Kuale on CJOB

Floyd

How is Kuale not cut yet?

How?  Well Wild is injured, so if we cut Kuale then there is at least one defensive formation we can't run.

Unlikely Kuale goes anywhere this year.  You're better off hoping he gets less snaps once Wild is healthy, or that we go Wild-Kromah for the rest of the year.  Given the apparent complexity of the defence, replacing a MLB would not be as simple as it would be in a Greg Marshall 4-3.  That's almost plug and play.  This requires familiarity.

You can cut Kuale easily. Give his spot on the roster to Sears because despite Sears being smaller he does nothing but make plays. Kuale does nothing but take penalties and show up a second late to make a play. 

How?  Well Wild is injured, so if we cut Kuale then there is at least one defensive formation we can't run.

Unlikely Kuale goes anywhere this year.  You're better off hoping he gets less snaps once Wild is healthy, or that we go Wild-Kromah for the rest of the year.  Given the apparent complexity of the defence, replacing a MLB would not be as simple as it would be in a Greg Marshall 4-3.  That's almost plug and play.  This requires familiarity.

You can cut Kuale easily. Give his spot on the roster to Sears because despite Sears being smaller he does nothing but make plays. Kuale does nothing but take penalties and show up a second late to make a play. 

Good plan until Sears goes down which history tells us it will be sooner than later. I really like Sears to but not his dependability in being able to play. 

Good plan until Sears goes down which history tells us it will be sooner than later. I really like Sears to but not his dependability in being able to play. 

especially at MLB. 3 snaps tops.

We are not going to be releasing Kuale, as much as most of us would like it.

Aside from the financial aspect, there is the veteran-ready -to-play-anywhere aspect that Kuale provides..sort of.

No, he is not presenting himself to be any good, and yes he does appear on the scene, late, to provide that trash talk everybody loves a veteran for  :huh:

but O'Shea doesn't think any less of him (from the coach's show) and doesn't consider himself to be blinded by Kuale's lack of discipline.

The Coach only looks at lack of performance.

Apparently, he sees his output differently than we do.

I'm stretching my want-to-believe limit quite a bit for that one.

If a vet like Suber could sit on the bench why can't Kuale

That is far more likely to happen than a cut.  Still won't happen until Wild is healthy.

The suggestion of a cut is just spite based.  His salary is guaranteed.  Until we need the roster space there is no benefit and actually a bit of down side.  Things can be worse at that spot.  If we can't make them better, don't do something dumb and make them worse.

With 3 games against the Riders and a tired game against the Argos in our last 5 contests, the weaknesses of the defence have been under a magnifying glass, but that doesn't mean every team will be able to exploit us there.  Most don't have the horses, or in Toronto's case, the good fortune of playing us in a sauna on 4 days rest.  Calgary probably can.  That's 2 of our next 7 games.  If our defence is good enough to win 5 of our next 7 games I would be pretty hesitant in the changes made.  The decisions made won't alter the past.  Make the best decision you can to enhance the future.

Now if there is a former Etch MLB sitting around somewhere waiting for a phone call, please do make that call.

We have Wild and Kromah to play that position already though.... The fact that Kuale is on this roster and Sears isn't is criminal absolutely criminal. If he is healthy Sears is a guy you make room for. 

I'm going to lose it if Kromah sits and Kuale plays this week. I'm legitimately basing my prediction of the game based on which one of those two plays assuming WIld is back.

Yeah I agree.... I like MOS and most of his moves have been pretty good. But he can sure frustrate the living hell out of me at the same time

I was surprised at how poorly Kromah played last game. Really felt he could be an impact player but some guys go invisible when the lights go on. It's tough to find an impact mlb.

We had one... probably the best in the league... unfortunately he was a little too good and is now a Colt...

I was surprised at how poorly Kromah played last game. Really felt he could be an impact player but some guys go invisible when the lights go on. It's tough to find an impact mlb.

We had one... probably the best in the league... unfortunately he was a little too good and is now a Colt...

Yep. He's playing with a good linebacker the Riders lost in Freeman.

I'm going to lose it if Kromah sits and Kuale plays this week. I'm legitimately basing my prediction of the game based on which one of those two plays assuming WIld is back.

While I didn't specifically notice Kromah when he was on the field last game, I have to take note of the fact I didn't notice Kromah when he was on the field last game.

And shouldn't I?

Actually I did see him in on one tackle and missing the tackle on another.

What we all want, and are not getting yet….is that dominant tackler in the middle, who can flow to either side and……make tackles. stuff the hole.

We just aren't seeing that yet.

