Redblacks at Als - The Crap Bowl

Can't say I feel  bad for Ottawa because of Desjardins. Ha, ha. LOL! That dumbass isn't as smart or as good as he thinks he is. 

With as crap as Burris is playing it really looks good on him spending all that money and strutting around like some kind of brilliant GM when he signed him. Seems pretty obvious to me that Ottawa is going to be the last place team in the CFL this year. Good thing they're developing a qb that can lead them long term. 

And it had been said by some that Ottawa had better players than the Bombers and with an established QB…they would have a better team and have more wins than the Big Blue………………………………………..

…………………………………………………………OK then.

Can't say I feel  bad for Ottawa because of Desjardins. Ha, ha. LOL! That dumbass isn't as smart or as good as he thinks he is. 

With as crap as Burris is playing it really looks good on him spending all that money and strutting around like some kind of brilliant GM when he signed him. Seems pretty obvious to me that Ottawa is going to be the last place team in the CFL this year. Good thing they're developing a qb that can lead them long term. 

Well, I guess Glenn was the guy...no wait Demarco... no Hank.... LOL!

Jon Gott was the starting center & then left guard on the Calgary Stampeders the last 3 seasons. He wanted out to be with his girlfriend in Ottawa & the Stamps accomodated him. Hope he's happy. He sacrificed a lot for her. Hope she appreciates what he did for her regarding his football career. What a sad sack team. 

Crompton has better accuracy then Troy Smith and his release is much faster then Brink, considering he's really only been playing first reps for a week and a bit he's done nicely for himself.    I definitely think they should stay with him for the season,  he also doesn't panic like Brink and will stay in the pocket and take a hit.  

SJ Green drops a few passes that he shouldn't....    Whitaker fumbles in the end zone for no reason... Als could of really rolled on the Redblacks.

I don't really blame Burris,  his throws are not that in accurate....     I do think the play calling is the craps for them.   They are very plain jane and dont' give the ball to Walker much and should go vertical much more.   

The penalties really killed Ottawa early on....  they had at least 5 major penalties in the first half that continued drives and allowed Montreal to move the ball.    

The Redblacks definitely stunk it up and I don't see them doing anything this season....  I also don't understand the hate for Burris and his contract?   Do you think Glenn would do any better with this cast of characters?  He would be on the ground crying or lobbing plenty more ints if he was in Ottawa.    Burris and his fat contract are not the reason for Ottawa stinking.... they need better receivers and better coaching IMO.

And it had been said by some that Ottawa had better players than the Bombers and with an established QB…they would have a better team and have more wins than the Big Blue………………………………………..

Guilty....kinda. I didn't say the RB's would have more wins, oh, wait, no I think I did. I predicted 6 for us and 7 for the RB's I think. Well, I got the BB's right...provided we lose out the rest of the way (not gonna happen). Love it when I'm wrong ;)

They were talking to Desjardins... Hey, how many of their players would WE want?? After Jon Gott & J'Michael Deane...& Alex Krausnick. I had to include him because I coached him years ago ;) .

I also don't understand the hate for Burris and his contract?   Do you think Glenn would do any better with this cast of characters?  He would be on the ground crying or lobbing plenty more ints if he was in Ottawa.    Burris and his fat contract are not the reason for Ottawa stinking.... they need better receivers and better coaching IMO.

I don't really care one way or the other about Burris but his contract is another matter.

With an established QB on the roster, all the RBs had to do was spend the money they wasted on Burris and acquire FAs.

How many could they have acquired? At least 2, probably 3, and they could have been receivers. (Nick Moore for example)

Of course Glenn couldn't have done much better but you never know.

Being an expansion team, you have to develop a team over time.

They had Glenn - develop DeMarco, or at least determine if DeMarco is the way to go.

One or two clutch receivers would have helped.

Look to the draft and the next Free Agency.

IMO, they went to far, too soon when they went all in with Burris, especially when they could easily have lost all those games with Glenn instead. :)

Coaching, well that's another playbook in the writing, isn't it?

