Just in case you're discouraged by the last two games ...

IC Khari

I'm not discouraged in the least. We should have won that Rider game but that's ok because we should have lost the Hamilton game. The Argo game doesn't discourage me, it just pisses me off. Talk about handing the Argos a free win on the bingo card. One day of practice, only four days of rest, of course we ran out of gas by the fourth quarter. And just to ensure the thievery, the idiot ref calls back our TD to Romby on a questionable "hands to the face" call, and that PI call on Bucknor was a national disgrace. Someone at the Command Center should be fired for that garbage. Why shitty calls go against us year in and year out, I'll never know. Why the Bombers get picked to be the sacrificial lambs for Toronto last Tuesday is crap. It's like the league knows no matter how the Bombers get screwed, the fans will just keep coming back and taking it, so why not pick on the Bombers, the consequences are minimal.

And now BC, our Western rivals, get to manhandle a tired Argo team on Sunday and a free spot on the card for them. No coincidence that both teams are owned by the same guy either.

I just hope that now with 10 days rest and a chance to draw some breath, the Bombers come out next week and pound Montreal right into the turf. If that doesn't happen, then I will start to be discouraged.

Agreed, that call and another against Howard at the end of the first half that brought us back into the shadow of our own goal line and the gave the Argos a great chance to score (which they did) were so iffy it was crazy. Kind of like that crossing the line of scrimmage call last week for Willy on the final drive against the Riders.

I cannot understand why we can't seem to find a even a middlin' level INT tackle at this point.. It ain't even a blind side tackle for.cryin out loud. NFL cuts hopefully bring us a beast but there is soooooooo many tackles in the states.. Is it that yard that just messes with everyone? I suppose it is a big change, having to suddenly move a craptonne more per game and per down but it really seems crazy that before they almost grew on trees and now... Nada.

Gimme the days of Orlando Bobo, Dan Goodspeed and Garrick Jones... Hell, I'll take a Jermese Jones at this point..

I'm not discouraged in the least. We should have won that Rider game but that's ok because we should have lost the Hamilton game. The Argo game doesn't discourage me, it just pisses me off. Talk about handing the Argos a free win on the bingo card. One day of practice, only four days of rest, of course we ran out of gas by the fourth quarter. And just to ensure the thievery, the idiot ref calls back our TD to Romby on a questionable "hands to the face" call, and that PI call on Bucknor was a national disgrace. Someone at the Command Center should be fired for that garbage. Why shitty calls go against us year in and year out, I'll never know. Why the Bombers get picked to be the sacrificial lambs for Toronto last Tuesday is crap. It's like the league knows no matter how the Bombers get screwed, the fans will just keep coming back and taking it, so why not pick on the Bombers, the consequences are minimal.And now BC, our Western rivals, get to manhandle a tired Argo team on Sunday and a free spot on the card for them. No coincidence that both teams are owned by the same guy either.I just hope that now with 10 days rest and a chance to draw some breath, the Bombers come out next week and pound Montreal right into the turf. If that doesn't happen, then I will start to be discouraged.

Surely this must all just be coincidence right.... Right?

The 2014 Bombers are not a 12&6 Grey Cup contending team but way better than the 2013 or 2012 editions. Still the discouragement comes from the fact that thecoaches had to know what Toronto was going to do in crunch time (run) but could do nothing to stop them. There are still the same problems that almost  everyone saw coming out of training camp but a few fortunate wins masked them for awhile. Unless the problems with the import O-linemen, running game and undersized front seven, we will be in a slow downward spiral for the rest of the season.

And now BC, our Western rivals, get to manhandle a tired Argo team on Sunday and a free spot on the card for them. No coincidence that both teams are owned by the same guy either.

I don't think the Argos are going to roll over to the Lions. Yes, it's a short week but having had the recent bye week I don't think they'll be as tired as the Bombers were. Why would Braley want the Argos to be a "free spot" for the Lions? It's not like other teams won't be having short weeks either. Some examples: Edmonton and Calgary have a short week between the Labour Day game and rematch, Saskatchewan and Hamilton were coming off short weeks when they played us. I think having had their first bye weeks within 2 weeks of these games helped Hamilton and Saskatchewan get through the short weeks better than we did.

