Mike Benevides Fired

Atomic

this is not far from possiblity....

Benevides signs with Riders as DC. Hall stays with the Riders organization as STC perhaps. Of course, Claybrooks will not leave the Stamps.

So who's left for us?

They haven't fire Dyce - he's still listed as STC on their website. And when has Hall ever coached special teams?

Does Dyce ever coach ST when he took the job? And do you realize that Hall was a punt returner before?

Yes Dyce had some experience with coaching special teams from when he was here. Being a punt returner doesn't mean Hall can effectively coach ST. 

Making Hall a ST coordinator would be an insult.

That too.

Benevides signs with Riders as DC. Hall stays with the Riders organization as STC perhaps. Of course, Claybrooks will not leave the Stamps.

So who's left for us?

They haven't fire Dyce - he's still listed as STC on their website. And when has Hall ever coached special teams?

Does Dyce ever coach ST when he took the job? And do you realize that Hall was a punt returner before?

Yes Dyce had some experience with coaching special teams from when he was here. Being a punt returner doesn't mean Hall can effectively coach ST. 

Never heard Dyce coach ST here before, news to me. Being a DC for years doesn't mean he can't coach ST either. It's still X and Os, it's still football. Some people can learn different things.

So who's left for us?

Making Hall a ST coordinator would be an insult.

It would be an insult for some people. Hall is not an high-ego guy so I dont think it will be an insult to him.

If he believes that organization cared for him and he will want to stay, getting a 'demotion' is not a bad choice. Dyce did it. 

If his options are DC job in Wpg vs STC job in Sask... I find it hard to believe he would prefer the STC position... 

All I wish is that the Bombers would go hard after some of these coaches until they sign them instead of MOS saying there's no hurry. After all, he took 6 1/2 weeks to fire his good friend Etch. Why do the Bombers always have the perception that either they can't afford coaches/players or just don't care if they don't get the guys they want? As far as recruiting & signing coaches & players, why aren't we the hammer instead of always being the nail? I suspect that we'll be this way in free agency as well. Good players we need to improve will sign elsewhere & the reaction from the team will be that we didn't really want them anyway even though we did. There seems to be no sense of urgency with this group from the Team President down to  the HC compared to other organizations. I don't get the sense that losing is totally unacceptable with Miller, Walters & MOS. They talk a good game but I don't see enough results. As long as Miller runs the show it seems the other 2 will be protected. That's the IMPRESSION I have with the Bombers. I know I'll catch flack with these comments but whether I'm right or wrong it's hard not to feel that way. #slowboattochina

It's not even January 1st. Bombers do have lots of time to make the right decision, I'd rather they interview every guy they can and then as a group make the right decision, don't care if it's hall, benevides, claybrooks, miles or some guy i haven't heard of.

Sometimes, it seems people become a little too impatient around these parts. The reality is, they do have lots of time to make a decision and you can bet your butt, that they are talking about it everyday and possibly even going through the list as i type this and deciding which guy would be best for the job. 

It's not as simple as making a poll on a fan forum and going which guy do you want.. ok let's get him. There are other factors involved.

Does that guy want to come here? 

There are no conspiracy theories going on here, there are no underhanded backroom dealings, not sure why some people think this.

I personally am not friends with wade miller or kyle walters or mike o'shea but i'll tell you this much, they want to win more than all of us on here combined. 

It's not even January 1st. Bombers do have lots of time to make the right decision, I'd rather they interview every guy they can and then as a group make the right decision, don't care if it's hall, benevides, claybrooks, miles or some guy i haven't heard of.

Sometimes, it seems people become a little too impatient around these parts. The reality is, they do have lots of time to make a decision and you can bet your butt, that they are talking about it everyday and possibly even going through the list as i type this and deciding which guy would be best for the job. 

It's not as simple as making a poll on a fan forum and going which guy do you want.. ok let's get him. There are other factors involved.

There are no conspiracy theories going on here, there are no underhanded backroom dealings, not sure why some people think this.

I personally am not friends with wade miller or kyle walters or mike o'shea but i'll tell you this much, they want to win more than all of us on here combined. 

It's not about impatience. It's about the people running the team taking so much time to make any kind of a decision on just about anything. We look indecisive. Or they don't seem to know what they want. Or there's a power struggle. Other organizations can make the correct personnel & coaching decisions a lot faster than us. Everyone is on the same page. Why can't we?

Can say what you will about  Rider fans, but they are quite the knowledgeable bunch at times. Sure, there are one or 2 morons but their forum is pretty interesting to read at times.

Have you seen a doctor or hospital for that concussion of yours? Their fanbase is embarrassingly low on iq, football knowledge or even common decency..

