Free Agency - 2014...

Mr Dee

I feel like Moore's not getting as much love as I thought he would here.

Is he the third best receiver in the league? No.  A single bulk yardage total isn't going to provide that answer, or at least not a definitive one.

He's still a very good receiver and I'm guessing the Bombers think he's going to continue to produce and improve for them here.  This is a guy heading towards his peak in the league.  A 27 year old, proven, productive receiver with good size and speed for a roster that as a whole still is one of the weakest in the league.  I like it a lot.

I'd have no problem cutting Edwards for Moore. This is a great signing for us, he's a guy on the upswing and has lots of things going for him. Great move by the Blue.

So far thumbs up this year to Walters. Acquiring McCune or anyone else who can start would be gravy.

We can hopefully draft a good o line guy who can start for is this year.

Randle, Kohlert, Newman and Moore.

Not a bad day at the office for the Bombers.

I'm sure it doesn't need to be pointed out, but what are the odds Korey Banks DIDN'T have anything to do with bringing Moore here?

And Walters and O'Shea deserve a lot of credit for bringing in these guys.  For as tough as it was to get a QB, showing that it was tough to make people think of Winnipeg as a favourable destination, we still landed several good players - even if we went about it by trade for some.  The Kohlert signing should get more love here too.  Everyone knew it was going to happen so maybe the lustre wore off but really, he was our most consistent Canadian receiver last year.  If we had signed a similar player in FA maybe it would have gotten more attention.

QB, WR, several DBs....not too shabby.

Bombers need to be looking at improving almost every position.  We had the least amount of talent last year and our receiving core was in the lower half of the league.  No true number 1 threat..and no, Denmark is not a number 1 threat..too inconsistent..a number 2 receiver at best.

I would welcome Nick Moore with open arms even if we overpay him.

Nick Moore isn't an elite #1 receiver unless he takes a quantum leap this off-season.  If Denmark is utilized like he was in the 2nd half of the season 2013 he's a 1200 yard receiver.  I'd say they are pretty comparable in terms of showing some good ability but being somewhat inconsistent in terms of production.  Denmark has better hands, Moore is a bigger target, both really good route runners.

I wonder if we are looking at Moore as a boundary WR to replace Matthews.  He really didn't do well at that spot in BC 2012 and finally grabbed a spot inside after they dealt Geroy.

That boundary WR spot is the one we need to fill.

Check out Moore's stats from 2012 - 2013 - he made a quantum leap in terms of production.  And that was with the starting QB out for a good portion of the season.  No reason he can't be an elite receiver, he's pretty close to it right now..and those 1100 yards put him in the top-10 anyways.  I could argue that's elite right now.

And as for Denmark, please.  Don't act like he wasn't partly responsible for his poor production for most of the season.  Not being used properly was only part of the problem.  He showed an inability to get open much of the time.  If he improves, good for him and good for the Bombers.  But I don't want to see the Bombers put all their eggs in the Denmark basket so to speak.  I also don't think the Bombers should solely rely on kids fresh out of US college to provide meaningful production.  1000 yard receivers aren't as easy to find as some here seem to think.

He also went from being in and out of the lineup, 4th or 5th target when he was in, to taking Geroy Simon's spot.  Any receiver good enough to make a CFL team would put up 1000 yards as a primary target.  Marquay McDaniel is another example of that...good enough that no one in the league wanted him.  Gets a shot to be a #1 receiver with lots of injuries in Calgary, 1000 yards.

Is Moore the 3rd best receiver in the league?  Not a chance.  Same as judging Burris as the #1 QB because he has the most passing yards, yet Lulay, Ray and Calvillo missed big chunks of the season.

Never said he was the 3rd best receiver in the league I said he was pretty close to being an elite receiver right now.  And no, I don't think you have to be top-3 in the league to be an elite receiver.  Between top-5 or top-10 would be elite imo.

Let Edwards play part-time...  he's had the **** kicked out of him because he's been our only real go-to guy for the last four or five years... transition him to coach in a year or so...

The most overused statement on Bomber fan forums ever.

Daved Benefield is still waiting for someone to transition him into a coach.

Mike, who of the remaining FA's out there do you think would make the biggest impact for the Bombers this season?

Butler, no doubt.

But if we're out on him (as I suspect we are) then I would have to say the guys I'd really like to see us take a shot at would be Ted Laurent (when/if he starts listening to CFL offers), Swayze Waters and Jock Sanders.

Mike, who of the remaining FA's out there do you think would make the biggest impact for the Bombers this season?

Butler, no doubt.

But if we're out on him (as I suspect we are) then I would have to say the guys I'd really like to see us take a shot at would be Ted Laurent (when/if he starts listening to CFL offers), Swayze Waters and Jock Sanders.

Jock Sanders would be a great add.  Bellefeuille knows how to use hybrid guys like him too...Thigpen, Corey Holmes.

Let Edwards play part-time...  he's had the **** kicked out of him because he's been our only real go-to guy for the last four or five years... transition him to coach in a year or so...

Correction:  Highlighting a portion of someone's post and then replying with an unfounded juvenile remark is actually the most over-used thing on this forum.

That and Drew Willy penis jokes.

But you're right, let's just cut Edwards after seven years of busting his ass and getting 1000 yard seasons out of crap QBs and OCs.  Good plan, buddy... we all know that good players can't transition into good coaches.

Correction:  Highlighting a portion of someone's post and then replying with an unfounded juvenile remark is actually the most over-used thing on this forum.

That and Drew Willy penis jokes.

But you're right, let's just cut Edwards after seven years of busting his ass and getting 1000 yard seasons out of crap QBs and OCs.  Good plan, buddy... we all know that good players can't transition into good coaches.

That's not what I said. But it seems like once a dude hits 5+ years tenure with a club, there are certain posters who just assume that player should transition to coaching.

Kyle Walters wanted to change culture in Wpg. Moore, Willy, Newman, Banks all come from winning organization. Paid lots, but getting it done

Feel like Banks is probably the most noticeable when it comes to salary vs. age and production.  Willy's money isn't bad considering the situation (young QB, needy team, less than Collaros' deal) and unless I missed it I don't think Newman will be raking in the big bucks.  Moore probably got a lot, but again, young productive receiver.