I'm a bit disheartened right now... It will become full fledged if we lose to Montreal.  

We are way ahead of where I thought we'd be...  That means I've upped my expectations.

We could have beaten the Riders...  We could have lost to Montreal, Hamilton and Ottawa.  

Every team gets a short week....  Riders won theirs on the road.  We didn't even come close.

We've had great luck on the penalty call front.... Except for the last game, but they were all actual penalties IMHO.

Lots of big upgrades at QB, Receiver, DB and kicker... Lots of work to do on our O line, D line, Tackling, Running, Stopping the Run.

I'm sold on Miller, Walters and the change of the whole management/Scouting structure and the number of coaches.  I'm neutral on O'Shea and still not sold on our OC or DC.

I don't think the Argos are going to roll over to the Lions. Yes, it's a short week and a long trip for them but having had the recent bye week I don't think they'll be as tired as the Bombers were. Why would Braley want the Argos to be a "free spot" for the Lions? It's not like other teams won't be having short weeks either. Some examples: Edmonton and Calgary play each other twice in 5 days (Labour Day game and rematch), Saskatchewan and Hamilton were coming off short weeks when they played us. I think having had their first bye weeks within 2 weeks of these games helped Hamilton and Saskatchewan get through the short weeks better than we did.

Game is in Toronto.

I don't think the Argos are going to roll over to the Lions. Yes, it's a short week and a long trip for them but having had the recent bye week I don't think they'll be as tired as the Bombers were. Why would Braley want the Argos to be a "free spot" for the Lions? It's not like other teams won't be having short weeks either. Some examples: Edmonton and Calgary play each other twice in 5 days (Labour Day game and rematch), Saskatchewan and Hamilton were coming off short weeks when they played us. I think having had their first bye weeks within 2 weeks of these games helped Hamilton and Saskatchewan get through the short weeks better than we did.

Game is in Toronto.

Thanks. I'll fix that. Even more reason for the Argos to not be as affected by the short week.

I don't think the Argos are going to roll over to the Lions. Yes, it's a short week and a long trip for them but having had the recent bye week I don't think they'll be as tired as the Bombers were. Why would Braley want the Argos to be a "free spot" for the Lions?

I agree.

R. Ray, having just whetted his appetite for offensive prowess, is not going to sit back and submit a second rate effort, if he can help it.

BC will have to take the game from them.

All of us here, are hoping they can't.

Braley has nothing to do with this.

I'm sold on Miller, Walters and the change of the whole management/Scouting structure and the number of coaches.  I'm neutral on O'Shea and still not sold on our OC or DC.

I am completely 100% sold on O'Shea and I like some of what Walters has done but he still has to show me a lot in terms of american scouting to get fully on board. That we have to use Romby Bryant and a hobbling Vega because the other options we have aren't good enough is a concern. I'll give him time but he's gotta do better next year in that area. Maybe it's just the transition to a new scouting staff who knows but I expect better. 

I am completely 100% sold on O'Shea and I like some of what Walters has done but he still has to show me a lot in terms of american scouting to get fully on board. That we have to use Romby Bryant and a hobbling Vega because the other options we have aren't good enough is a concern. I'll give him time but he's gotta do better next year in that area. Maybe it's just the transition to a new scouting staff who knows but I expect better. 

I'm guessing Romby is an O'Shea choice as he was on Toronto last year.  

Something else to keep in mind... Nic16 at the Bombers forum mentioned that Glenn January had pointed out that the Bombers have had "the least amount of practice & recovery time of all teams. They finished game 8 on Tuesday where as some other teams had only played 6 games to that point." (I'm quoting Nic16's post about what January said). After this week is over, BC and Toronto will have played 8 games and the other teams will have played 7. BC and us are the only teams who haven't had their first bye week yet (Lions is in week 10, Bombers week 13) meaning Hamilton, Toronto and Ottawa will have had their second bye week before we have our first.

