Kyle Walters Greatest Challenge

Brandon Dyson is always willing to end another career or two...

Wonder if Jermese Jones would consider a comeback:? :lol:

Or convert retired Doug Brown DT to retired Doug Brown OG? :rolleyes:

Nate, I'm your biggest supporter here. I'll have your back against some of the haters here but seriously your act is wearing a little thin. Come on. Have a take but don't suck.

I was actually trying to get in on the joke against me, Al...didn't you notice the emoticons?

So, Dyakowski, Hage and Obby Khan were actually serious suggestions....?  This whole thread confuses me.

Even the other suggestions on here don't make sense... 

Dyakowski (who's currently injured) and Hage (semi-retired) were fairly serious. Unless you think our current troops are gonna be able to protect Willy....

Dyakowski is out for 7 more games at minimum. Can't help us from the tub. Plus Hamilton isn't going to deal him. Hage's rights are owned by Calgary and he is essentially retired. The idea that we need to upgrade the oline is fine, the suggestions to do it, not so much.

Yeah well that being said, there really isn't much out there to suggest. By the end of the year, Cohon may be okaying tackling dummies as National OL just so teams can make the ratio. Ottawa really has drained a lot of the extra NI talent out there this year. As I believe JBR stated in another thread, three imports on the OL may become the new normal this year, meaning a lot more National DB's and even National running backs becoming the new NI position of choice (as is already happening on several teams)to fill in for lack of NI OL available. I wish we could clone Anthony Coombs, he looks like a stud.

"Nate, it's not so much this comment but the other stuff you say. I can't support you vs others here who criticize you when you say some of the things you do. How can I even though I want to?" 

….and these...are the days...of our lives...

I think Nate... ah forget it. 

Nate, I'm your biggest supporter here. I'll have your back against some of the haters here but seriously your act is wearing a little thin. Come on. Have a take but don't suck.

I was actually trying to get in on the joke against me, Al...didn't you notice the emoticons?

So, Dyakowski, Hage and Obby Khan were actually serious suggestions....?  This whole thread confuses me.

Dyakowski (who's currently injured) and Hage (semi-retired) were fairly serious. Unless you think our current troops are gonna be able to protect Willy....

I think January-Neufeld-Morely-Knapp-Jones is our best option... without signing anyone.

Dyakowski is in major knee rehab, Walters already brought in an injured NI OL in Hinse...  He would be an upgrade to Howard or Neufeld...

As long as we don't abandon the run game, I think we're in decent shape

I think January-Neufeld-Morely-Knapp-Jones is our best option... without signing anyone.

Dyakowski is in major knee rehab, Walters already brought in an injured NI OL in Hinse...  He would be an upgrade to Howard or Neufeld...

Hinse?  What are you basing this on?

Passport for Howard and experience for Neufeld.  Hinse 'should' be able to recognize stunts, blitzes a bit better...

Neufeld has never been a great guard, I really wanted to see what he could do at tackle.

Passport for Howard and experience for Neufeld.  Hinse 'should' be able to recognize stunts, blitzes a bit better...

Neufeld has never been a great guard, I really wanted to see what he could do at tackle.

How does his passport upgrade our offensive line vs playing Howard?  That makes zero sense.

Hinse has only really started as a centre, and couldn't take that gig from a pretty average player.  Hinse was released by Edmonton, beat out by Brian Ramsey, Adam Baboulas, Andrew Jones and Justin Sorensen.  A whole crew of below average offensive linemen.  Even if you're just reading the tea leaves of this guy's career, your expectations should be ridiculously low, not ridiculously high. 

Trade Watson then sign Etienne. Problem solved.

OMG, serious??

So you have 3 starting calibre NI's in Watson, JFG and Kohlert.  Not game changing players, but starter quality NI receivers.  And you have an OL that has been deficient for a number of years. 

Watman shores up a guard position for you immediately, and could be our ticket to no Morley by year's end.  Etienne is signed to backup the 2 NI starting receivers; and at least has some upside to him.  How is that terrible?

Apparently Morley is no longer the problem many on here imagined he was.

OMG, serious??

So you have 3 starting calibre NI's in Watson, JFG and Kohlert.  Not game changing players, but starter quality NI receivers.  And you have an OL that has been deficient for a number of years. 

Watman shores up a guard position for you immediately, and could be our ticket to no Morley by year's end.  Etienne is signed to backup the 2 NI starting receivers; and at least has some upside to him.  How is that terrible?

So, get rid of Steve Morley who's playing well at centre for us & bring back Jade Etienne a failure at receiver. Great suggestions on this thread. 

OMG, serious??

So, get rid of Steve Morley who's playing well at centre for us & bring back Jade Etienne a failure at receiver. Great suggestions on this thread. 

If you're referring to my comment you misunderstood.  To re-state Morley is no longer considered a problem.  Bob Wylie says so.

The only problem for Morley this year is getting in the buffet line ahead of Wylie...that being said, anyone see Stubler sweating like he was sitting in a sauna on the sidelines in the Calgary - Toronto game?  Yikes that's one guy that I am actually worried abut making it through this season alive.

Dyakowski is out for 7 more games at minimum. Can't help us from the tub. Plus Hamilton isn't going to deal him. Hage's rights are owned by Calgary and he is essentially retired. The idea that we need to upgrade the oline is fine, the suggestions to do it, not so much.

Yeah well that being said, there really isn't much out there to suggest. By the end of the year, Cohon may be okaying tackling dummies as National OL just so teams can make the ratio. Ottawa really has drained a lot of the extra NI talent out there this year. As I believe JBR stated in another thread, three imports on the OL may become the new normal this year, meaning a lot more National DB's and even National running backs becoming the new NI position of choice (as is already happening on several teams)to fill in for lack of NI OL available. I wish we could clone Anthony Coombs, he looks like a stud.

in other words, the ratio needs to be changed so we can avoid watering down the quality of play in the CFL...

The only problem for Morley this year is getting in the buffet line ahead of Wylie...that being said, anyone see Stubler sweating like he was sitting in a sauna on the sidelines in the Calgary - Toronto game?  Yikes that's one guy that I am actually worried abut making it through this season alive.

Even funnier was Mike Benevides behaviour in Sask.  He was going coo coo for cocoa puffs on the sidelines.  Looked like Wally might have threatened to put out a hit on him if he didn't come up with a Lion victory real soon.

OMG, serious??

If you're referring to my comment you misunderstood.  To re-state Morley is no longer considered a problem.  Bob Wylie says so.

Not your comments but Armchair GM's.

Even funnier was Mike Benevides behaviour in Sask.  He was going coo coo for cocoa puffs on the sidelines.  Looked like Wally might have threatened to put out a hit on him if he didn't come up with a Lion victory real soon.

He was a little crazy. He & Khari got into it face to face. Then he just suddenly bolted away from KJ & onto the field screaming. The pressure is getting to him.