Grigsby

Floyd

Doug Brown just gave Grigsby the 'hardest worker of the game'...

He had a great night and he totally reminds me of Blink... he spins and squirms his way for more yards but, man, does he ever slide off blocks like Chuckles used to...  and standing there watching a live ball was just ridiculous.

I think Grigsby's success is as much due to MB's game calling and Willy's QB sense as anything... pretty sure if we plugged in Cotton or Ford, we'd get similar results

I'm torn on Grigsby. Solid runner, but it's ironic that he played against Chevon Walker tonight because that's who he reminds me of.

Mainly because both leave much to be desired in pass protection.

But 100+ in two straight and 3 majors isn't something to scoff at

I wasn't a fan of his in the pre season, and thought he was just good last week. But, he really impressed me tonight. Even his pass blocking is improved. I LOVE Paris Cotton but can we really justify putting Grigsby on the bench at this point? Also, where does this leave Will Ford(who I'm glad is now firmly #3)?

I wasn't a fan of his in the pre season, and thought he was just good last week. But, he really impressed me tonight. Even his pass blocking is improved. I LOVE Paris Cotton but can we really justify putting Grigsby on the bench at this point? Also, where does this leave Will Ford(who I'm glad is now firmly #3)?

he nearly got WIlly killed, yes we can justify it.

You have to give MB huge props for making his guys look good though...  He was a bit slow to respond to Nelson's D late in the 3rd/early 4th but he did have a shaken QB

At times, MB called a game to help Goossen, highlight Moore, spread the ball around and managed to cool down the heat on Willy...  if Grigsby makes his blocks, Kohlert has a couple more catches, same with Denmark...

Just think the dump/shovel pass is more of a MB trademark than anything special from Grigsby.

I'm torn on this one too. I like Grigsby, he's shown well. But I was really impressed with Cotton and he was the best back in camp. He deserves a shot IMO. He'll get one as backs get hurt, it's that simple. My only worry is the longer Grigsby plays, the staler Cotton might get and he might not have that same spark when he does get in. 

Will Ford .. yeah, he's ok but he my issue with him is he levelled off last year. He went from promising to 'is that it' for me. Granted, he never played with a real QB before either, so I'm not ready to write him off yet. However, we can only keep two, we keep Cotton and Grigsby. 

I like the  guy, i think ford may be the odd man out when cotton is healthy, demond showed today he can return kicks, bombers could probably put cotton in to return kicks also although thought woods had a nice game and a big return when we needed it. Grigsby so far doesn't deserve to sit. Speaking of blocks though, what a cheap hit on willy by the ottawa db there, went low on him, to me, i was surprised he wasn't kicked out of the game for that. Looked pretty blatant to me. 

Well, he's aware it's important if that story about him and Faulk is legit.. Hopefully he can talk to him again... Real soon.. And Faulk can reintegrate passblocking is fkn important!

He can cut, slash, juke, jive and spin like a top but as mentioned before, he NEEDS to protect willy better or he's gonzo

Blocking and getting almost no yards after contact are huge red flags on him.

He's made some plays though through 2 games.

Maybe I misread but I thought I saw something like 80 of his 120 yards last week were after contact.

Derek Taylor @DerekOnGlobal  ·  17h

#Bombers facts 2: Nic Grigsby rushed for 122 yards. A whopping 87 came after contact. That's just under 1/2 what Will Ford had all of 2013

Blocking and getting almost no yards after contact are huge red flags on him.

He's made some plays though through 2 games.

Maybe I misread but I thought I saw something like 80 of his 120 yards last week were after contact.

Derek Taylor @DerekOnGlobal  ·  17h

#Bombers facts 2: Nic Grigsby rushed for 122 yards. A whopping 87 came after contact. That's just under 1/2 what Will Ford had all of 2013

That seems way off from my viewings of that game.  He's made people miss clean, often with a spin, and busted contain like crazy, but has barely broken any tackles, basically has gone down with any contact.  They must be counting any time he runs by a defender as "contact."

I dunno, Grigsby pushed the pile a couple of times with guys on his back last week, picked up 5 yards here and there when he probably shouldn't have had any, he does use that spin move and does seem to have it perfected but he looks to me to be a power back, i don't care for play calls calling runs up the middle too much, i'll never understand those, i mean i understand the reasoning for them but... looks like grigsby is best when he gets outside on the play, perhaps a guy like cotton can be the run it up the middle back though.

The one thing to keep in mind with Grigsby also is he's been out of football for a while, quite a while, a year or more even, it's gonna take him time to get adjusted again. I like what he brings actually... he's pretty clutch, love his passion and his heart. Pretty hard to knock the guy even for his missed blocks. He's had 2 very good games where he's made a significant difference at times, we ran the ball less today too for some reason, not sure why that was, guess Ottawa has a pretty strong DLINE. But he seems to be a back that once he starts getting more touches, he becomes more effective. The blocking? meh, lots of guys missed some blocks tonight, knapp neufeld morley and goossen for sure. Wonder if greaves is hurt and out a couple weeks, although on the o'shea post game press conference said greaves wanted to go back in, so how hurt could he really be? but i wonder if he misses a couple games, you put goossen at his natural centre and move morley to guard. 

gotta love the offensive production but pass protection was the major issue with Chad Simpson.... I think have a real OC who runs a real offense with a real O-line coach will help him improve.... Cotton will give him a run for his money... either way we have a good future at RB

Bottom line our qb looks good when he's kept clean so it should be the most important thing on the field right now is keeping that guy clean. There was the one play where Grigsby actually picked up his man well.... but the guy just brushed him aside and continued on through to willy like Grigsby wasn't even there. Gotta at least slow the guy down. 

Not sure the hate on for Grigsby and his all around play. He has missed the odd block, but not like many have made it seem, and some of the ones he has "missed" have been instances where he has to decide where his protection should go from a couple options.

It more a result of blitz packages and schemes as it is missed assignments. Also he is learning the CFL style of game and getting used to where things come from, angles, "the edge" and this is also translating to his running as he learns the Canadian field and it's nuances, and within probably the 4-5 game range he will be reacting and instinctively doing things as opposed to having to think right now.

Factor in rust and not playing for a couple years and it's pretty impressive what he has done to date, especially coming from his first TC and not getting all the significant reps.

It seems the only detractors are the forum fans, but writers, coaches, analysts and former/current players sing a different tune.