Grigsby

Floyd

He obviously thought Willy threw the ball fellas. Get a grip. 

It was on Willy for holding the ball foolishly not on Grigsby. You guys don't even know the play call, yet blaming the guy who single handedly won the game for us last night?

Sure, Grigsby whiffing on block after block after block. Looking like he's not even trying. What game were you watching? Running backs have to do four things well:  1. Run with the ball, 2. Block for his qb or other players. 3. Catch out of the backfield. 4. Hold onto the football. Being good at three out of 4 isn't good enough. This is pro football, not high school. And Bluto as well as Mike pointed out that Cory Boyd was the CFL leading rusher in 2011 & out of football the next because he either couldn't or refused to  block.

It was on Willy for holding the ball foolishly not on Grigsby. You guys don't even know the play call, yet blaming the guy who single handedly won the game for us last night?

Single handedly?  Yeah?  Demond Washington, Nick Moore, Aaron Kelly... they had nothing to do with it?

**** you're stupid.  Making my brain hurt.

Single handedly?  Yeah?  Demond Washington, Nick Moore, Aaron Kelly... they had nothing to do with it?

what did I say before? 

Demond and Nic won the game last night. What is so hard to understand?.... you ever watch sports before? there is always a player of the game. No no no no not for you. There has to be more than 1 person who won the game? come on man. you give blue bomber fans a bad rap.

i'll be very clear to you. NIC and DEMOND won the game for us. If they did not play the way they did. We do not win the game. And I know 95% of BB fans agree.

what did I say before? 

Demond and Nic won the game last night. What is so hard to understand?.... you ever watch sports before? there is always a player of the game. No no no no not for you. There has to be more than 1 person who won the game? come on man. you give blue bomber fans a bad rap.

i'll be very clear to you. NIC and DEMOND won the game for us. If they did not play the way they did. We do not win the game. And I know 95% of BB fans agree.

Grimsby didn't block. It's going to kill us if he doesn't start. And there were 11 other guys on the field at that any given time that contributed to that win, not just a couple. 

what did I say before? 

This post sounds like you are trolling yourself?

what did I say before? 

Grimsby didn't block. It's going to kill us if he doesn't start. And there were 11 other guys on the field at that any given time that contributed to that win, not just a couple.

He blocked at times, just not well.. Needs to step up into people.. I do wonder tho if maybe he's not 100% sure when he's to stay home and when to slip out... He mentioned at some point how he had it instilled into him passblocking is very important so... Bah, I dunno.. I just hope it doesn't cost us willy while he sorts it out.. Shame if he can't, he's an excellent rusher..

I've watched the game twice now and I really, really think Grigsby is doing some good things...he's also getting a boost from the system. He's good in space, faster than I expected and overall I would call him a good back. But he gets taken down easily (I think the spin move is so noticeable that it sticks in the memory easily) and his blocking is atrocious. He will identify the man but then get absolutely smashed and taken back. Once they started attacking this weakness the offense started to stall.

I'd like to see Cotton get a chance when healthy. I like Grigsby for some things and don't like him for others. He had a huge spin move in each game in the backfield, He's great at cutting and making guys miss and he has some pretty good strait line speed...

But to me, that's all things Cotton can do as well. If Cotton is a better Pass blocker, then I'd go with him next game if he's healthy. Cotton can run through those holes just as fast as Grigsby can. I'd DI Cotton instead of Woods and I'd them both significant playing time in a real game and see if that will motivate Grigsby into sticking with his blocks rater then rubbing off and looking for a dump pass.

I think if Grigsby would just commit to his blocks he could be a phenomenal RB for us.

I'm also intrigued by Megget... I'd like to see what he can do one day as well. Could be a great smash mouth RB(whos also got some speed) for us

No question that Grigsby's running has been phenomenal, and if he could block and catch as well as he runs, he would be in the NFL by the end of next week. If Grigsby wants the job badly enough and wants to get noticed by NFL scouts, he needs to spend some time with our O-line coach and/or assistant coach. If he cannot round out his game, I have no doubt O'Shea will plug someone in who will run and block.

As well as Grigsby has been running to date I think Cotton would smoke him.  Cotton was far and away the best "participating" RB in camp and he has the added bonus of being a fantastic kick returner.  As far as blocking goes who knows which is best, as I recall Will Ford wasn't so great at that either.

As well as Grigsby has been running to date I think Cotton would smoke him. Cotton was far and away the best "participating" RB in camp and he has the added bonus of being a fantastic kick returner. As far as blocking goes who knows which is best, as I recall Will Ford wasn't so great at that either.

Depth and competition are a beautiful thing.

As well as Grigsby has been running to date I think Cotton would smoke him.  Cotton was far and away the best "participating" RB in camp and he has the added bonus of being a fantastic kick returner.  As far as blocking goes who knows which is best, as I recall Will Ford wasn't so great at that either.

Know what's scaring me - Edmonton has nothing at RB this year. I have a bad feeling that Cotton will end up here. Don't know why, just do. 

Guys got to remember a few things about Grigsby though. He was fighting through injuries during camp according to OShea... And he was also out of football for a while before he came up here. He's probably been rusty as well as trying to get into the kind of shape he was in during his pro day.

Looks like he got his speed back Thursday. He is bigger and stronger than Cotton, he just needs to use his body to its full potential.

After two weeks Grigsby is leading the league in rushing and rushing TDs and has zero fumbles (well none that I can remember) not bad for our third string back. Yes the blocking is less than desirable so If/when Cotton is healthy id like to see them get used as a tandem back or try to trade one of them for depth in other areas.

Know what's scaring me - Edmonton has nothing at RB this year. I have a bad feeling that Cotton will end up here. Don't know why, just do. 

May not be such a bad thing as long as we get a useful player in exchange.  Will Ford might be attractive trade bait as he is a proven commodity.  I don't want to see Cotton pawned off until he has another kick at the can.  He appeared to be a "holy ****" type RB in pre-season action and that type of player doesn't come along very often.