Kromah was actually the player that caused one of the fumbles by the riders in the game, punched the ball out, recovered by sherman i believe or dunn but pretty positive Kromah had a forced fumble last game. Looked good to me when he was in, Not sure why people expect this Defence to have a dominant MLB, it's not set up that way, Linebackers are basically put in to positions to fail for the most part in the ETCH D. We aren't gonna have a MLB with 100 tackles, not while Etch is around. 

Be great to have a Bighill or Elomimian but reality is, Not gonna happen. 

Kromah was actually the player that caused one of the fumbles by the riders in the game, punched the ball out, recovered by sherman i believe or dunn but pretty positive Kromah had a forced fumble last game. Looked good to me when he was in, Not sure why people expect this Defence to have a dominant MLB, it's not set up that way, Linebackers are basically put in to positions to fail for the most part in the ETCH D. We aren't gonna have a MLB with 100 tackles, not while Etch is around. 

I'm pretty sure he stripped Sunseri on the QB sneak.

There it is, That's the one. YUP. So, he did make a pretty good impact there. Just cuz he didn't have 1000 tackles didn't mean he didn't play well was my point :) 

There are not a lot of teams in this league that have the Oline to eviscerate our defensive scheme.  Saskatchewan is one of them.  We have a defence that matches up pretty well against 75% of the teams we will face.  I could even argue that our defence matched up pretty well against Saskatchewan.  Their offence scored 6 points the first time we faced them; 13 points last Sunday.  19 points in 2 games in the CFL.  If our offence put up something that putrid we'd be losing our minds over it.

Taking a step back and looking at our defence in the big picture, I see no reason at all to blow anything up.  We've made our share of mistakes and can be better.  We will need to be better.  But I understand what OShea is saying when he says this is not a problem.

Specifically to Kromah and Kuale, I didn't see Kromah do anything on Sunday that screamed this is the man for the job.  He was adequate, not much more.  Kuale, well considering this defence is based on speed, I don't see what his qualifications are for the job.  He's not particularly fast, not in CFL terms.  He's a kill shot artist more than anything, and that's not what we need right now.  In a traditional 4-3, having RBs get funneled into his lane and blown up might be fun to watch.  That's just not what we are this year.

There are not a lot of teams in this league that have the Oline to eviscerate our defensive scheme.  Saskatchewan is one of them.  We have a defence that matches up pretty well against 75% of the teams we will face.  I could even argue that our defence matched up pretty well against Saskatchewan.  Their offence scored 6 points the first time we faced them; 13 points last Sunday.  19 points in 2 games in the CFL.  If our offence put up something that putrid we'd be losing our minds over it.

Taking a step back and looking at our defence in the big picture, I see no reason at all to blow anything up.  We've made our share of mistakes and can be better.  We will need to be better.  But I understand what OShea is saying when he says this is not a problem.

Specifically to Kromah and Kuale, I didn't see Kromah do anything on Sunday that screamed this is the man for the job.  He was adequate, not much more.  Kuale, well considering this defence is based on speed, I don't see what his qualifications are for the job.  He's not particularly fast, not in CFL terms.  He's a kill shot artist more than anything, and that's not what we need right now.  In a traditional 4-3, having RBs get funneled into his lane and blown up might be fun to watch.  That's just not what we are this year.

All good points. All noted, Kromah did have a forced fumble though. But for the most part, I agree with you here. Definitely correct when you say we match up with with 75 percent of the teams in the league, That's very true and true enough about the only allowing 19 defensive points in 2 games. 

Just to be accurate, Kromah made the tackle on the handoff to Messam on the third down play. He jarred the ball loose. It was a great hit and a potential game changer. But, this was after he missed the tackle on 2nd and 4 in that series. Should have stopped Allen at the 40, but kinda overran the play. Washington made the big play there.

Nevertheless, I definitely would prefer to see Kromah over Kuale. 

Kuale has had his chance.

We just haven't seen enough of Kromah to evaluate him completely.

Pretty obvious that O'Shea realizes an airlift of prospects is not going to be brought in at this time of the season to save the day and Walters confirmed that the other day.  Bombers have to run with the horses they have at this point with the occassional prospect emerging from the PR to compensate for injuries.  I expect the D backfield to suvive the off season but the LB crew and D-Line might look a lot different going into next season.

Pretty obvious that O'Shea realizes an airlift of prospects is not going to be brought in at this time of the season to save the day and Walters confirmed that the other day.  Bombers have to run with the horses they have at this point with the occassional prospect emerging from the PR to compensate for injuries.  I expect the D backfield to suvive the off season but the LB crew and D-Line might look a lot different going into next season.

Which is complete and utter horseshit for the half way point of the season in the heat of a playoff race. It's this kind of attitude that gets you eat'in alive by the press.