Our new jersey

Someone said on the Twitters that they were at the Bomber store yesterday and were told that the league and CFL decided everything. Just what I read...

The "league and CFL" - that's the same thing. Maybe someone misspoke. I find it difficult to believe the teams didn't have input into their own jerseys.

Someone said on the Twitters that they were at the Bomber store yesterday and were told that the league and CFL decided everything. Just what I read...

The "league and CFL" - that's the same thing. Maybe someone misspoke. I find it difficult to believe the teams didn't have input into their own jerseys.

I'm sure B.C. said HOT DAMN! We like it as is.Don't change a thing.

Sounds like trying to distance themselves from an abomination more than anything. Perhaps the Bombers office was just full of people who didn't want to argue with the Reebok folks? It would certainly explain why the Bombers current jerseys look so much different in style from every other teams. 

Don't know why I ever watched this in the first place... but at 1:20, the Toronto marketing guy talks about how they 'scaled back' Reebook's initial suggestions to change the team colours more towards the 'city colours' - whatever that means...

http://www.cfl.ca/article/bold-blue-look-argos-unveil-cfl-signature-uniform

I'm guessing the city colours are blue and white.  Each team with Toronto in their name with any history (Argos, Leafs, Jays, U of T) wears blue and white.

Don't know why I ever watched this in the first place... but at 1:20, the Toronto marketing guy talks about how they 'scaled back' Reebook's initial suggestions to change the team colours more towards the 'city colours' - whatever that means...

http://www.cfl.ca/article/bold-blue-look-argos-unveil-cfl-signature-uniform

I'm guessing the city colours are blue and white.  Each team with Toronto in their name with any history (Argos, Leafs, Jays, U of T) wears blue and white.

I think I read somewhere it was blue, white and red and the red was the issue. 

If you go  back in history and look at the original colours of the rugby team from which the blue bombers formed, there colors were green and white. YUP.

So that green jersey on twitter actually pays homage to our history as the rugby clubs colours were green and white for a long time. 

For those saying the Bombers and Jeffrey Bannon had nothing to do with the design:

“Our fans are absolutely going to love these innovative looks,” said CFL Commissioner Mark Cohon. “We respect tradition and our teams are very proud of our current home and away uniforms. But the CFL Signature Uniforms are intended to be bold and eye catching and push the envelope. And Reebok has worked hard with our franchises to deliver something really exciting.”

The product of eighteen months of consultation, design and manufacturing, each CFL Signature Uniform will be worn by its team twice this year, and again into next season.

Unless that petition for the Royal Blues include more than 300 or 500 or 1000 or even 20,000 people, It won't make a difference at all. Pretty obvious the Royal Blues are just an alternative jersey, they are wearing them later this year even, Anyone who thinks a petition would change that... Sorry but it won't.

Petitions are the biggest load of crap in the world, I signed an online petition a little while a go to bring an indoor aquarium to Winnipeg, There were like 100,000 people who signed it...

Anyone hear anything about an indoor aquarium? Yup, me neither.

Fact is, as much as i like the royal blues and as much as we all like the royal blues, we are truly kidding ourselves if we think that signing a petition would actually change anything.

I'm sorry about your aquarium, but your story does not render all petitions useless.

About 3 years ago there was an online petition going around trying to bring an indoor aquarium to Winnipeg, that would be super cool. I signed it, along with over 100,000 other people.

Anyone hear anything about an aquarium coming to Winnipeg? Me neither

I love the Royal Blues but reality is, that petition would be thrown in to a fire the second it could be... Seriously, think about it... It's for a Football Jersey, one that they will be wearing later in the year... 

That petition would be garbage bound, i'd hope blue box bound though, the second someone saw it. 

Football Jersey, Only in Winnipeg would there be talk of petitions for a piece of clothing really.

The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Unless that petition for the Royal Blues include more than 300 or 500 or 1000 or even 20,000 people, It won't make a difference at all. Pretty obvious the Royal Blues are just an alternative jersey, they are wearing them later this year even, Anyone who thinks a petition would change that... Sorry but it won't.

Petitions are the biggest load of crap in the world, I signed an online petition a little while a go to bring an indoor aquarium to Winnipeg, There were like 100,000 people who signed it...

Anyone hear anything about an indoor aquarium? Yup, me neither.

Fact is, as much as i like the royal blues and as much as we all like the royal blues, we are truly kidding ourselves if we think that signing a petition would actually change anything.

I'm sorry about your aquarium, but your story does not render all petitions useless.

It's a piece of clothing. maybe the 300 of you can make a difference tho. Good luck with that. 

So, does this Jeff Bannon being the architect of these things they call a helmet & a uniform & being fired over it have any legs?? The link Jacquie posted no longer works.

I found a different like to the article and modified my post so it should work now. In case you're too lazy to go back to it, here it is again: http://www.cfl.ca/article/bold-new-cfl-signature-uniforms-coming-soon

I'm a little surprised no one at the official forum has made the connection.

About 3 years ago there was an online petition going around trying to bring an indoor aquarium to Winnipeg, that would be super cool. I signed it, along with over 100,000 other people.

Anyone hear anything about an aquarium coming to Winnipeg? Me neither

I love the Royal Blues but reality is, that petition would be thrown in to a fire the second it could be... Seriously, think about it... It's for a Football Jersey, one that they will be wearing later in the year... 

That petition would be garbage bound, i'd hope blue box bound though, the second someone saw it. 

Football Jersey, Only in Winnipeg would there be talk of petitions for a piece of clothing really.

The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

LOL seriously bro? It's a football jersey... nobody is changing the world because they want a royal blue football jersey used, which they will be later in the year anyway. 

If the petition is to use the royal blues instead of these ones, better hurry, the game is on friday.. LOL.. if it's to wear the royal blues permanently, why bother.. It's not gonna happen.

If its the former and not the later, i'd sign it. But if it's a petition to make them wear them all the time, There truly is no point.

If the petition is to use the royal blues instead of these ones, better hurry, the game is on friday.. LOL.. if it's to wear the royal blues permanently, why bother.. It's not gonna happen.

If its the former and not the later, i'd sign it. But if it's a petition to make them wear them all the time, There truly is no point.

Okay. So you think there's no point. And plenty of others do.

What's the point in arguing about it? We get your point.