GDT: Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg

Rich

Doesn't matter who starts at RB for us, we can't run block to save our lives, that's the biggest problem there... Don't get the piling on the RB after a game where we turned the ball over 5 times, gave up 5 sacks and a game where Willy almost got seriously hurt due to the patheticness that is that OLINE. It's sad but January and Howard but January more so was  being schooled tonight by Chick and the rider dline... Seriously, Also to the guy saying we got killed at home or whatever? dude we lost by less than a touchdown and turned the ball over 5 times, all of sasks points pretty much came off of our turnovers, WE didn't get killed, as a matter of fact, you take those turnovers away and we win this game easily.. running away with it, just checked 17 sask points off our 5 turnovers... tell me again how we got schooled? 

Doesn't matter who starts at RB for us, we can't run block to save our lives, that's the biggest problem there... Don't get the piling on the RB after a game where we turned the ball over 5 times, gave up 5 sacks and a game where Willy almost got seriously hurt due to the patheticness that is that OLINE. It's sad but January and Howard but January more so was  being schooled tonight by Chick and the rider dline... Seriously, Also to the guy saying we got killed at home or whatever? dude we lost by less than a touchdown and turned the ball over 5 times, all of sasks points pretty much came off of our turnovers, WE didn't get killed, as a matter of fact, you take those turnovers away and we win this game easily.. running away with it, just checked 17 sask points off our 5 turnovers... tell me again how we got schooled? 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Honestly, I'm not even sure what that means, it's the nature boy, i get that but not sure how you relate that to my post. 

Is it because it's a rant? I guess as opposed to all those level headed comments made by people like Floyd, Road Griller and the other "usual suspects" who seem to be happy when we lose? Its that or you are agreeing cuz flair is wooing there. 

giphy.gif

Honestly, I'm not even sure what that means, it's the nature boy, i get that but not sure how you relate that to my post. 

giphy.gif

Wasn't too happy with the lack of screens or passes out in the flats, if you can't run the ball, find another way to get grigsby involved, swing passes, little screens, didn't really see much of that. I feel the riders are prone to that, They have a good dline but if you can get your backs out in the flats against them, man... theres lots of open field, not enough little 2 or 3 yard passes to the back tonight, cost us a bit.. riders were sending the house at times cuz they knew we weren't going to run... almost got WIlly killed and seriously Injured there because of it too. Not impressed with some of the plays calls at all. MB has done a pretty good job so far this season actually but really didn't think too much of some of the plays call or lack there of actually tonight. 

The last thing i will say, cuz it's bed time is.... the louie richardson roughing penalty on special teams... Was it because the returners helmet came off? or was it actually late? Cuz to me, it looked like they didn't throw a flag until the returners helmet came off, was that actually a legit call? Or like the stamps call a few weeks ago where they called the result of the play, not the actual play itself really..... was it a case of just the refs seeing the guys helmet come off cuz... On tv, it didn't look like it was that late, if at all.

And Chamblin challenging the pass interference on a ball that was caught? Seriously bro? Talk about a waste of time... 

Lots of weird things in this game tonight.... O'shea seemed more animated on the sidelines, riders seem to like to tackle guys high too, saw lots of what could have been horse collar type "clothesline" type tackles, even on the demond fumble, there was what looked to be a very high almost facemask grabbing type of attempt at a tackle...On that play Willy almost got hurt badly, he was down and the sask player hit him low on his leg.. should that not have been called? they called something on that play but... don't believe it was for the late low hit on the already downed qb.... Not blaming the refs cuz thought they did a good job but... Couple iffy calls there, those didn't cost us the game, the turnovers, i guess that last play of the game counts as one too, so 6 in total cost us but still... Riders seem kind of like a bit of a dirty team. 

Year one of the New Regime. Still lots of work to be done. 

I would look long term (this off season) and improve the O Line and get some serious competition at RB. 

(Might require a new OC too....looking far ahead of course.... not next week)

This team is well on its way

In spite of the 5 turnovers, the Bombers lost by only a small margin, so all is not lost. That said, it all came down to three big plays that cost us the game: the two fumbles and the last interception, all of which have been atypical this season. The frustrating thing is that the game was winnable, and the obvious problems which we have been fortunate to dodge thus far bit us on the collective butts.

The coaches know better than we that the running game is pathetic and what needs to be done- this has to be the worst in the CFL and the worst performance of our ground game in years-all season apart from the first game. I don't know of the O-line was that bad last game (all season, really) or Sask's D-line was/is that good, but our tackles looked terrible last night.

Willy was the better quarterback last night, our receivers were as good or better than Sask's but Messam wrecked us when it really counted and the smallish D-line and linebackers' vulnerability to power running between the tackles was exposed and will give a blueprint to the rest of the league on how to wear us down. Someone said Messam is a disruptive influence in the locker room, but if it comes down to him or Volny, what has Volny done for us besides fill out the IR roster?

