Report Marcel Bellefeuille Being Brought In As A Consultant

Jpan85

This is one of the reasons we haven't developed a QB. We have to give them time. Maybe Goltz pans out, maybe he doesn't. But you are going to have to play him more to find out.

I agree. Dumping him for Hall is wrong. Max Hall may be our starter, Goltz may be our starter but this three ring circus is what's killed us in the past. Now, we're doing it again & Buck's healthy.

Marcel Bellefeuille joins Blue Bombers’ Offensive Coaching Staff

Head Coach Tim Burke has announced today the appointment of longtime CFL coach Marcel Bellefeuille to the team’s offensive coaching staff.

“Marcel is a very experienced coach who has had lots of success on the offensive side of the ball as a position coach, a coordinator and a head coach,” said Burke.  “He will add experience to our staff and will be another voice in our offensive meetings who we can lean on to provide us with new insights and ideas thanks to his wealth of knowledge at the CFL level.”

Bellefeuille returns to the CFL where he spent three seasons as the Hamilton Tiger-Cats’ head coach from 2009-2011.  After taking over the job on an interim basis midway through the 2008 season, he guided his team to the playoffs in each of his three full seasons at the helm, including an appearance in the East Final in 2011.  Bellefeuille was originally hired by the Tiger-Cats to be their offensive coordinator in 2008 after successful stints in the same capacity with the Montreal Alouettes and Saskatchewan Roughriders.  He began his CFL coaching career in 2001 with the Roughriders.

Prior to joining the CFL, Bellefeuille won a Vanier Cup as head coach of the Ottawa Gee-Gee’s in 2000.  He spent last season with the United Football League’s Omaha Nighthawks as the team’s receivers coach.

Michael Bishop had a great arm and that was mobile too. How did that pan out? Goltz is inaccurate, can't read a defence, and his footwork makes Tim Tebow look like Peyton Manning.

The guy is 2 starts and about 5 appearances into his CFL career... a little early to call him the second coming of Tee Martin, isn't it?

I have grave concerns if this Hall move has been made by Miller himself. I do NOT want a President meddling in on-field stuff. Hire the right coaches and player personnel folks and let them do their damn job...

Miller seemed to me to say that on-field decisions aren't his job (his comment about not watching film for example). My guess is that Burke is letting Crowton play the qb he wants. He's said he's not involved with the offense, so he's going to let the guy who is pick his qb.

I have grave concerns if this Hall move has been made by Miller himself. I do NOT want a President meddling in on-field stuff. Hire the right coaches and player personnel folks and let them do their damn job...

I don't know, I have a hard time seeing this as a Miller move.  Why would he come in and demand that they start a guy who he has never seen in a game and never even seen practice yet?  Doesn't make sense.

I feel bad for Marcel, on the free press they have a video of him being questioned and the media were all over him asking if he made the decision for Hall, if he's going to coach on the sidelines , what he has recommended so far.

All this despite him saying he was only called 48 hours ago and has only watched film in one day.

At least give the guy a few weeks before hounding him...

I feel bad for Marcel, on the free press they have a video of him being questioned and the media were all over him asking if he made the decision for Hall, if he's going to coach on the sidelines , what he has recommended so far.

All this despite him saying he was only called 48 hours ago and has only watched film in one day.

At least give the guy a few weeks before hounding him...

Who wants to bet MB is on the next flight out of town.

Who wants to bet MB is on the next flight out of town.

No doubt.  He's relatively highly thought of.  He'll get a job if he just waits.  Why he would want to step into this mess I have no idea.  He's going to leave here with a worse reputation then he arrived with. 

Poppycock...he's here, obviously he's interested.

And why wouldn't he want another opportunity?

Agreed,  for MB he knows next year will be a brand new regime so why would he take off before seeing who gets hired and what not.    I just hope they do an extensive HC interview process and don't simply hand him the team out of convenience.

Agreed,  for MB he knows next year will be a brand new regime so why would he take off before seeing who gets hired and what not.    I just hope they do an extensive HC interview process and don't simply hand him the team out of convenience.

Except by being here now on staff & the coaching regime fails then he'll be tied to them because he couldn't get the job done. Risky move for a guy wanting to be a HC again in the CFL.

Except by being here now on staff & the coaching regime fails then he'll be tied to them because he couldn't get the job done. Risky move for a guy wanting to be a HC again in the CFL.

Doubt it.

Each man earns his own credits.

MB has earned his stripes. 

Did it ever occur to you that he may earn even more now?

No doubt.  He's relatively highly thought of.  He'll get a job if he just waits.  Why he would want to step into this mess I have no idea.  He's going to leave here with a worse reputation then he arrived with. 

Call me crazy, and I do see your reasoning, but maybe just maybe he thinks he can help the team!!!