Something else to keep in mind... Nic16 at the Bombers forum mentioned that Glenn January had pointed out that the Bombers have had "the least amount of practice & recovery time of all teams. They finished game 8 on Tuesday where as some other teams had only played 6 games to that point." (I'm quoting Nic16's post about what January said). After this week is over, BC and Toronto will have played 8 games and the other teams will have played 7. BC and us are the only teams who haven't had their first bye week yet (Lions is in week 10, Bombers week 13) meaning Hamilton, Toronto and Ottawa will have had their second bye week before we have our first.

Why is that? How hard is it to schedule a break in both halves of the season? Ottawa had the bye Week 1 & they'll have a second break before we have our first? Week 13??? Makes no sense. Bush league.

Why is that? How hard is it to schedule a break in both halves of the season? Ottawa had the bye Week 1 & they'll have a second break before we have our first? Week 13??? Makes no sense. Bush league.

Not bush. Blame it on Rogers and having two teams that wanted to start on the road because of their stadium issues although blame it mostly on Rogers. I blame Rogers for any screwiness with the schedule. 

Not bush. Blame it on Rogers and having two teams that wanted to start on the road because of their stadium issues although blame it mostly on Rogers. I blame Rogers for any screwiness with the schedule. 

It is so frustrating to see this happening.... 

I'm a bit disheartened right now... It will become full fledged if we lose to Montreal.  

We are way ahead of where I thought we'd be...  That means I've upped my expectations.

Lots of big upgrades at QB, Receiver, DB and kicker... Lots of work to do on our O line, D line, Tackling, Running, Stopping the Run.

Miller is meh to me. CEO is the money guy and outside of firing/hiring GM and/or coach, I don't see him doing much related to football ops. Peeps just want their CEO to make the stadium usable. Start by making that golf course to the north a giant parking lot. We still have a gang of 12 owning this team which I am not crazy about and I suppose the media leaker is still there. In fact I think he's the CEO :P

The mirror has cracked and the smoke is dissipating but we should be good enuf for a crossover spot. The East is crap this year and we should not have left it especially with Ham without HB, Montreal without AC and Ottawa, well its an expansion team I'm surprised they got 1 win.

And with 5 wins we ARE ahead of where I thought they would be so I'm happy.

That was a nice speech by Joe Mack.

We don't know what Miller does behind the scenes. He may be real effective but does so in anonymity because we don't see him everyday. I think the less we see of him the better the team is doing. I would like that golf course made into a parking lot but the U of M has other plans. You'd think they'd be willing to forego some of that land to be used for parking but these are academics in ivory towers we're talking about here... They have other plans. 

Cold consolation but I don't think Ricky Ray was going to be beat last week no matter how well the Bombers played.  It was just one of those golden days for the best QB in the league.

The way to beat RR is to keep him off the field.  We had way too many two and outs. And drives killed by penalties, whether they be real or phantom ones like the one on Howard that brought back that TD to Bryant.  If you give RR that much time with the ball, with a defence going on four days rest, the outcome is inevitable.

Cold consolation but I don't think Ricky Ray was going to be beat last week no matter how well the Bombers played.  It was just one of those golden days for the best QB in the league.

The way to beat RR is to keep him off the field.  We had way too many two and outs. And drives killed by penalties, whether they be real or phantom ones like the one on Howard that brought back that TD to Bryant.  If you give RR that much time with the ball, with a defence going on four days rest, the outcome is inevitable.

Failing that you gotta plant Ray on his ass every chance you get, but the Bombers got maybe one good shot on him all game. 

I wouldn't say there's reason to be too discouraged yet.... we lost to Sask cuz they're a veteran team that knows how to win... we lost to Tor cuz we were gassed, Ricky was on fire, and they were more prepared.... yeah there's issues.... I'm not denying that... our run game on both sides of the ball is a pretty big concern.... but, for now, I have faith in this staff... I'm expected a much better performance against Mtl after a much needed break...