Redblacks @ Argos / Stampeders @ Leos - Rick Campbell's Last Stand & Race For The East

USABomberfan

This is it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well this is it in terms of 2 things

1.  On a small note Rick Campbell has to win tonight to keep his job which even then is unlikely.

2.  For the Argos, it's a win and MAYBE in scenario.  Covered in the other playoff thread but to resimplify it, if the Argos win tonight they stay alive for now creating an "all the marbles" situation in Hamilton tomorrow.  Montreal is in regardless but they and the Tiger Cats are both gonna fight for the East host spot.  And either SSK or BC will come over to play them.

So for Toronto it's........

Lose = Out and Hamilton in

Win = In with a Hamilton loss, out with Hamilton win

It all starts tonight

This is it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.  On a small note Rick Campbell has to win tonight to keep his job which even then is unlikely.

2.  For the Argos, it's a win and MAYBE in scenario.  Covered in the other playoff thread but to resimplify it, if the Argos win tonight they stay alive for now creating an "all the marbles" situation in Hamilton tomorrow.  Montreal is in regardless but they and the Tiger Cats are both gonna fight for the East host spot.  And either SSK or BC will come over to play them.

So for Toronto it's........

Lose = Out and Hamilton in

Win = In with a Hamilton loss, out with Hamilton win

It all starts tonight

Why do you think Campbell will lose his job?  Going into the season no one thought the Redblacks would be in the playoffs and would be lucky to win no more than a few games.  Unless the owner thinks he's incompetent, he should be given at least one more year to show how much he can do with so little.

I'm going to lay my money down that he is.  Since when did any coach keep their job after only winning two games with a highly favorable expansion draft?

The last coach who coached an expansion team who only won 2 games (Dom Capers) got fired immediately, there's no way Campbell stays after that gong show he put on this year.  I'm gonna bet the whole lotto on that.

This is it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be quite shocked if Campbell is fired... you NEED to give a HC of an expansion team AT LEAST 2 years... I know they expected better than 2-3 wins but not even the most optimistic Ottawa homer expected a playoff berth in year 1...

Not much respect for Trevor Harris it seems, who has looked very good every time he has stepped on to the field, Argos will win this one vs the Redblacks, Harris is no slouch. 

Highly doubt Campbell would be fired if the ORBs lose, doubt it for sure. If he is tho and I'm the Bombers, I'd strongly consider him for our DC position. 

Goalie, on 07 Nov 2014 - 3:50 PM, said:

Not much respect for Trevor Harris it seems, who has looked very good every time he has stepped on to the field, Argos will win this one vs the Redblacks, Harris is no slouch. 

Highly doubt Campbell would be fired if the ORBs lose, doubt it for sure. If he is tho and I'm the Bombers, I'd strongly consider him for our DC position. 

Yeah I don't get this.  I don't think he's quite as good a backup as Collaros was last year, but the gap between him and Ricky is still much narrower than the gap between Durant and Sunseri.  Plus how many points exactly do the Argos need to win this game?  15?  17?  20?

Gonna say Argos 20 Redblacks 3 is the final in this one.

Ottawa defence looked good to me.

Bad receivers, inconsistent quarterback.

many penalties, and giveaways. bad special teams. I think their kicker missed a twenty nine yard field goal last game.

They looked good at times,  and had some close games.

pretty good for a first year team

Ottawa defence looked good to me.

Bad receivers, inconsistent quarterback.

many penalties, and giveaways. bad special teams. I think their kicker missed a twenty nine yard field goal last game.

They looked good at times,  and had some close games.

pretty good for a first year team

Poor receivers were the biggest reason Ottawa struggled this season.  So many games lost on drop balls/fumbles by their WRs.  That's on Desjardins, not Campbell.

If you think Rick Campbell is a problem in Ottawa, you haven't been watching the games. It's an expansion team that got significantly better, at least on D, as the year went on. He got about as much outta them as could be expected...

I'm going to lay my money down that he is.  Since when did any coach keep their job after only winning two games with a highly favorable expansion draft?

The last coach who coached an expansion team who only won 2 games (Dom Capers) got fired immediately, there's no way Campbell stays after that gong show he put on this year.  I'm gonna bet the whole lotto on that.

I got one better - as a coach I survived not one but TWO 2 - 14 seasons, back to back, with an existing club. Granted, I was a legend in that town, and was fired after the second year, but I learned. I went on to be a very successful Coach in Edmonton and Hamilton, winning a Grey Cup in each city as a coach, in between my gigs as a color commentator on the CBC. Do you know who I am?

If you think Rick Campbell is a problem in Ottawa, you haven't been watching the games. It's an expansion team that got significantly better, at least on D, as the year went on. He got about as much outta them as could be expected...

I've been a Mark Nelson fan since the 2009 Bombers. Would love to see him back here in 2015.

What you say is ridiculous. C'mon man. 

Coaching isn't the issue. Having a crappy GM who screwed up his qbs was. The Glenn/Burris thing & now the Burris albatross contract no one will want. 

Coaching isn't the issue. Having a crappy GM who screwed up his qbs was. The Glenn/Burris thing & now the Burris albatross contract no one will want.

We can only thank Desjardins for taking Burris off our hands.

I got one better - as a coach I survived not one but TWO 2 - 14 seasons, back to back, with an existing club. Granted, I was a legend in that town, and was fired after the second year, but I learned. I went on to be a very successful Coach in Edmonton and Hamilton, winning a Grey Cup in each city as a coach, in between my gigs as a color commentator on the CBC. Do you know who I am?

Jim Spavital went 2-14 in 1970 as the rookie HC of the Bombers. He wasn't fired in the off season which some fans had hoped for but GM EarlLunsford kept him around. He was rewarded for his loyalty to Spav as the team improved to 7-8-1 in 1971 to snag a third place playoff spot in the West for the first time since 1966. Then under Spavital the Bombers improved to 10-6 in 1972.  They were the best regular season CFL team that year only to lose the West Final to the Riders at Winnipeg Stadium. A team that just got into the playoffs with an 8-8 record. Massive upset. So, maybe the redblacks improve enough to get a playoff spot next year or win 6 or 7 games. Who knows? But to fire Campbell after a single season? Well, that would be a typical dickish Marcel Desjardins move if he thought he'd be saving his own skin.