Argos @ Bombers Gdt -- Game Day: We All Play

Noeller

Well, my yearly trek home sees the Bombers at home this time, so I'm finally able to get to IGF. Can't wait to see the new barn, but dreading what the injuries will do to this team's performance. If we're in this game late in the 4th, I'll be more than happy...

I had a dream last night that we will get off to a hot start tonight, 11-0 in the first quarter.

But I also dreamed that Oscar from the Office played for the Argos, Doug Brown was back with the Bombers, and they were wearing orange and blue.  

So I don't know how reliable that dream was.

Well, my yearly trek home sees the Bombers at home this time, so I'm finally able to get to IGF. Can't wait to see the new barn, but dreading what the injuries will do to this team's performance. If we're in this game late in the 4th, I'll be more than happy...

Where are you sitting?

Ha ha -- yeah, I'm not expecting much tonight! Just happy to be at the barn. The girlfriend's first Bomber home game (we go to the Bomber games in AB) so she's stoked. And really, if you sat through the Bomber game at McMahon last summer, you can sit through anything right??

I had a dream last night that we will get off to a hot start tonight, 11-0 in the first quarter.

But I also dreamed that Oscar from the Office played for the Argos, Doug Brown was back with the Bombers, and they were wearing orange and blue.  

So I don't know how reliable that dream was.

Hey I had the same dream...except it was Oscar from Corner Gas.  I think he'd get blown away pretty fast.   :unsure:

This was a painful one to see live. Need to watch the tape to tell exactly what went wrong, but Jovon really looked outta place out there. Can't tell if Goltz actually looked okay, or was just garbage time.

If we put Pierce on the field next week (or whenever he's healthy) the whole staff should be fired immediately.  He had his one drive right off the bat, then slowly decreased his play to what we've seen by the second quarter.  He's done.  

Goltz looked decent.  He's still really raw, but there is something to work with there at least.  His head actually moved through his progressions occasionally (once on a really nice deep ball to Denmark).  It's time to see if we can make something of him.

Jovon looks like he's lost a lot.  He's getting beat deep weekly now.

Chad Simpson has really ticked me off.  Too many fumbles, a lot of horizontal running.  He has to run north-south or his value plummets greatly.

Our defense is a lot weaker without our two starting linebackers.  That hurt us tonight with Ray hitting a lot of short throws.  Still, they managed to keep things close at 7-6 for a while 'till Pierce's interception.  That pick and then the deep touchdown sunk us.  I was talking with some fans around me how 14-6 might as well be 35-6 for us since we can't score at all.

Burke talks a lot about benching players or punishing them somehow.  That threat has been diminished with a lot of injuries, but I also think he's pointing the finger at the wrong players.  He wasn't happy with Denmark but Denmark wasn't getting a lot of throws his way.  Now he did and look what happened.  We've discussed Pierce ad nauseum, but freaking Mike Renaud is killing us AGAIN with field position.  He has been really, really bad for over two years.  His directional kicking is awful.  The OL's had some struggles too.  The easy one for me there is Morley.  If Burke is going to rant and rave about sending these guys a message, then he needs to actually bench the players that deserve it.  That goes out the window when some of the frequent offenders are still playing.

What a frustrating team.

Oh and also this team is SO boring to watch live.  I mean, I love football and I love the Bombers but that second quarter was a snoozer.  I stayed 'till the end of the game just because I was so excited to see if Goltz could do anything with the offense.

Burke talks a lot about benching players or punishing them somehow.  That threat has been diminished with a lot of injuries, but I also think he's pointing the finger at the wrong players.  He wasn't happy with Denmark but Denmark wasn't getting a lot of throws his way.  Now he did and look what happened.  We've discussed Pierce ad nauseum, but freaking Mike Renaud is killing us AGAIN with field position.  He has been really, really bad for over two years.  His directional kicking is awful.  The OL's had some struggles too.  The easy one for me there is Morley.  If Burke is going to rant and rave about sending these guys a message, then he needs to actually bench the players that deserve it.  That goes out the window when some of the frequent offenders are still playing.

it seems like there is a real double standard when it comes to accountability with this team. Seems to me that he is much quicker to bench or replace defensive guys than offensive ones despite the offense being such an achilles heel for this team for years now. I mean we returned pretty much everyone on offense... how does that make any sense? Then after a month of crappy offense the only changes getting made are due to injuries... End the double standard and start benching the guys on offense who aren't doing their jobs.