Free Agency - 2014...

Mr Dee

Mike, who of the remaining FA's out there do you think would make the biggest impact for the Bombers this season?

Butler, no doubt.

But if we're out on him (as I suspect we are) then I would have to say the guys I'd really like to see us take a shot at would be Ted Laurent (when/if he starts listening to CFL offers), Swayze Waters and Jock Sanders.

Would he really be the biggest impact remaining FA for the Bombers if Graig Newman is ready to start, as some are saying?  One would think Butler's impact would be lessened by the presence of Newman and Sofa already here and startable (although Sofa might not be the best safety on the Rifles).

I'd say Laurent and Sanders are very interesting.

Mike, who of the remaining FA's out there do you think would make the biggest impact for the Bombers this season?

Butler, no doubt.

But if we're out on him (as I suspect we are) then I would have to say the guys I'd really like to see us take a shot at would be Ted Laurent (when/if he starts listening to CFL offers), Swayze Waters and Jock Sanders.

Would he really be the biggest impact remaining FA for the Bombers if Graig Newman is ready to start, as some are saying?  One would think Butler's impact would be lessened by the presence of Newman and Sofa already here and startable (although Sofa might not be the best safety on the Rifles).

I heard we're bringing an import safety in too, I think his name is Chester Field or something like that.

Let Edwards play part-time...  he's had the **** kicked out of him because he's been our only real go-to guy for the last four or five years... transition him to coach in a year or so...

The most overused statement on Bomber fan forums ever.

Correction:  Highlighting a portion of someone's post and then replying with an unfounded juvenile remark is actually the most over-used thing on this forum.

That and Drew Willy penis jokes.

But you're right, let's just cut Edwards after seven years of busting his ass and getting 1000 yard seasons out of crap QBs and OCs.  Good plan, buddy... we all know that good players can't transition into good coaches.

That's not what I said. But it seems like once a dude hits 5+ years tenure with a club, there are certain posters who just assume that player should transition to coaching.

'Certain posters' is actually the most overused term on this forum...

JoLo and Edwards seem like they would be good coaches...  don't remember suggesting anyone else.

So, you don't think Edwards should be transitioned to a coach/mentor type of position...?

Let Edwards play part-time...  he's had the **** kicked out of him because he's been our only real go-to guy for the last four or five years... transition him to coach in a year or so...

Correction:  Highlighting a portion of someone's post and then replying with an unfounded juvenile remark is actually the most over-used thing on this forum.

But you're right, let's just cut Edwards after seven years of busting his ass and getting 1000 yard seasons out of crap QBs and OCs.  Good plan, buddy... we all know that good players can't transition into good coaches.

That's not what I said. But it seems like once a dude hits 5+ years tenure with a club, there are certain posters who just assume that player should transition to coaching.

JoLo and Edwards seem like they would be good coaches...  don't remember suggesting anyone else.

So, you don't think Edwards should be transitioned to a coach/mentor type of position...?

Buck Pierce, Doug Brown, Milt Stegall...I'm probably missing a few more too.

I think someone should probably ask him to see if he even wants to.

Kyle Walters wanted to change culture in Wpg. Moore, Willy, Newman, Banks all come from winning organization. Paid lots, but getting it done

Feel like Banks is probably the most noticeable when it comes to salary vs. age and production.  Willy's money isn't bad considering the situation (young QB, needy team, less than Collaros' deal) and unless I missed it I don't think Newman will be raking in the big bucks.  Moore probably got a lot, but again, young productive receiver.

Yeah I don't particularly agree with the "Paid lots" bit in the grand scheme of things when you consider what is coming off the books this year. That being said I agree with the culture change point. Walters has succeeded in that regard for sure.

Let Edwards play part-time... he's had the **** kicked out of him because he's been our only real go-to guy for the last four or five years... transition him to coach in a year or so...

Correction: Highlighting a portion of someone's post and then replying with an unfounded juvenile remark is actually the most over-used thing on this forum.

But you're right, let's just cut Edwards after seven years of busting his ass and getting 1000 yard seasons out of crap QBs and OCs. Good plan, buddy... we all know that good players can't transition into good coaches.

JoLo and Edwards seem like they would be good coaches... don't remember suggesting anyone else.

Miller as ST, Walby as oline coach, simpson as lb coach.. Pretty much any player who put in x amount of seasons was automatically assumed to be awesome coaching material by certain posters on this forum...

and kels, unravel yer panties dood.. That bunch up you got going on is gonna end up hurting eventually lol

Let Edwards play part-time... he's had the **** kicked out of him because he's been our only real go-to guy for the last four or five years... transition him to coach in a year or so...

Correction: Highlighting a portion of someone's post and then replying with an unfounded juvenile remark is actually the most over-used thing on this forum.

But you're right, let's just cut Edwards after seven years of busting his ass and getting 1000 yard seasons out of crap QBs and OCs. Good plan, buddy... we all know that good players can't transition into good coaches.

JoLo and Edwards seem like they would be good coaches... don't remember suggesting anyone else.

Miller as ST, Walby as oline coach, simpson as lb coach.. Pretty much any player who put in x amount of seasons was automatically assumed to be awesome coaching material by certain posters on this forum...

and kels, unravel yer panties dood.. That bunch up you got gling on is gonna end up hurting eventually lol

What about Cameron as our Kicker coach lol

175k+ annually for Nick Moore.

People will probably go nuts over that amount, but that's the going rate for receivers these days. He turned down 160k from BC.

Most likely. But that's the marketplace for an elite receiver as you said. I think he's a very nice addition despite what skeptics say. He's progressed nicely up to this point, and he is an improvement over what was there previously.

Cvetkovic ... Labbe ...

Long-snapping co-ordinator.

He could start a long-snapping camp though for young players.  Tough to get a permanent gig, since once the guy knows how to long snap he knows how to long snap.  Kind of one of those you get it or you don't type of skills, one repetitive technique and no tactics or reads.

Silly question but how good is Newman? Contender to start at S?

Considering who he's competing against....yes.

I think we might have a rotating NI spot on defense between the secondary and DL where Newman, Cauchy, Bucknor, Lucas, Thomas and any DL we might add in the draft would rotate through depending on the defensive package.

Ironic you open the vault for an import WR. People on this forum have often stated you should be able to find IMPWR and RB. The priority in FA for this team should have been stocking NIPs an area sorely lacking for this team

Should be but I guess guys like Butler want to go elsewhere.  Maybe Walters has one more last-minute offer to entice Butler.