While I'm not a fan of how much they paid Burris, the nice part of signing Burris was what they got in return for Glenn. For an expansion team those Canadians are going to be super important in the upcoming years.

They are still going to have to pay up to find and develop a qb because of Burris' age but I can understand the gamble they took to want to be competitive with Burris. But at least he was only a FA signing . They gave up nothing for him.

I also don't understand the hate for Burris and his contract?   Do you think Glenn would do any better with this cast of characters?  He would be on the ground crying or lobbing plenty more ints if he was in Ottawa.    Burris and his fat contract are not the reason for Ottawa stinking.... they need better receivers and better coaching IMO.

I don't really care one way or the other about Burris but his contract is another matter.

With an established QB on the roster, all the RBs had to do was spend the money they wasted on Burris and acquire FAs.

How many could they have acquired? At least 2, probably 3, and they could have been receivers. (Nick Moore for example)

They had Glenn - develop DeMarco, or at least determine if DeMarco is the way to go.

IMO, they went to far, too soon when they went all in with Burris, especially when they could easily have lost all those games with Glenn instead. :)

I think the best thing Ottawa has going is probably their coaching staff, long-term I think Rick Campbell and his crew will be there long after Marcel D. is gone.

I think the best thing Ottawa has going is probably their coaching staff, long-term I think Rick Campbell and his crew will be there long after Marcel D. is gone.

They have the Henry Burris of coaching staffs.  Gibson and Nelson are a step above where they belong, both nearing retirement.  Campbell is looking more like a Tim Burke than a Milanovich or O'Shea.  Punting inside the 3 minute warning down 10?  Something Burke would do.

Rick Campbell is still relatively young and in-experienced, so he should learn. You never know if the genes rub off on him but IMO he'll never be anything more than a coordinator. Hard to judge him though as his team is so well, bad. I think he was also thinking about points for/against. Don't forget, in a tie (do they play Montreal four times?) in wins then the next tie-breaker is points for/against. He may have figured (and rightly so) the game was lost - lets keep the score as close as possible and we'll get them next time. 

There was a total lack of urgency in terms of preserving time to score the points and actually scoring what was necessary to win last night for Ottawa late in the game.  I'd tend to agree that Campbell was taking a longer view towards a tiebreaker.  Chances of making a 3rd and 20, then scoring and getting an onside kick are way better than getting a good punt, a 2 and out, a score, and then an onside kick.  You're giving full control to the Als, and wasting time.  Keep adding variables, keep multiplying your odds of doing something positive, subtract time from the clock.  Putting the ball in the other teams hands purposefully down 2 scores inside the 3 minute warning is almost never an option IMO.  Toss up a 50-50 pass and throw a PI challenge if nothing else.

The decision to punt was a lack of confidence in the offence, which stems from the fact that their longest play was 28 yards and came in the 4th quarter. More confidence in the defence to make a stop and get it back, or get a big return from Smith.

I understand that.  But how in the hell do you win football games like that?  You can't.  That's exactly the kind of stuff that led Lapolice from the sideline to TSN.  At some point you have to trust your players to make a play, otherwise you're just resigned to losing while maybe keeping it close by being ultra conservative.

Desjardins will take care of himself first. That coaching staff will be long gone before Marcel gets canned,

They have the Henry Burris of coaching staffs.  Gibson and Nelson are a step above where they belong, both nearing retirement.  Campbell is looking more like a Tim Burke than a Milanovich or O'Shea.  Punting inside the 3 minute warning down 10?  Something Burke would do.

No coach anyhere comes even close to matching the unbelievably poor attitude, lack of leadership & accountability, ineptitude & quit in Tim Burke. Campbell is a much better coach than Burke. Desjardins hasn't given him much to work with. Not that it matters once he fires him middle of next season in about a year from now. The worst coach in Bomber history. And Burke being worse than someone like Joe Zaleski,  well that's saying something.