Kuale on CJOB

Floyd

I think injuries play a role in some guys playing or being forced to play, with Moore out, Romby comes in. JFG is still on the roster tho. He just gets less snaps. Would i live to see him get more? Sure but... Like i said, with Moore injured.

Kuale? well, Wild is hurt right now, there does seem to be some loyalty to him, guess maybe its lack of depth, maybe its the fact that maybe just maybe he's not as terrible as some make him out to be or maybe its because it's passed the veteran cut down date and if we released him, we'd be paying him for not playing. The other thing is, for as many stupid penalties as Kuale takes, or let's say took vs SASK, it was a missed block on a fg that cost us that game. Even with all the penalties, a missed block on a fg cost us that game.

No doubt MB and Etch have some say but.. I think at this point in time, we are stuck with who we have. Not because we aren't trying to get better but because like many others have said, there isn't some CFL all star sitting on the sidelines right now, and if there is, he's probably not willing to give up his NFL aspirations just yet. I'LL be more concerned if in the off-season we don't find a replacement for Kuale and Bryant. 

Dad?  Is that you?  Because I feel like you just took everything from my last post, agreed with it but somehow reworded it to make it seem like we're arguing...

Was just a general observation, didn't use any quotes there LOL. But maybe we should contact Guiness book of world records to make sure because it's probably the first time in human history where dad is probably 20 or more years younger than his son. :P 

Kromah was actually the player that caused one of the fumbles by the riders in the game, punched the ball out, recovered by sherman i believe or dunn but pretty positive Kromah had a forced fumble last game. Looked good to me when he was in, Not sure why people expect this Defence to have a dominant MLB, it's not set up that way, Linebackers are basically put in to positions to fail for the most part in the ETCH D. We aren't gonna have a MLB with 100 tackles, not while Etch is around. 

Be great to have a Bighill or Elomimian but reality is, Not gonna happen. 

I'm pretty sure he stripped Sunseri on the QB sneak.

Just to be accurate, Kromah made the tackle on the handoff to Messam on the third down play. He jarred the ball loose. It was a great hit and a potential game changer. But, this was after he missed the tackle on 2nd and 4 in that series. Should have stopped Allen at the 40, but kinda overran the play. Washington made the big play there.

Nevertheless, I definitely would prefer to see Kromah over Kuale. 

Kuale has had his chance.

We just haven't seen enough of Kromah to evaluate him completely.

He's also the one that stuffed Sunseri on the QB sneak on 3rd and short... and then stripped the ball after he stood him up

This whole airlift debate is funny...

An 'airlift' is bringing in one, possibly two, NFL cuts.  Every year, the guys who argue against it overblow things to be 4-5 guys... this just simply does not happen.

A DL and a power back would make a difference to this team...  like the way Chad Simpson did when he was 'airlifted' in...  or like the way Stoudermire and Kromah were 'airlifted' in earlier this season.

Signing guys mid-season helps - hopefully one of these DEs are already in town... now I just wish we would find a Thigpen.

This season reminds me a bit of 2007...  and I would say this team has the most potential to win the grey cup since one - way more than our 2011 crew.

Edit:  Wait a minute... Simpson wasn't airlifted, he was just injured... anyway you get the point.

Guess you'll just have to wait and see how many guys they add to the PR when it expands.

PR has nothing to do with an 'airlift'...  you know that.

Airlift is bringing in starters - every year the PR expands after NFL cuts

Find a situation where a good team (we are over .500) brought a CFL rookie up from down south and put them onto their roster in the 2nd half of the season in this decade (2010s).  We did last year because it was basically an extended 2014 training camp and we basically lost our entire OL at one point so Knapp and Jones got tossed to the wolves.  Just doesn't happen.

That's easy, Kenton Keith.

not so easy because he's not applicable to the stated criteria.

Pretty tight qualifiers I'll agree but let him prove me wrong, the 'X-factor' was signed late in the season iirc but I don't remember which, only him running all over us in the playoffs at home, big upset too.

I was curious so I did a quick google search of Kenton Keith... here's something you should pay attention to:

Keith signed with the Saskatchewan in December of 2002 

so how are you trying to pass him off as a mid season acquisition?

KK was brought up from the PR. He was with the team for quite awhile before getting dressed.

We need an airlift. At the moment we are a mediocre club. Keep turning over stones Walters.

I'll reiterate what a few others have already said... even if we "airlifted" in 4 or 5 NFL cuts, the chances of even one of them playing and making a difference at this point in the season is very low... 

We need an airlift. At the moment we are a mediocre club. Keep turning over stones Walters.

and at the start of the year everyone hoped we would be a mediocre club... we're better than the worst teams and able to play with the better teams even if we don't get the win. That's an acceptable first step considering where we started from. 

I'll reiterate what a few others have already said... even if we "airlifted" in 4 or 5 NFL cuts, the chances of even one of them playing and making a difference at this point in the season is very low... 

And... that's still a higher chance of success than going with the guys we've got.

I disagree if we're talking about an O-Lineman...  I think if there's an opportunity to bring in a lineman that can make a difference and help our run game,  the brass would be stupid not to.  It's our weakest spot.  Sure there's going to be a learning curve, but I don't agree that an "airlifted" O-lineman couldn't make a quick impact if he's got the talent!

No need for a massive airlift or make a bunch of low-end trades -- that's for teams "on the cusp" or making a last-ditch run 

That's not us. We're a first year club. And we're overachieving. 

What we need to do is finish the year with the girl we brought and then in the off season evaluate what we need to take the next step to the elite level. 

I would rather us finish the year with Kuale and then give both him and Etch the boot than start airlifting random NFL rejects and seeing if they can somehow figure out Etch's no-system system in 6 days. 

I disagree if we're talking about an O-Lineman...  I think if there's an opportunity to bring in a lineman that can make a difference and help our run game,  the brass would be stupid not to.  It's our weakest spot.  Sure there's going to be a learning curve, but I don't agree that an "airlifted" O-lineman couldn't make a quick impact if he's got the talent!

But they inserted someone from the PR onto the OL and hasn't our running game looked better the last couple weeks? Even facing one of the tougher defensive lines in the league? The problem with the o-line right now seems more a ratio one than not having americans who can do the job. 

They absolutely need to bring some guys in... but I am curious about the players that are already on the practise roster. Can they play at all? If they can why have we stuck with retreads who aren't doing much like Romby Bryant, if they can't play why are we still wasting time on them?  

The idea that bringing in NFL cuts is going to improve out starters is wishful thinking, but it might improve your depth and long term prospects. 

But they inserted someone from the PR onto the OL and hasn't our running game looked better the last couple weeks? Even facing one of the tougher defensive lines in the league? The problem with the o-line right now seems more a ratio one than not having americans who can do the job. 

They absolutely need to bring some guys in... but I am curious about the players that are already on the practise roster. Can they play at all? If they can why have we stuck with retreads who aren't doing much like Romby Bryant, if they can't play why are we still wasting time on them?  

The idea that bringing in NFL cuts is going to improve out starters is wishful thinking, but it might improve your depth and long term prospects. 

I think depth is the only thing we can realistically plan on. The track record of plug-in-play NFL cuts half way through the year into systems being tweaked and modified doesn't usually work out that great. If certain Bomber personal find players who instantly shine to the CFL game and to our system, we need to sign them to a long-term contract.