Riders release; Bombers sign Dominic Picard

gbill2004

From my perspective, reading between the lines? lol, May the best man win, there will be some casualties, some guys will be trade bait but come camp, the starters will have had to beat out good competition. Wait, that's not reading between the lines, that's pretty much exactly what  walters said. 

No Imaginging things at all, walters was very careful when speaking about January. Theres no doubt about that. Glenn is probably gone and quite honestly, i'm not sure why anyone would be surprised by this, he hasn't really been that good for a while now. 

Also interesting was the talk of Brohm and his NFL interest.

Of course his hand has to able to throw a football and I wonder how that's going.

Walters did mention, briefly, that he had to wait until his hand was healed and it would seem like a likely follow up question to be asked, (how's his hand healing? and will it keep him on the FA list for awhile?), but alas, nobody asked.

No Imaginging things at all, walters was very careful when speaking about January. Theres no doubt about that. Glenn is probably gone and quite honestly, i'm not sure why anyone would be surprised by this, he hasn't really been that good for a while now. 

Yea, I don't disagree with that part. 

Certainly sounded to me like January's days as a Bomber could be coming to an end.

I'd like him to at least come to camp, but I think the chances of getting a vet like him to basically tryout w/o a signing bonus are pretty slim.

Slim indeed.  It's pretty much agreeing to be totally expendable.  Makes more sense to not waste a training camp with a team that doesn't want you and sign with one that does.

What else is really being speculated on? Other than a comment I already said I was wrong for making.

What else is really being speculated on? Other than a comment I already said I was wrong for making.

The speculation that Morley will be gone.

That's reasonable though.

It's very likely that one of him or Neufeld will have to go. Do you want 120k+ tied up in your 7th OL? Or do you want it to be free for more useful purposes?

Based on the number of injuries on the OL last season, I want solid NI OL depth.  So yes I'm fine with a 120k insurance policy in a Grey Cup year.  And if we start 4 NI's on the OL, Morley would be the 6th OL, not 7th. 

Given the extreme lack of depth on the OL it might be tough to argue against any attempt to increase the depth and increase the level of competition for starting positions. Heaven help them if they once again start 3 Nationals on the OL especially at their level of play last season. Bringing January back just risks owning another IR salary for a guy that already has a back issue.

Bombers can hide one of Morley & Neufeld on the IR. So their salary wont count to the cap.

6-game IR ... but then what's the point? You don't hide veterans. You hide talent you want to develop.

Certainly, not the way Austin used his 6-game IR last year.

Bombers can hide one of Morley & Neufeld on the IR. So their salary wont count to the cap.

6-game IR ... but then what's the point? You don't hide veterans. You hide talent you want to develop.

Certainly, not the way Austin used his 6-game IR last year.

What player similar to Morley or Neufeld did Austin hide on there last year.