Creehan has to go... replace him with who?

Brandon

It's really too bad when you stop and think about it.

Marcel, Tim and Craig are probably the 3 best coordinators we have had all at one time, it would have the makings of a real solid coaching staff if only we could have a good HC in charge.

if lapo just made a call to marcel last season instead of hiring crowton. I think he still be the head coach up to this day.

or if burke made a call to marcel at the beginning of the season and can crowton, we are not a 1-6 team today.

I'd say the Esks are in better shape than we are so he's safe. Hervey wouldn't fire him 2 months after giving him an extension. Only Joe Mack does that.

Being in slightly better shape than us doesn't mean job security.

The extension was only 1 year, which is basically a severance package if they decide to can him.

Marcel, Tim and Craig are probably the 3 best coordinators we have had all at one time, it would have the makings of a real solid coaching staff if only we could have a good HC in charge.

if lapo just made a call to marcel last season instead of hiring crowton. I think he still be the head coach up to this day.

or if burke made a call to marcel at the beginning of the season and can crowton, we are not a 1-6 team today.

As we are seeing/hearing now, not all those decisions are being left up to the HC to make though. For example, if I gave you a short list of 3 people and said pick one, you would still be the one doing the hiring.

But Lapo didn't want an experienced CFL OC. He could have hired one but he chose not to because he didn't want to give the offense to someone else.

If Burke is such the Defensive genius that everyone touts him to be, why isn't he helping Creehan to get things straightened out?  I know most people are going to think I'm stupid for saying it, but I think when Burke was a DC, he surrounded himself with great defensive coaches that did most of the work for him.  The more I see him on the sidelines or talking to the media, the more I think he's a complete sham and road the coattails of others to get to the top.  The second Coach Harris died, swaggerville started to fail.  He finally got screwed when HE had to choose his own defensive staff and picked a dud in Creehan.  It's either that or Mack just handed Burke the worst defensive players in football.

Flame away.

Im starting to suspect that Burke isn't all that great as well. But he was also successful in Montreal, and he did coordinate the best bomber defence in recent history shortly after.......

Im not sure itll matter anyway... New head coach wll want his own DC.

If Burke is such the Defensive genius that everyone touts him to be, why isn't he helping Creehan to get things straightened out?  I know most people are going to think I'm stupid for saying it, but I think when Burke was a DC, he surrounded himself with great defensive coaches that did most of the work for him.  The more I see him on the sidelines or talking to the media, the more I think he's a complete sham and road the coattails of others to get to the top.  The second Coach Harris died, swaggerville started to fail.  He finally got screwed when HE had to choose his own defensive staff and picked a dud in Creehan.  It's either that or Mack just handed Burke the worst defensive players in football.

Flame away.

Its really hard to say... but your point about surrounding yourself with experienced coaches is kind of key to anyone's success...  Look at Chamblin in Sask, Milanovich in T.O., etc...

Even just looking at our coaching staff, we have so many guys with absolutely zero CFL experience and even their US college experience is not top tier... Hladio, Plemons, DelMonaco...  Look at Calgary's coaching staff, they have a nice mix of experience, some US influence and a good core of ex-stamps or guys with Calgary connections

Burke made a huge mistake bringing Creehan in... maybe with an experience DC and Creehan back at LB coach, Burke could have concentrated on coaching... too late now.

Starting the season with rookie HC and essentially rookie OC and DC... well, it cost everyone their jobs.

well the logic behind creehan was that he and burke did fine work together in the past, but burke appears to have taken a real hands off approach which isn't working. 

But that was also the logic behind Lapo hiring Reed, Walters, Barresi, etc... good working relationship - except somewhere at some point you need support staff with real CFL experience at their position - Lapo's crew had CFL exp but all of them got promotions at once... so all were learning together, it just doesn't work

Burke did pretty much exactly the same thing... except with less CFL exp...  just can't figure out how we didn't learn...

Flame away.

The book on Burke was always his ability to coach DB's. 2011 he had the secondary playing lights out while Coach Harris was running a top notch DL and also mentoring other defensive players. 

The result was a kick ass D that carried the team to a miracle GC appearance.

well the logic behind creehan was that he and burke did fine work together in the past, but burke appears to have taken a real hands off approach which isn't working. 

But that was also the logic behind Lapo hiring Reed, Walters, Barresi, etc... good working relationship - except somewhere at some point you need support staff with real CFL experience at their position - Lapo's crew had CFL exp but all of them got promotions at once... so all were learning together, it just doesn't work

Burke did pretty much exactly the same thing... except with less CFL exp...  just can't figure out how we didn't learn...

Lapo was never hands off with the offense.

And most of us on the message boards wanted to Lapo to be more hands off with the O.  Now we want our current HC to be MORE INVOLVED with the D.

Dunno, the assumption Bomber fans always make seems to be 'the guy doing it doesn't know what he's doing'

And most of us on the message boards wanted to Lapo to be more hands off with the O.  Now we want our current HC to be MORE INVOLVED with the D.

Dunno, the assumption Bomber fans always make seems to be 'the guy doing it doesn't know what he's doing'

Well here's the way I see it.  If you're a HC and neither your offence or defence is suffering, then I don't see a need for the HC to touch either one.  But if you were previously a winning defensive coordinator and your defence is sucking...wouldn't you make some suggestions, or take over if need be?  I mean, you're out to win.  I know he shouldn't have to step up...but geez...look at how bad your team is losing.

In LaPo's case, he should have not touched the O unless his OC was stinking up the joint like Crowton.

well one of the reasons for that is that the D sucks but Burke has proven he can run a good one. Lapo never did that here with the offense. Plus Burke has said he doesn't know anything about offense so it stands to reason that he should then focus on what he does know.