Bryant Turner Wins All 4 Player Of The Week Awards; Gives Away 3

Mike

I enjoy reading these Bryant Turner things but can someone explain how this whole thing got started. 

It was Mike on the other site. When BT92 first came to the WBB, Mike had been reading all about him and hyped him up pretty good, to the point where he started turning them into Chuck Norris -type things, because even  he knew that his comments were so over-blown. As with most things of this nature, once he started it, (and the fact that BT was backing it up...) people just ran with it.....

It was Mike on the other site. When BT92 first came to the WBB, Mike had been reading all about him and hyped him up pretty good, to the point where he started turning them into Chuck Norris -type things, because even  he knew that his comments were so over-blown. As with most things of this nature, once he started it, (and the fact that BT was backing it up...) people just ran with it.....

You can thank Turner's old agent for that one. Back in the day, he contacted me on Twitter thinking I was in the personnel department for the team and thanked me for giving BT (and Denmark, who he also represented) a chance to make the team. I explained I was just a fan and we got to talking about players and he just really had me sold on Turner as a player.

You can thank Turner's old agent for that one. Back in the day, he contacted me on Twitter thinking I was in the personnel department for the team and thanked me for giving BT (and Denmark, who he also represented) a chance to make the team. I explained I was just a fan and we got to talking about players and he just really had me sold on Turner as a player.

Oh, there is so much more fun that you could have had with that...

Oh, there is so much more fun that you could have had with that...

Back when I used to talk to Penton more on Twitter and have conversations with some of the players, etc it used to come up pretty often actually. I don't think it helped that my Twitter handle has "wpg" in it just like the Bombers' official page and I had to change my display picture to something that wasn't a Bomber logo but before that, I used to get players sending me Youtube videos, agents contacting me for tryout information and all kinds of stuff like that pretty regularly.

The weirdest one I ever had was somebody from a little town newspaper in North Carolina contacting me for permission to interview Perry Floyd for a local article.

It's entertaining, but I never messed with anyone.

Thanks for the explanation. Do you know if Bryant Turner has read any of the comments (past or present) and what he thinks of them?

Congratulations to the Ticats D, who are now 2 for 2 for Offensive Player of the Week awards.

Pretty much a continuation from last season.

Thanks for the explanation. Do you know if Bryant Turner has read any of the comments (past or present) and what he thinks of them?

I bumped into him and jason vega in the food court of the mall in Regina last year before the Labour day game. I asked about this and he said that he does see or hear about most of them and thinks they are funny, and that there are some creative people out there.