It's not about impatience. It's about the people running the team taking so much time to make any kind of a decision on just about anything. We look indecisive. Or they don't seem to know what they want. Or there's a power struggle. Other organizations can make the correct personnel & coaching decisions a lot faster than us. Everyone is on the same page. Why can't we?

You don't think other teams debate and try to get favourites brought in? Why is it when we do due diligence and try to find the right guy we are "indecisive" or in the midst of a "power struggle"? If we jump the gun then we look foolish for not doing the proper research..

Smh.

Can say what you will about Rider fans, but they are quite the knowledgeable bunch at times. Sure, there are one or 2 morons but their forum is pretty interesting to read at times.

Have you seen a doctor or hospital for that concussion of yours? Their fanbase is embarrassingly low on iq, football knowledge or even common decency..

Yet Riderfans is probably the best fan forum out there for CFL discussion.

Can say what you will about Rider fans, but they are quite the knowledgeable bunch at times. Sure, there are one or 2 morons but their forum is pretty interesting to read at times.

It's actually the worst.  Hive mind mentality at its finest.  Not only do they all share the same opinions, they all use the same jokes and phrases over and over again.  Anyone with a dissenting opinion is banned.  Lots of discussion going on over there for sure but quantity definitely does not equal quality.

You don't think other teams debate and try to get favourites brought in? Why is it when we do due diligence and try to find the right guy we are "indecisive" or in the midst of a "power struggle"? If we jump the gun then we look foolish for not doing the proper research..

Smh.

Ever thought why we don't get the guy(s) we actually want? What's due dilligence? Are you saying  the Bombers don't seem to know who Mike Benevides, Devonne Claybrooks, Khari Jones, George Cortez & Ritchie Hall already are? What they're like as people? How they'd fit in with the Bombers? I find that hard to believe. Like these guys all haven't run together on the same road in an 8 & then a 9 team league before with MOS & Walters? If this was the 32 team NFL, I could understand. 

It's actually the worst.  Hive mind mentality at its finest.  Not only do they all share the same opinions, they all use the same jokes and phrases over and over again.  Anyone with a dissenting opinion is banned.  Lots of discussion going on over there for sure but quantity definitely does not equal quality.

I've been a member there for 4 or 5 years with thousands of posts based around dissenting opinions and I'm still free to post there.

There's lots of crap there too, but it's a great place to talk football. They have their fair share of characters for sure.

Smh.

Ever thought why we don't get the guy(s) we actually want? What's due dilligence? Are you saying  the Bombers don't seem to know who Mike Benevides, Devonne Claybrooks, Khari Jones, George Cortez & Ritchie Hall already are? What they're like as people? How they'd fit in with the Bombers? I find that hard to believe. Like these guys all haven't run together on the same road in an 8 & then a 9 team league before with MOS & Walters? If this was the 32 team NFL, I could understand. 

I sure know that I want my coaching staff hired based upon whether or not I'd have a beer with them.

Smh.

I sure know that I want my coaching staff hired based upon whether or not I'd have a beer with them.

I think in the past with head coaches here & elsewhere it's really come down to something as simple as that. Having a beer & being buddy buddies. Probably happens more often than you think. I have no problem with doing a proper search but things should be expedited quickly after January 1st because the quality & proven coaches are available & on the move. Saying there's no hurry is wrong when truthfully there is a reason to hurry as decisions are being made.

Smh.

I think in the past with head coaches here & elsewhere it's really come down to something as simple as that. 

So why would you essentially suggest that's what we do again?

Smh.

I think in the past with head coaches here & elsewhere it's really come down to something as simple as that. 

Didn't say that. There are ways to expedite the process & speed things up. Any organization can take as long or do it as fast as they want. I'm saying speed the process up because the best candidates will be gone soon. 

Smh.

Didn't say that. There are ways to expedite the process & speed things up. Any organization can take as long or do it as fast as they want. I'm saying speed the process up because the best candidates will be gone soon. 

Can we just call a spade a spade and admit this really just boils down to your trademark impatience? It's the holiday season so news is going to be at a standstill and if the media reports are accurate, we've already met with Claybrooks, Benevides, Hall and possibly Barron Miles. Hell, we were meeting with candidates before we even made the firing official.

It's not as if it's as simple as interviewing the guy to find out if he's interested. This is just an educated guess, but I would imagine O'Shea wants to know what a potential candidate would plan to run scheme-wise, how he assesses our current defensive personnel, how he feels about our ratio flexibility, how he views the free agent pool, how he assessed last year's defense, what his thoughts are as far as assistants go, what his practices would be like, how he likes to handle players, how he is on the whiteboard and the list goes on. Then after they compile all of that information, they have to go back and see if it fits with the current mantra within our staff.

You can't learn all that from bumping into a guy on a road trip.