GDT: Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg

Rich

As disappointed as I am.... I do sit back and realize that Willy has only a fraction of the starts that Durant has and yet still managed to move the ball much better all behind an inferior o line and an invisible rb.

We get a few more pieces  (quality o line man and anyone running aside from Fred Reid clone Grigsby) and we win that game easily.  

Things look good.... 

Both losses have come after clutch victories and both times I think we have failed to address the weaknesses from those wins.

Running the ball? Still a HUGE issue and has been for weeks.  Grigsby brought a lot to the pass game tonight but he is terrible as a running back.  Its obviously not all his fault either, that OL is being held together by duct tape and they all took turns sucking tonight.  Together those six players put us in a lot of second-and-longs.

Special teams gaffes...again.  Generally fumbles are seen as a rare occurrence and are hard to predict.  Demond is just killing us and that fumble was the turning point.  Offense had just turned the ball over on a fumble and to gift them another (fortunately only 3 pts) was the beginning of the end.

The Riders had 3 first downs after the first half.  We needed to capitalize on our drives (15 first downs in the first) but didn't.  Once again, the Bombers started to sleepwalk in the middle quarters.

As an aside, Chamblin and the Riders pulled that bush league stunt before the game and I was hoping we would dominate them even more.  What a classless bunch of crap.  

Rider fans in my section were typical of them too.  Quiet as mice for three and half quarters, rarely celebrating or doing anything out of the ordinary.  Yet when it was obvious they were going to win they were sure to rub it in our faces.  Most of them were well-behaved, but it was hilarious to see the few of them act like clowns.  The Bomber fans hadn't even mocked them prior to that.

What did the Riders do before the game?

When they were announced to enter the field, the remained in the tunnel.  Then they ran out, stood and jumped/danced at center field as the Bombers were running out through the tunnel and row of cheerleaders.  Generally the Bombers form a group and cheer once the player announcements are done, and they were NOT happy that the Riders were right beside them.  It was a planned stunt, as they didn't the Riders didn't go to their sideline at all until both teams were arguing at centerfield.

Also, I think we have extremely low expectations for kick and punt returners. Woods is easily the best one we have, but that's only because he doesn't fumble or lose yards.  Not fumbling should be the base requirement (no more Demond there) and so should the ability to run straight.  

To his credit, I think Woods had one of his better games this year but I still am left wanting more.  

The Riders came out late but finishd us early. Can't believe we got schooled so hard at home. #disgrace.

"WE"??? You're a disgrace as a supposed Bomber fan as anyone on chat knows. Matter of fact, I don't consider you a Bomber fan. You love it when we lose. You make a point of having a real good time on chat mocking the team & letting us all know it when the Bombers aren't doing well.

Fred Reid was no hall of famer but Grigsby couldn't hold his jockstrap.

I disagree... Reid was pretty useless as well.   On OB.com I harped on him for being able to only get 1 big gain per game and a whole lot of fall down after getting touched for 2 - 3 yard gains.    I remember posting his stats where outside of his one big game against BC... if you took away his one big run per game he would average something tiny like 2.8 yards per carry.....  I'm getting the same feeling with Grigsby.   

Now I know the o line isn't giving him a whole lot of room and maybe MB should be calling for more sweeps or anything that will get him outside.....   it just seems that when he does have a chance to make a move he usually makes the wrong move or he's one on one with a tackler and instantly falls down.  

I'm not a huge Messam fan but clearly tonight he showed that he can at least break a few tackles.... so he *would* of been an upgrade to a certain extent. 

Fred Reid was no hall of famer but Grigsby couldn't hold his jockstrap.

I disagree... Reid was pretty useless as well.   On OB.com I harped on him for being able to only get 1 big gain per game and a whole lot of fall down after getting touched for 2 - 3 yard gains.    I remember posting his stats where outside of his one big game against BC... if you took away his one big run per game he would average something tiny like 2.8 yards per carry.....  I'm getting the same feeling with Grigsby.   

Now I know the o line isn't giving him a whole lot of room and maybe MB should be calling for more sweeps or anything that will get him outside.....   it just seems that when he does have a chance to make a move he usually makes the wrong move or he's one on one with a tackler and instantly falls down.  

I'm not a huge Messam fan but clearly tonight he showed that he can at least break a few tackles.... so he *would* of been an upgrade to a certain extent. 

Again, I'm not saying Reid was a great player. He was good, though. And he certainly didn't have two games out of seven where in total he carried 25 times for 27 yards.

This is the CFL and it's absolutely unheard of to be that unproductive.

Less Rider D men on the Bomber side of the line of scrimmage, might of helped.   We just cannot run block against a good front.....period.   We only keep at it to try to keep the rush honest....and even that is not really working anymore.....O is completely one-dimensional....

Said it before, the run game that Bellefuile drifts into is very Lapo-like... and for that game, Jerome Messam is the back you need.

I cheered for Grigsby but he is done... he pauses now just like Washington pauses on his returns... and then tries too much.

Walters needs to find a big running back if we keep trying to smashmouth the ball up the middle