Kuale could have turned the game around all by himself but didn't. Had he taken the ball to the house, the game would have been over, or even if he hung on and fell down.

I didn't see lack of effort last night, just some big mistakes which cost us and some team problems were exposed.

The last thing i will say, cuz it's bed time is.... the louie richardson roughing penalty on special teams... Was it because the returners helmet came off? or was it actually late? Cuz to me, it looked like they didn't throw a flag until the returners helmet came off, was that actually a legit call? Or like the stamps call a few weeks ago where they called the result of the play, not the actual play itself really..... was it a case of just the refs seeing the guys helmet come off cuz... On tv, it didn't look like it was that late, if at all.

And Chamblin challenging the pass interference on a ball that was caught? Seriously bro? Talk about a waste of time... 

Lots of weird things in this game tonight.... O'shea seemed more animated on the sidelines, riders seem to like to tackle guys high too, saw lots of what could have been horse collar type "clothesline" type tackles, even on the demond fumble, there was what looked to be a very high almost facemask grabbing type of attempt at a tackle...On that play Willy almost got hurt badly, he was down and the sask player hit him low on his leg.. should that not have been called? they called something on that play but... don't believe it was for the late low hit on the already downed qb.... Not blaming the refs cuz thought they did a good job but... Couple iffy calls there, those didn't cost us the game, the turnovers, i guess that last play of the game counts as one too, so 6 in total cost us but still... Riders seem kind of like a bit of a dirty team. 

Challenge was a valid idea. Would have given them a first down instead of having to punt.

It just wasn't PI.

Is the Grigsby experiement over yet?  He can have all the shiny stats he wants but hes RB stats are getting worse by the week.  Would anyone else have worse stats if they were as involved in the offense?  Sask seemed to pressure Willy at will.  Where was the blocking?

Im not going to get too choked about one loss but this team was way too close to having 3, 4 losses this season.  It could go either way.  And Willy, as a rookie QB is going to have games like that where he was awful.

I worry about the delicate pysche of this team.  For example, Grigsby (at the risk of harping on him).  Its like they thought 'well, we're winning so lets not make any changes we dont have to' even though it seems clear that he either isnt performing as a RB or isnt protecting Willy or both.  Its like they are afraid of their own success.

A learning experience...Willy is going to have a rough time in the film room after this one, but he will learn from it. Keeping in mind all the injuries WE have this week (seems to only be talk about the Riders player missing, but we have many as well) and it's still a good showing. D held the Rider O in check and a comical series of gaffes handed the gappers a gift win. We'll learn from it and be much better vs Toronto. 

Here's hoping we grab a couple of wins vs still-weaker East opponents the next couple weeks...

On the post game interview Willy sounded pretty dejected and took responsibility for the loss.

The one thing I did like was he said he was going to look at the film tonight to correct what went wrong.

Small thing but most players say they will watch film the next day.

Just the feeling he will learn from this and continue to get better.

Anybody throwing blame around after this one (to specific targets) is being silly. Everyone takes a piece of the blame on this one, as they share both wins and losses, as a team. They'll all work hard to correct this one and have a much better showing vs T.O. on a random Tuesday nighter...

I worry about the delicate pysche of this team.  For example, Grigsby (at the risk of harping on him).  Its like they thought 'well, we're winning so lets not make any changes we dont have to' even though it seems clear that he either isnt performing as a RB or isnt protecting Willy or both.  Its like they are afraid of their own success.

I wouldn't say that this team has a delicate psyche. They've come from behind a number of times this season and it looks like MOS has instilled an expectation to win. I have no idea why they're sticking with Grigsby at RB, but I doubt it's to protect his feelings. The coaching staff seems to be in love with him for better or worse. Maybe he's the type of guy who dominates practice and turns off in games.

I wouldn't say that this team has a delicate psyche. They've come from behind a number of times this season and it looks like MOS has instilled an expectation to win. I have no idea why they're sticking with Grigsby at RB, but I doubt it's to protect his feelings. The coaching staff seems to be in love with him for better or worse. Maybe he's the type of guy who dominates practice and turns off in games.

see the post above yours. Instead of blaming just grigsby, look at the Oline also. Dude was constantly being stuffed in the back field, what can the rb do, any running back for that matter do when he always has 2 or 3 if not more guys in his face the second he gets the ball. 

see the post above yours. Instead of blaming just grigsby, look at the Oline also. Dude was constantly being stuffed in the back field, what can the rb do, any running back for that matter do when he always has 2 or 3 if not more guys in his face the second he gets the ball. 

It wasn't only when the O line didn't open a hole...it was other times throughout the game where he was far less than impressive!

I'm not just blaming Grigsby. In the above post he was the only player mentioned by name. I think he's got great speed and they need to find plays that get him into space more often. I do have an issue with his habit of taking the handoff and either slowing up before hitting the line or making a few stutter steps and losing all his momentum.