GDT: Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg

Rich

Its game day!

First of three games for these teams. The Bombers, currently first place in the West, against the Roughriders, reigning Grey Cup champions.

Drew Willy facing his old team.

Will Ford running against his old team.

Winnipeg vs. Saskatchewan!

Weather for game time looks to be sunny and 26 degrees, with a southern wind @ 27 km/h.

As always, for those not attending the game, join us in the chat room!

I can finally rejoin the chat...looking forward to tipping a few and enjoying what should be a really good football game. The debate now: Whisky from the 66 we brought back from Grand Forks, or one of the Winnipeg micro-brews we brought back from the MLCC. Half Pints, Farmery and Fort Garry all stocked up at the house...hmmm...

You couldn't make a bad choice if you tried.

you don't know that, it could be crown.

The **** is wrong with crown?

it's an awful whiskey

how do you figure? I'm not going to claim it's the only whiskey or the best whiskey, but awful is pretty strong words.

It's sweet but not smooth. Not a fan.

Fun to be keyed up to fever pitch, for a big game, for a change......

Fortunately, over the years, have devised a reliable system to deal with the nerves......

1. If the Bombers win, consume copious amounts of gin

2. It the Riders win....see: no.1

what is the gin of choice in the do or die household?

Bombay....the immortal Ritch Dowrey known as - 3rdDown, persuaded me to switch.....

What were you drinking before? I recently polished off a bottle of tank ten and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Fortunately, over the years, have devised a reliable system to deal with the nerves......

1.  If the Bombers win, consume copious amounts of gin

2.  It the Riders win....see: no.1

Bombay....the immortal Ritch Dowrey known as - 3rdDown, persuaded me to switch.....

Always think of him when we play BC. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.  Wonder if he's getting better at all? Anyone know?

It's not the end of the world if we lose this one... but considering we will be up against 2 western teams (SSK and BC) in this 6-game stretch prior to our first bye. It would be nice to establish a safe distance between them.

Winning 2 out of 3 vs SSK will gave us the season series against them.

Just like SSK, we play BC 3 times so winning against BC in out home turf will be our second (and season series) against them.

We only play EDM and CGY twice.

Currently EDM hold the series against us and I don't think we can top that since we need to more than 23 points against them.

JUST WIN BOMBERS and everything will take care of itself.

Its game day!

First of three games for these teams.  The Bombers, currently first place in the West, against the Roughriders, reigning Grey Cup champions.

Weather for game time looks to be sunny and 26 degrees, with a southern wind @ 27 km/h.

I can finally rejoin the chat...looking forward to tipping a few and enjoying what should be a really good football game. The debate now: Whisky from the 66 we brought back from Grand Forks, or one of the Winnipeg micro-brews we brought back from the MLCC. Half Pints, Farmery and Fort Garry all stocked up at the house...hmmm...

it's an awful whiskey

how do you figure? I'm not going to claim it's the only whiskey or the best whiskey, but awful is pretty strong words. 

You're missing the boat if your drinking any of the popular Rye Whisky.  If you like Crown Royal move on up to Wiser's Small Batch or Forty Creek Copper Pot, Trickle Creek is also very nice.  If you want a real Canadian Whisky go for Lot 40.  All of these are priced moderately above the standard fare but much better products.  If you want to drink the whole bottle without sharing go for Wiser's Legacy.  Believe me I'm a research scientist when it comes to Canadian Whisky.

It's not the end of the world if we lose this one... but considering we will be up against 2 western teams (SSK and BC) in this 6-game stretch prior to our first bye. It would be nice to establish a safe distance between them.

Winning 2 out of 3 vs SSK will gave us the season series against them.

Just like SSK, we play BC 3 times so winning against BC in out home turf will be our second (and season series) against them.

We only play EDM and CGY twice.

Currently EDM hold the series against us and I don't think we can top that since we need to more than 23 points against them.

JUST WIN BOMBERS and everything will take care of itself.

I want to why this football talk is here, in what clearly is, ah, well,…... I forget.

A sentiment I'm sure many of you can share..

There's just something deep down inside me the stokes the fires of my hate for the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Nothing makes me cringe or shudder more than at the sight of Rider green.

Ever since I was a child I can remember loathing the Riders, the Bombers constantly losing in terrible fashion. The word Saskatchewan brings up terrible thoughts and hatred for our neighbors to the west. To me this rivalry is more than a football game, it's a way of living. I despise the Riders, their fans, their players, their stadium.

Tonight marks a new era. Tonight the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, OUR WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS will march onto the field and plant the flag of renewal. Tonight we show the league that we're the team to beat, that our wins have been justly earned.

Tonight, my hatred for the Riders will burn as bright as ever. But with 0:00 on the clock, I know our Bombers will do us, our city, our province, our fans and everything we stand for proud.

GO BLUE!

One more bit of advice don't pollute your Whisky with coke!

This guy will show you the ropes.

So he pours his dirty finger water in his whiskey with no objections, but the first glassful is just trash, tainted by the invisible forces of whatever might have touched the glass?

So he pours his dirty finger water in his whiskey with no objections, but the first glassful is just trash, tainted by the invisible forces of whatever might have touched the glass?

I object, that man does not have dirty fingers.  Consider that he earns his living with his nose!

I also threw up in my mouth when he said "blended scotch"

Its game day!

First of three games for these teams. The Bombers, currently first place in the West, against the Roughriders, reigning Grey Cup champions.

it's an awful whiskey

It's sweet but not smooth. Not a fan.

see I kind of like my rye to burn a little bit so not being smooth I don't see as a real negative. 

Always appropriate in a whiskey debate:

So we're drinking g at a curling bonspiel back when this was still on the air. My gf asks 17to85s roommate to hold her purse for a second. So he pulls this gag. Well, shall hasn't seen the commercial, and when she's drinking, she's not afraid to haul off on someone. She doesn't get the gag and winds up and absolutely hammers the poor bastard. She's a wee blonde but she gave him a good shot to the gut. Never again has poor Joe tried the plastic bag trick...

Always appropriate in a whiskey debate:

So we're drinking g at a curling bonspiel back when this was still on the air. My gf asks 17to85s roommate to hold her purse for a second. So he pulls this gag. Well, shall hasn't seen the commercial, and when she's drinking, she's not afraid to haul off on someone. She doesn't get the gag and winds up and absolutely hammers the poor bastard. She's a wee blonde but she gave him a good shot to the gut. Never again has poor Joe tried the plastic bag trick...

"At least I didn't hit anyone"

What were you drinking before? I recently polished off a bottle of tank ten and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Scotch Rye....then Southern Comfort, by the mick....followed by cheaper brands of gin.   Good gin signifies style, culture and proper breeding, unlike a lot of stuff that the plebs drink.....

Scotch Rye....then Southern Comfort, by the mick....followed by cheaper brands of gin.   Good gin signifies style, culture and proper breeding, unlike a lot of stuff that the plebs drink.....

Try Hendricks Gin. It will change your life.