Grigsby

Floyd

The top two running backs at this point are imports who had zero CFL experience coming into the year - Why would anyone trade for a running back? It's way too easy to find a back. Giving up an asset, any asset for Will Ford or anyone on our roster for that matter will not happen.

That is commonly said but not always the case as Edmonton ran through T.C. without finding a RB equal to the 3 the Bombers have at their disposal.  Problem is E.E. do not have an abundance of National resources either, nix trade.

As I was painfully reminded in another thread, Will Ford is a kick return threat... might want to keep that guy around.

He won't get on the roster to return kicks.  He can't catch punts.  I can see Ford going soon.  They let him hit free agency and took him back at far less than he thought he deserved.  We have 5 import backs right now.

Id take Woods off the roster and put Cotton on there. Cotton can return too and gives us a solid in game back up, and rotational player at a very important position for our offence.

I'd also consider taking Unamba off for Stoudermire and seeing what he can do returning kicks and backing up in the secondary.

Id take Woods off the roster and put Cotton on there. Cotton can return too and gives us a solid in game back up, and rotational player at a very important position for our offence.

I'd also consider taking Unamba off for Stoudermire and seeing what he can do returning kicks and backing up in the secondary.

Why would you take Unamba off? He's been a special teams stud thus far.

Why would you take Unamba off? He's been a special teams stud thus far.

Maybe its just me, but I've been thoroughly disapointed in his play... mostly on defence... ST's he's looked alright... Penalty irked me last game. It really depends what Stoudermire is showing in practice. Hence the "consider"

I would like to get Suber on the roster if he is healthy. I don't mind Don Unamba but I believe that Suber would be a little more valuable as a backup DB.

Less Suber is better. I'm not a fan. He's just too short.

he's a far better tackler than many!

If Etch keeps him out of red zone defensive packages I guess I could live with him, but I'm just not a Suber fan.

Suber is great at jamming slots at the line and disrupting timing on routes, but if he gets caught 1 on 1 downfield he is one of the worst at making a play with the ball in the air, and that's not a size thing, just awareness.  We used to play a corner (Ottawa and Montreal did too) named Greg Moss who was 5'5 but he'd defend deep balls to 6'2-6'3-6'4 receivers on the boundary just fine.  It's all about timing and tracking the ball.  For this reason I'm not a big fan of him in a zone defense, yes the tackling is very good, but it would be nice to have someone who can make a play on the ball too, not just pile up 10 tackles after first downs are gained.

Unamba is pretty bad on D, his effort makes him strong on special teams though.

IMO, Markett on the roster is preferable to either, better player than both, more versatile than Suber, won't lose anything Unamba brings on special teams.

Woods is doing fine at returner.  He protects the ball, gains yards, and when there is a big return available he gets it.  People seem to have this expectation that there should be big returns all the time, but the way teams punt now, most of them are basically not returnable.  He's third in the league on kickoff returns among the regulars, and third on punt returns.

I would like to get Suber on the roster if he is healthy. I don't mind Don Unamba but I believe that Suber would be a little more valuable as a backup DB.

Less Suber is better. I'm not a fan. He's just too short.

Yup. He has to roll his socks down to poop.

Greg Moss, now theres a name. thanks for refreshing my memory he had good ball skills and was good at making plays for the gades.

I dont see why ppl are upset with Woods. He's pretty reliable back there I never worry about him dropping the ball or fumbling. Give it a few games and if he doesn't really contribute any solid +10 yard returns than maybe think about changing it up. But I'm pretty sure the team is satisfied with Woods back there for the time being.

Woods is fourth in kick return yards and is far and away the leader on punt return yards. He also leads the league in combined return yards. He isn't seeing the bench any time soon.

Well said.

And as far as Grigsby goes, why fix something if it ain't broken. He has produced in 2 games and we've won 2. I as well thought Cotton was and may be superior to Grigsby, but you just can't argue with the results from Grigs.

