Watson Injured In Practice

If only we had a backup longsnapper...   :ph34r:

Watson's injury sucks but then again, our offence can't score anyway so maybe this just means Simpson will get the ball more.

But, yes, if we had kept Logan as a backup, none of this would have ever happened.  Boo on you, Mr. West.  Boo.

according to the Freep Matthews is also out

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Bombers-holding-meeting-after-Watson-injured-at-practice-215877371.html

The injury will force Bombers staff into a mess of roster moves trying to get the offensive schemes on-line for Friday’s game against the Toronto Argonauts, especially since starters Chris Matthews and Terrence Edwards are also out.

with Renuad as the backup Canadian Reciever? I think Pierce might actually play some slot back as he said he was looking forward to using the waggle. Maybe Jade gets put back in the boundry WR and they let pierce play SB.

They might also have woodson backup some as a WR, he can block well and apparently run's a lot of routes in practice.

Lets hope the new returner is lightning in a bottle, we're going to need it.

Not sure what tree you think the long snappers grow on. Matechuk got cut here before the season because he was 250 and couldn't run. He then went to Sask and got cut. Cronk launched a long duck in BC and chunking Matechuck was the guy they harps to call. Start aiming at the garbage can in the backyard...u may earn a job

As much as I agree with him, THIS quote is exactly why Burke needs to learn when to shut his mouth.

"If I had another guy to fill his spot, I'd cut him right now"

Where'd you read that?

EDIT - Erp... Twitter...

I get the feeling Burke tends to say things without thinking about them first...

Where'd you read that?

Jim Toth's Twitter feed.

Jim Toth @JimTothCJOB

#Bombers Burke on West\Watson play "Again we got to learn how to practice like pro's. One guy didn't do it right & Cory got hurt... "1/2

Jim Toth @JimTothCJOB

#Bombers Burke on West/Watson play "If I had another person in that spot, I would cut him right now." 2/2

If he said that to the media I wonder what he said to west in person.

I would actually expect that what he told West very closely resembles what he told the media.

I also don't think this is a particularly empty threat...  If West were to screw up really badly again in the near future I wouldn't be surprised to see him cut.