasn't able to pull it off. At least he tried and his efforts drove the bus that eventually got us IGF.

Was he adopted by the Shaw family?

Can we stop arguing about David Asper's personal achievements and debating what it is that he actually does...?

Rod Pederson blah-blah'd that the Chair and Past-Chair are 'running the team'...  I mean - duh! - of course, they were - who do you think fires the CEO and GM???  The BOARD!!!  This is how non-profits and most corporations are stuctured... not really breaking news...

Anyway, I have this hunch that Wade Miller is not a total pushover...  we'll see.

I would say owning the TD building is pretty successful but then again maybe you judge success differently. I'm sure your bank account is a lot larger than Asper's.

And I don't get the venom to him for trying to get a new stadium built. He wasn't able to pull it off. At least he tried and his efforts drove the bus that eventually got us IGF.

Was he adopted by the Shaw family?

SHAW retained the lease only on the 30th floor after the purchase of CanWest.  The building is managed by Creswin which is owned by the Asper's.

Taman is going nowhere. Ottawa wanted to talk to them and Sask said no and extended him. O'Day would be nuts to take the Bomber GM job due to his lack of experience...plus it is a death sentence....with a buyout though.

Well someone's going to take the job.  And if it's not an experienced guy it's going to be someone like O'Day. 

A lot will depend on Wade's ability to convince someone that things will change.  ie. they will answer only to him, not meddling hobbyists on the board and that the money will be available to be competitive.  O'Day might stay where he is.  So might McEvoy and Murphy etc.  But these jobs aren't falling off trees and I doubt O'Day sees Brendan going anywhere soon. 

Taman is going nowhere. Ottawa wanted to talk to them and Sask said no and extended him. O'Day would be nuts to take the Bomber GM job due to his lack of experience...plus it is a death sentence....with a buyout though.

Well someone's going to take the job.  And if it's not an experienced guy it's going to be someone like O'Day. 

A lot will depend on Wade's ability to convince someone that things will change.  ie. they will answer only to him, not meddling hobbyists on the board and that the money will be available to be competitive.  O'Day might stay where he is.  So might McEvoy and Murphy etc.  But these jobs aren't falling off trees and I doubt O'Day sees Brendan going anywhere soon. 

Having done business with Wade, I can tell you he is VERY convincing. Quite the haggler. I have confidence in him in that regard. 

That said, I don't have confidence in Wade hiring someone he doesn't have a personal relationship and/or reciprocal business stake with. 

Hope he proves me wrong there. 

That said, I don't have confidence in Wade hiring someone he doesn't have a personal relationship and/or reciprocal business stake with.

If this is how Wade operates, yet another dumb hire by the B.O.D.

I'm really hoping that Higgins becomes the next G.M, getting really tired of the unknowns.

No way in Hades they go with another "new guy" (Mike Kelly) or an "interesting" choice (Mack).

Next guy will be very well established. There's just too much at stake. 

The history of this team tells me that they'll make Wade Miller the permanent President & Kyle Walters the permanent GM. Experience be damned. Other more qualified people will apply, especially at GM but it won't matter. I don't have an issue per se with Miller as he has a football background & knows how to run a business but I do if Walters is kept on at GM as he is a neophyte. he needs more experience before they hand the reigns over to him, I think. It'll be same old, same old.

No way in Hades they go with another "new guy" (Mike Kelly) or an "interesting" choice (Mack).

Next guy will be very well established. There's just too much at stake. 

The history of this team tells me that they'll make Wade Miller the permanent President & Kyle Walters the permanent GM. Experience be damned. Other more qualified people will apply, especially at GM but it won't matter. I don't have an issue per se with Miller as he has a football background & knows how to run a business but I do if Walters is kept on at GM as he is a neophyte. he needs more experience before they hand the reigns over to him, I think. It'll be same old, same old.

this is the exact reason I hate mid season firings so much. It's so easy to say "oh well these guys did ok when they took over might as well just let them keep at it"

I don't mind keeping Miller at CEO because I think he's probably as good for the job as anyone, but for the love of god do a proper search for a new GM in the offseason and get the right person for the job and the rest will all fall into place. 

why the **** is anyone even talking about O'Day? Does anyone actually expect him to A) leave the riders and B) actually be the most qualified person out there? Come on, seriously people. Just cause the regina media is convinced everyone with their team is the best at everything doesn't mean it's true.

thank God someone said something.. i couldnt believe people were seriously rallying around this idea..

I don't know how accurate this report is, but this guy is on TSN 1290 right now and holy hell: According to him, the Riders are the best at everything in the history of the world ever. He's like Bizarro Friesen.

There are no bigger homers than the Regina media, and Pedersen is the worst.  I'm surprised he isn't doing like that lady in Ontario who wrote the letter about the autistic kid and saying he should be euthanized and his "non-********" parts be donated to science, and saying the same thing about the Bombers.  The joke would be on him as we don't have any "non-********" parts.  Bombers 1, Science 0.

I guess it is easier to be positive about a team that is winning. Can't really pump air n the Bomber's tires when u have 4 flats now can u?

There's being positive, then there's suggesting that your quality control coach may or may not be psychic, which is not too far from the stance that he took. Their offensive quality control coach was either a certified genius or a wizard for being able to figure out that Doug Berry offences tend to pass on second and long. Genius or wizard - one of the two.