FNF - BC @ Ottawa

Mr Dee

I think both are real possibilities... somebody has to take the fall for Frank - Ottawa can't come out and admit that their QB stinks and that their GM was unable to uncover one decent import receiver

Either way, getting Chevon Walker four touches in a monsoon is ridiculous.

Can't disagree with that.

Walker did not play in the second half.

Ahh...  then it would seem that Desjardins is to blame for thinking that Michael Hayes is CFL worthy.

Walker had 6 yards on 4 carries in the first half and Hayes had 6 yards on 6 carries in the second.  The panel was laughing about those numbers at half time.  The RedBlacks O-line make the Bomber's look mighty in comparison.

Burris is absolutely terrible, how much longer before the Ottawa franchise starts to develop a young QB ?

And no I don't mean Elliott.

I don't even know if DeMarco was the guy before he got hurt. He never impressed me out of all the young qbs that played in 2013. 

Same, never understood at all why some thought he was a good pick-up.

IMO the Ottawa franchise should focus their future on either Carder or O'Brien.

I think both are real possibilities... somebody has to take the fall for Frank - Ottawa can't come out and admit that their QB stinks and that their GM was unable to uncover one decent import receiver

Ahh...  then it would seem that Desjardins is to blame for thinking that Michael Hayes is CFL worthy.

Michael P.S. Hayes he is not. #freebirds

Aware of that, the issue is their best offensive weapon only had 4 touches in one half.

Came back to soon i guess, hopefully he recovers and doesn't play again until next season, give the guy a full off season to recover and i'd suspect he's back playing again.

But what a crappy game, yeah i get it was rainy and wet but... what a pathetic game, I'll give Ottawa some credit, they got a Damn good D but... man oh man, this was one of the worst games i watched in a long time and i only really watched the first half...

7-5 final? No touchdowns? Brutal. 

I'm not scared of BC at all.. they looked very very crappy tonight. 

Just as a side note, i was hoping in the off-season we would have got us Khari as our OC, but after watching a few BC games, i'm honestly glad we didn't. 

Looks like Lulay is done for the season. Wouldn't surprise me if his career is over too.

That's what I'm thinking. Wasn't a devastating hit - his shoulder is no good. He's done. It's too bad as I liked him for the league, a real talent. 

I think having a 325 lb o-lineman fall on your shoulder could be considered a devastating hit.

whoever made the comment 'why are they showing baseball highlights?'  the Jays game was back and forth and went to extras.

Oh, and at 8-8 before the game was over, it was higher scoring than this joke of a game.  Lowest scoring game since 1979.

That might have been a better game to throw in the early Sunday afternoon slot, when most people will be watching NFL.... yikes!

Signed,  a big CFL fan who doesn't care which teams are playing, but just wants to see a good game.  This was anything but!

That was me. What are you suggesting, that TSN make a call during a game to cut to  a Blue Jays game if they feel the football game is boring?? What I'm saying is I'm not a frigging baseball fan. I tuned in to watch the CFL game. If the panelists & Rob Smith can't carry a conversation for 15 minutes on their own without having to fill time by showing baseball highlights then they shouldn't be on television. Sure, TSN is a sports channel but c'mon. The game had a little over 4 mins to play on the clock & once it started would be over soon enough where they break to Sports Centre where they could talk baseball all they want. As a CFL fan, I just feel that the CFL is shoved to the side too much &  I don't like it. 

That was me. What are you suggesting, that TSN make a call during a game to cut to  a Blue Jays game if they feel the football game is boring?? What I'm saying is I'm not a frigging baseball fan. I tuned in to watch the CFL game. If the panelists & Rob Smith can't carry a conversation for 15 minutes on their own without having to fill time by showing baseball highlights then they shouldn't be on television. Sure, TSN is a sports channel but c'mon. The game had a little over 4 mins to play on the clock & once it started would be over soon enough where they break to Sports Centre where they could talk baseball all they want. As a CFL fan, I just feel that the CFL is shoved to the side too much &  I don't like it.

And when you couple it with the fact there are now 28 different TSN feeds (little sarcasm), there's really no need to interrupt the CFL broadcast for a prolonged period for baseball highlights. Just speaks to how scripted the panel really is and how underprepared they are if they can't carry the show for anything more than what's been planned.

What the hell did I watch last night on FNF.

Was that not one of the worst games you've seen in a long time?

Lulay played rusty, but he had an excuse.

Burris played awful but he has no excuse.

Well maybe a couple..horrendous pass catching by that team and if Hayes is in that lineup for very much longer than it takes to get a RB, any RB, i'll be surprised.

BTW, where was Desjardins when Ford became available? Messam?

Ottawa was 12- 16 yds rushing

Ottawa's Offence  did everything in their power to sabotage any chance of winning a football game that was, literally, there for the taking.

Where maybe the highlight of the night was one of our posters going 18/20 in posts before fading for the night.

Even the weather gods conspired against Ottawa.

Crazy baseball, interruption talk.

Gable's injury.

Yell's injury.

Lulay's injury.

One thing though, Ottawa's defence played really well and deserved help.

Any kind of help.

Teams can be a little lucky with winning sometimes, but you'll never see an easier win for a team that didn't come close to scoring a TD, like BC did last night.

What a pile of dung.

I just watched the game now.

Burris is playimg average... The receivers and rbs are awful. I take back my previous opinion on Walker... He cost them the game with a horrid drop then fumble.

Matt Carter also had a awful red zone drop/poor effort.

Burris pretty much can only dump passes now.

Lulay could only run, his arm looked weak all night and him leaving at the end was fitting.

He clearly was not recovered and ready and should of never started. Why did BC force his return?

The BC o line looked awful.

I'm pissed that BC won because of walker and a bobbled fg snap...

Glenn was starting to play well. Both Wally & benevides wanted Lulay back. Still no respect for Glenn. Well, Travis may never come back now. This is Glenn's team now by default. And guaranteed that no matter how well Glenn does, the Lions will sign or trade for a veteran qb to come in to be the starter next season. 

They were saying it was the lowest scoring game since 1979

That game should end any love affair the Ottawa media previously had with Stank Burrass.  A raw rookie could have won that game for the Redblacks.  A waste of a great effort by their defence thanks to Smilin' Stank.