Kyle Walters Greatest Challenge

Trade Watson then sign Etienne. Problem solved.

OMG, serious??

So you have 3 starting calibre NI's in Watson, JFG and Kohlert.  Not game changing players, but starter quality NI receivers.  And you have an OL that has been deficient for a number of years. 

Watman shores up a guard position for you immediately, and could be our ticket to no Morley by year's end.  Etienne is signed to backup the 2 NI starting receivers; and at least has some upside to him.  How is that terrible?

Apparently Morley is no longer the problem many on here imagined he was.

So, get rid of Steve Morley who's playing well at centre for us & bring back Jade Etienne a failure at receiver. Great suggestions on this thread. 

If you're referring to my comment you misunderstood.  To re-state Morley is no longer considered a problem.  Bob Wylie says so.

Not your comments but Armchair GM's.

Think you missed the "by year's end" part of my post.  Morley is adequate at center. 

Everyone would agree that Goossen is our C of the future.  Provided he develops and starts at C for us by the end of the year, I'm not sure anyone on this forum would support Morley to ever play G for this organization again, unless we're in a real pinch.

For years we've griped about our inadequate OL... to keep someone who has been adequate or below for the past 4 years, if we have the opportunity to make it better, would be ridiculous.  Having Greaves, Goose, Neufeld, and Watman would give us the opportunity to have 4 young NI OL's that we can start; and possibly even a 4th NI OL if we wanted to do that.

For the opportunity to have depth and talent at NI OL... I'd deal Watson and sign Etienne to back up our NI WR's.  I think some people forget, but Etienne showed some ability last year.

Benevides is losing it.

Plus he looks like the A&W Bear.

mike-benevides.jpg?itok=AlwD6i-Z

awrootbear.jpg

That's not just any old bear.....that's the A&W Root Bear.

The scene that really got me laughing was when Adam Bighill knocked the ball loose from Hugh Charles in the end-zone.  Benny got so excited he ran down the sidelines for about 40 yards waving his arms frantically in the "incomplete pass signal" screaming "no, no, no!!!".   Honest to God I thought he was actually going to attain lift-off.

I think the CFL needs to add another category to their weekly awards for "best dramatic performance".  After-all it's all entertainment.

Trade Watson then sign Etienne. Problem solved.

OMG, serious??

So you have 3 starting calibre NI's in Watson, JFG and Kohlert.  Not game changing players, but starter quality NI receivers.  And you have an OL that has been deficient for a number of years. 

Watman shores up a guard position for you immediately, and could be our ticket to no Morley by year's end.  Etienne is signed to backup the 2 NI starting receivers; and at least has some upside to him.  How is that terrible?

Apparently Morley is no longer the problem many on here imagined he was.

So, get rid of Steve Morley who's playing well at centre for us & bring back Jade Etienne a failure at receiver. Great suggestions on this thread. 

If you're referring to my comment you misunderstood.  To re-state Morley is no longer considered a problem.  Bob Wylie says so.

Not your comments but Armchair GM's.

Think you missed the "by year's end" part of my post.  Morley is adequate at center. 

Everyone would agree that Goossen is our C of the future.  Provided he develops and starts at C for us by the end of the year, I'm not sure anyone on this forum would support Morley to ever play G for this organization again, unless we're in a real pinch.

For years we've griped about our inadequate OL... to keep someone who has been adequate or below for the past 4 years, if we have the opportunity to make it better, would be ridiculous.  Having Greaves, Goose, Neufeld, and Watman would give us the opportunity to have 4 young NI OL's that we can start; and possibly even a 4th NI OL if we wanted to do that.

For the opportunity to have depth and talent at NI OL... I'd deal Watson and sign Etienne to back up our NI WR's.  I think some people forget, but Etienne showed some ability last year.

Goosen can also play guard. If Morley is doing the job at center as he appears he is so far then why get rid of him if he has a good season? Sign Etienne & deal Watson? If  Etienne was so good, then how come he got traded from here, cut in Saskatchewan, not resigned by the Riders after Getzlaff went down or signed as a FA by any other CFL team? Other teams want depth at receiver, too. Holy crap, that's the dumbest suggestion I've ever read here.

Goosen can also play guard. If Morley is doing the job at center as he appears he is so far then why get rid of him if he has a good season? Sign Etienne & deal Watson? If  Etienne was so good, then how come he got traded from here, cut in Saskatchewan, not resigned by the Riders after Getzlaff went down or signed as a FA by any other CFL team? Other teams want depth at receiver, too. Holy crap, that's the dumbest suggestion I've ever read here.

What's great is that we're 3-0, and all of a sudden Morley's getting a pass, after 4-5 years of ineffective line play.  I'll give him this, he's been better this year at C than he was at G.  Your point is made.  But Morley's a proven commodity, and a proven below-average one... we can't settle for that when his game inevitably slips.  We've settled since 1990 and look where that's gotten us...

Given the opportunity to retain the injury prone Watson or deal him for the younger NI OL Watman... I take it, with some kind of draft picks/whatnot attached to even the deal out.  To keep ISO happy, Etienne can keep his farm job, and we'll sign someone else to compete with Carter for the NI WR backup job behind JFG and Kohlert.

What's great is that we're 3-0, and all of a sudden Morley's getting a pass, after 4-5 years of ineffective line play.  I'll give him this, he's been better this year at C than he was at G.  Your point is made.  But Morley's a proven commodity, and a proven below-average one... we can't settle for that when his game inevitably slips.  We've settled since 1990 and look where that's gotten us...

Given the opportunity to retain the injury prone Watson or deal him for the younger NI OL Watman... I take it, with some kind of draft picks/whatnot attached to even the deal out.  To keep ISO happy, Etienne can keep his farm job, and we'll sign someone else to compete with Carter for the NI WR backup job behind JFG and Kohlert.

How long is watman signed for? If he's a free agent, we may just get him in the off season for "free". 

Sign Etienne. Trade Watson. LOL! What a joke. Watson does more for the team standing on the sidelines with an injured hammy then Etienne running around the field doing nothing & taking up a roster spot.