Free Agency - 2014...

Mr Dee

Sorenson was a journeyman O-lineman, and not that hard to replace, but damn, we need a stud NI O-lineman. The free agent picking look awful slim right now so I hope that Pencer and/or Neufeld will step up, Walters pulls a rabbit out of a hat or we can score a starter in the draft. Don't like our odds, though.

I like the Moore signing, only because I think he was one of the reasons BC was comfortable getting rid of Geroy.

Anyone else think it would be hilaaarious if Lulay got hurt early in the season?  And they were stuck with the Pierce/Elliott show?

Wally has an unreal ability to produce Quarterbacks, if Lulay gets hurt I'm sure Ricky Ray 2.0 will be right there to step in.

I like the Moore signing, only because I think he was one of the reasons BC was comfortable getting rid of Geroy.

Anyone else think it would be hilaaarious if Lulay got hurt early in the season? And they were stuck with the Pierce/Elliott show?

Wally has an unreal ability to produce Quarterbacks, if Lulay gets hurt I'm sure Ricky Ray 2.0 will be right there to step in.

Because DeMarco, pierce, champion, Jackson are all Ricky Ray level of talent.

The fact that they took Bomber scraps for their depth doesn't really show me that Buono has it anymore.

I will say this...based on everything I've read today, I'm very confident the Bombers did everything they could to get the guys they really wanted. Sometimes, you just can't get a guy, even if you offer 'em the moon. They had money, they had opportunity...I have no reason to believe that they didn't do everything in their power today. It is what it is...

Bourke wanted to remain in Montreal. Do you think we'd have ante'd up $220,000 to sign him?

I thought we should have offered Bourke $250,000. He's worth it.

He signed before FA started. He was re-signing in Montreal regardless of what any other team offered.

Not true. BC confirmed they made Bourke an offer. He was a FA for a few minutes.

Bourke wanted to remain in Montreal. Do you think we'd have ante'd up $220,000 to sign him?

I thought we should have offered Bourke $250,000. He's worth it.

He signed before FA started. He was re-signing in Montreal regardless of what any other team offered.

Not true. BC confirmed they made Bourke an offer. He was a FA for a few minutes.

IIRC they said he signed just before FA started - not enough time for other teams to know he had signed. And even if he was FA for a few minutes, that likely wouldn't have been enough time for his agent to let him know what the other offers were.

I'm sure it doesn't need to be pointed out, but what are the odds Korey Banks DIDN'T have anything to do with bringing Moore here?

Going by his tweet after the announcement, he seemed surprised by the signing. We now know that Moore and Willy are good friends so he may have played more of a factor than Banks.

Anyone else think it would be hilaaarious if Lulay got hurt early in the season? And they were stuck with the Pierce/Elliott show?

Seeing as they only have Lulay, pierce and Elliott under contract.... It would likely be someone new with zero cfl experience. Tough even for wally.