The criticism of Woods reminds me of the way Albert Johnson was criticized by fans back in 2006. Despite leading the league from start to finish in combined return yards I recall a number of people that would call in to Doug Berry's radio show asking why the team doesn't try someone else at returner. Both (not including when Johnson first broke into the league) are/were solid returners but appear not to have that spectacular return capability that Demond Washington has.

The issue of course is that Washington, despite his ability to take the ball to the house on returns has also shown a penchant for putting the ball on the ground as well. As long as you as a returner average in or around 10 yards on punt returns and over 20 yards on kick returns and don't fumble the ball, you have nothing to worry about, hence why Woods will be staying right where he is.

The criticism of Woods reminds me of the way Albert Johnson was criticized by fans back in 2006. Despite leading the league from start to finish in combined return yards I recall a number of people that would call in to Doug Berry's radio show asking why the team doesn't try someone else at returner. Both (not including when Johnson first broke into the league) are/were solid returners but appear not to have that spectacular return capability that Demond Washington has.

The issue of course if that Washington, despite his ability to take the ball to the house on returns has also shown a penchant for putting the ball on the ground as well. As long as you as a returner average in or around 10 yards on punt returns and over 20 yards on kick returns and don't fumble the ball, you have nothing to worry about, hence why Woods will be staying right where he is.

I agree Woods is doing his job well.  It does seem to me that he has lost a step from last year though, it looks like he put on about 20 lbs of muscle in the off-season and that may have detracted from his speed. 

Suber is great at jamming slots at the line and disrupting timing on routes, but if he gets caught 1 on 1 downfield he is one of the worst at making a play with the ball in the air, and that's not a size thing, just awareness.  We used to play a corner (Ottawa and Montreal did too) named Greg Moss who was 5'5 but he'd defend deep balls to 6'2-6'3-6'4 receivers on the boundary just fine.  It's all about timing and tracking the ball.  For this reason I'm not a big fan of him in a zone defense, yes the tackling is very good, but it would be nice to have someone who can make a play on the ball too, not just pile up 10 tackles after first downs are gained.

Unamba is pretty bad on D, his effort makes him strong on special teams though.

IMO, Markett on the roster is preferable to either, better player than both, more versatile than Suber, won't lose anything Unamba brings on special teams.

Woods is doing fine at returner.  He protects the ball, gains yards, and when there is a big return available he gets it.  People seem to have this expectation that there should be big returns all the time, but the way teams punt now, most of them are basically not returnable.  He's third in the league on kickoff returns among the regulars, and third on punt returns.

I don't have an issue with Woods returns... I just think that Cotton brings more to the offence than Woods does. I'd personally like to have very good in game depth at RB because I believe it's a very important position. Canadian can back up at Receiver and do well and theres 4 other guys to pick up the slack... @ RB, not so much

I was in support of Woods using a spot because I figured he could be a valuable member of some of our offensive packages. If he isn't going to be used that way, it may be more effective to have Cotton in there.

I'm curious to see what happens with Cotton now that he's going to be healthy.

I was in support of Woods using a spot because I figured he could be a valuable member of some of our offensive packages. If he isn't going to be used that way, it may be more effective to have Cotton in there.

I'm very much agree with this.

Regarding the protection for the QB, I suggest to add an additional Nat'l OL on the gameday lineup. That could probably gave us the proper contingency in case an OL goes down during the game instead of dressing Thomas as an extra OL. It will also enable us to utilise Knapp as TE in some snaps. we could take off one of the National 'MLB' as a trade off.

I'm very much agree with this.

Regarding the protection for the QB, I suggest to add an additional Nat'l OL on the gameday lineup. That could probably gave us the proper contingency in case an OL goes down during the game instead of dressing Thomas as an extra OL. It will also enable us to utilise Knapp as TE in some snaps. we could take off one of the National 'MLB' as a trade off.

Did Thomas change his jersey mid-game, like after the Greaves injury?  If not, I wonder if something was up with Greaves heading into the game