Kuale on CJOB

Floyd

Comments like that can divide a room MT @garylawless: Kuale on Wpg giving up 196 yds rushing: "It's a vanity stat. Defence did its job" #CFL

On a very basic level, he is right... except when a team gets almost 200 yards rushing - that's probably on the MLB

I disagree with Arsh. The Bombers D played great today with 16 points given up. Kuale on the hand is getting worse and worse every game. There's no way he deserves to stay in the lineup over Kromah when Wild is back.

He stays, MOS likes him, and NEVER admits a mistake. 

This is a real test for OShea for sure...  We passed over three decent talents (Hogue, McRath, McCune) to bring in Kuale because he fit Etch's scheme, he is Osh's old 'buddy' and a vet... but those penalties and beaking off on the radio like that - goes against OShea's team first/suck it up culture

I think he's more Etch's guy than OShea's...  I mean somehow we had Kuale penciled in over Wild at the beginning of the season...

If Kuale is on the roster next week, that will tell us a lot about our direction this year.

No one has picked up McCune, who is older than freaking Romby Bryant and Hogue and McRath were clearly not the answer but the fact that our GM has brought in perhaps the most underwhelming crew of talent in multiple years that we are even left with a guy like Kuale as an option is the scary part.

You must have been an IMWT guy, I'm guessing...

I do like Mack and still do but that has nothing to do with anything.

Just wondering why you would try to link bringing in Kuale to fit Etch's D with a shot at Walters...

Randle, Leggett, Johnson, Kromah, Stoudermire aren't what you would call underwhelming

Kromah, Stoudemire and Randle are not Walters "finds" and Leggett and Johnson are two very good new additions but the fact remains that if you are filling holes on your team with guys like Kuale and Romby, something is seriously wrong.

Just the fact that someone thinks that Kuale is a capable baller leaves me with zero confidence in that person.

If Huff wouldn't have scooped Stubler, there is not a chance that Kuale is on this roster.

Walters makes some rookie moves but I'm hanging this on Etch - both bringing him in and continuing to play him instead of Kromah late in this game

Leggett, Johnson, Grigsby, Stoudemire are all pretty solid additions to the team.

Regardless though, Kuale did get benched for a lot of the second half, tsn made note that he was parked on his butt on the bench right next to O'shea. 

I dunno, i wasn't at the game and my tv doesn't show the entire field but... One of Kuales UR's were a for sure, the late hit on dressler, the one on the qb was just a dumb play but it looked like he started to commit himself prior to the qb releasing the ball, hard for a guy to stop in mid air really.. the other one? no idea. I will say though that after the game on CJOB, o'shea was asked about Kohlerts UR and on replay he said it was pretty obvious the player took a dive. So, With that being said, perhaps sask's players were diving a bit on the UR's today and the refs bit. Kuale was stupid though and i'd like to see him replaced but with WILD injured for probably a while, he won't be. Not this season. 

Alright then as a counter argument, if Kuale has a reputation for being a dirty player that he will never get the benefit of the doubt, combined with being woefully ineffective at his job, what purpose does he possibly serve?

i don't know but if i had to guess, his veteran presence. Probably a good locker room guy. Perhaps he'd make a good LB coach one day. I dunno. I want to compare him to Chris Thorburn from the JETS, why did they resign him? Who knows, must be something they like. It's gotta be something we all can't see though.

I don't really understand why guys like Kuale and Romby were signed to begin with, and I definitely don't understand why they're still in our starting lineup(despite Romby playing decent today). The only plausible reason I can think of is the Toronto connection and friendship they share with O'Shea. There's no football related reason for a guy like Kuale to be starting for us and the majority of us thought he was a questionable signing from the beginning. 

They were signed because O'Shea knew them from Toronto and I too fear he is too stubborn and proud to cut them this season. And as long as both are playing they will continue to be liabilities to the Blue Bombers. So that is on the head coach. Bryant floats around out there but never comes back for the football, or fights for possession.  I know that interceptions are counted against QBs as a statistic. But it would be interesting to know how high Romby Bryant ranks as a receiver intercepted upon. So soft and lazy, he's got to have had the most I/Cs of any receiver in the league in the course of his career.

Alright then as a counter argument, if Kuale has a reputation for being a dirty player that he will never get the benefit of the doubt, combined with being woefully ineffective at his job, what purpose does he possibly serve?

i don't know but if i had to guess, his veteran presence. Probably a good locker room guy. Perhaps he'd make a good LB coach one day. I dunno. I want to compare him to Chris Thorburn from the JETS, why did they resign him? Who knows, must be something they like. It's gotta be something we all can't see though.

Kuale's '' veteran presence'' is as good as Korey Banks. 

I missed most of the game and post game interview. I did hear Irving and Zalnasky rip into Kuale mid game for taking stupid penalties.

Did O Shea, sat any thing post game?

He needs to see the film is what he said about almost everything.

He should be with Burke

Burke would of declared that Drew WIlly will never throw another pass for us after those interceptions.

You watch this guy on the field....and he simply thumps his chest.....more than he does enemy ball carriers.  He takes more dumb penalties, than makes big plays.  You listen to him.....and he simply does not seem to get it.   We just finished getting rid of a bunch of people like this....in order to build a winning culture moving forward. 

Absolutely no reason for this guy to continue here.......he needs to be gone, ASAP.