Riders release; Bombers sign Dominic Picard

gbill2004

Riders are downloading as they have a whole lot of fa's hanging out there that they want to re-up. Picard is a casualty with more to come I would imagine. Dressler is going to cost them and TBrack, never mind Heenan. Good luck Riders. Taman better get the lead out and no we don't need Picard.

I know pro football is a business but hard to feel sorry for Picard after he left us. He cashed in & now he'll be cashed out as a player. I think he'll be picked up.

Yeah, I remember we tried to re-sign him, some years ago, and he said adios. Good luck Dominic.

He didn't show any loyalty to any team he played. The Bombers, Argos or Riders so it's easier to say adios to a player like that. Having said that, he went where the money was & who can blame him? No doubt if he was still a starter he'd go where the money is again. 

I know pro football is a business but hard to feel sorry for Picard after he left us. He cashed in & now he'll be cashed out as a player. I think he'll be picked up.

Yeah, I remember we tried to re-sign him, some years ago, and he said adios. Good luck Dominic.

He didn't show any loyalty to any team he played. The Bombers, Argos or Riders so it's easier to say adios to a player like that. Having said that, he went where the money was & who can blame him? No doubt if he was still a starter he'd go where the money is again. 

Can't really blame any CFL player for grabbing the bucks when he can. It wasn't as if Picard was a homeboy from Winnipeg who dissed the city and province and then bailed. It was about money and although Picard has had  a long career in the CFL, most don't and have to live with a lot of creaks and groans for the rest of their lives.

I wasn't impressed with his slow snaps and his being bull-rushed back into the QB.

Why waste our precious teaching time with him now, for what amounts to a temp. hire?

Our line needs all the help it can get. If he can still play & even just help us for one season then maybe in that time we can find an upgrade. I'm not against signing Picard. I know this, when Durant was injured, that entire Rider offense lost a significant percentage of its entire IQ. Coaches & players weren't as smart as before. Things that worked before stopped working. Durant was their team MVP. They were lost offensively without him. 

Picard is not an upgrade though... Morely is a much better blocker and his snaps are just as good. Plus we already have our future center, who is also a better blocker. Picard has no value for this team, unless they want Morely to be able slide out to Gaurd as an injury replacement.

But I don't think Picards salary, or ego, would allow him to be a 6th lineman

Picard is not an upgrade though... Morely is a much better blocker and his snaps are just as good. Plus we already have our future center, who is also a better blocker. Picard has no value for this team, unless they want Morely to be able slide out to Gaurd as an injury replacement.

You could go with this for one year:

LT - January/Daniels

LG - Greaves

C - Picard

RG - Goossen

RT - Neufeld

6th - Morley

You could go with this for one year:

LT - January/Daniels

LG - Greaves

C - Picard

RG - Goossen

RT - Neufeld

6th - Morley

IMO, Picard is not as good as Morely, so I'd swap Picard and Morely.... If there was an injury, Morely would have to slide out and Picard fill in at Center.

I just don't think he's worth it. I'd wait till FA and try and get Holmes