[MERGED] Bombers Add Justin Blackmon to Neg List

Goalie

Source tells me #Bombers have added troubled Jacksonville Jaguars WR Justin Blackmon to the neg list. #CFL via @SUNMitchell

Interesting little note there. If this guy could get his stuff together, he could be pretty solid, doubt it ever happens, by that i mean i doubt he ever comes here but if he does and gets his stuff together, could be quite the interesting move. 

If he can get his life on track he is going to be an absolute superstar.... in the NFL

I'm not holding my breath on this one

Both Gordon and Blackmon are phenomenal talents. A shame it's being wasted away. Hopefully those around them can help them get the help they need, but likewise I'm not holding my breath. The good news is that the NFL is full of amazing, young wide receiver talent in guys like Jeffrey, Bryant, and Jones. Watkins will be in that category soon enough as well.

Wouldn't say Josh Gordon is in dire need of help.  However I would say that he has been screwed over by the NFL's absurd drug testing policies.

After his latest arrest a number of players he's played with past and present were on Twitter advocating the need to get him help. They would know better than anyone considering the time they spend with him on and off the field.

If you love weed so much that you get busted for it multiple times while in the NFL, where he surely knows the consequences, then I think it's definitely possible that he needs help. Either that or doesn't care much whether or not he can play.

As crazy as everyone thinks that suspension is, it's not like it was a secret it would happen. I'm pretty sure they have set mandatory suspensions for each time you test positive. And I believe for the first one it isn't even made public and there's no suspension.  You have to be really dumb and/or addicted to get to the point where you are looking at a full year. After the first time or two I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even be letting people smoke around me.

Yup...smoke some weed and you're possibly out for a season. Slap around your wife/gf you get a slap on the wrist.    

I wonder what would happen if a Denver Bronco was caught in a drug test?  It's legal but I assume it's a banned substance within the NFL Drug Policy.   

Yup...smoke some weed and you're possibly out for a season. Slap around your wife/gf you get a slap on the wrist.    

I wonder what would happen if a Denver Bronco was caught in a drug test?  It's legal but I assume it's a banned substance within the NFL Drug Policy.   

Rice didn't just slap his fiance (who was stupid enough to go on and marry him), he knocked her unconscious in the elevator and was going to walk away leaving her sprawled on the floor, leg blocking the doors which were trying to close. Later he said "she was sorry for her part in all that and had learned a lot". I'll bet she did.

Never been a fan of Blackmon. He'd probably be decent here I guess. In the NFL I can't envision him ever becoming a star.

I doubt he ever comes even close to sniffing the CFL, but if he ever did, he would be the best receiver in the league bar none. Assuming his heart were in it.

Never been a fan of Blackmon. He'd probably be decent here I guess. In the NFL I can't envision him ever becoming a star.

I doubt he ever comes even close to sniffing the CFL, but if he ever did, he would be the best receiver in the league bar none. Assuming his heart were in it.

I don't buy it.  This guy was absolutely a college talent, but his body of work in his short pro career hasn't demonstrated that he's developed further than a college player. Small sample size obviously due to the various reasons he hasn't hit the field, but I don't buy that he'd come up here and dominate.

I don't buy it.  This guy was absolutely a college talent, but his body of work in his short pro career hasn't demonstrated that he's developed further than a college player. Small sample size obviously due to the various reasons he hasn't hit the field, but I don't buy that he'd come up here and dominate.

Did you see him play last year? He was absolutely dominant on a horrific Jags team.

Really??... did you ever watch him play? In 4 games last year he had 29 catches, 415 yard and a TD.... and that's playing for Jacksonville!... If he can get it together.... he will absolutely be a star... might be too late for him now...

Really??... did you ever watch him play? In 4 games last year he had 29 catches, 415 yard and a TD.... and that's playing for Jacksonville!... If he can get it together.... he will absolutely be a star... might be too late for him now...

Absolutely agree.  That said, there have been a couple of rough cases that travel to the CFL after the NFL tires of their antics, but just don't think Blackmon would be one of them.  Jags are desperate though, no way they let him go.

Nothing to see here.  This is one of these take-a-flyer names that pop up every once in a while.  A few years ago it was Duante Culpepper.  Montreal did Tebow.  I think GM's do this mostly to entertain themselves.  He will have to burn thru a lot more chances before we ever see him in the CFL.

If someone can't see that Blackmon isn't a fantastic talent, then I really don't know what to say.

I don't think you've ever seen him play.  That is the only explanation I can come up with for your comments, because he is obviously a very talented receiver.  Anyone can see that.